• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

X-Men The Official MCU X-Men News and Discussion Thread

Yet, in some cases, they adapted to just adapt. I am a big fan of Maddie, and I acknowledge she is a c list character for most. And the complete rewriting of her character isn't a big deal to most. They did not need to adapt her. But they did, because for whatever reason, they wanted to be "comic accurate". Not only tossing away a decently fun storyline, but forcing changes to a story that honestly, never really should be adapted.
And yet the adaption worked. Introduced her to a whole new audience. Didn't make Scott into an a deadbeat father/husband. And generated a lot of speculated conversation over the switch.

That's exactly what we need in the MCU imo

With the news about this new writer, I just have that quivering feeling that Wolverine will yet again be the face of the X-Men in the MCU.

If he is after all the progress 97 made, I'm going to cry.

And yet the adaption worked. Introduced her to a whole new audience. Didn't make Scott into an a deadbeat father/husband. And generated a lot of speculated conversation over the switch.

That's exactly what we need in the MCU imo

To boil my object to one simple point is that Maddie was never Jean. She never believed she was, she never had her memories. In my mind, it is on par of giving Laura all of Logan's memories. This isn't a changing of facts or details. It is a wholesale deletion of a character.

But then again, completely erasing her as a character in order to preserve or boost 2 men's stories is a very Maddie kind of story, though. I actually begin to see some parallels between her and Harley.

But again, I don't expect people here to understand my objections. Definitely did not read the Maddie stuff in recent years, which has brought her back to one of my favorite characters. And some deeper thought on why her story connects so strongly with me.

One is a writer, the other a director.

Also, the report says he was annoying to people above him. And his only fans is another reason cited.

“[DeMayo] is a nice guy, but impossible to deal with. Like, truly an absolute nightmare to deal with on a daily basis. He’s been really annoying them [Marvel leadership] for a while now, and it has nothing to do with the fact that there’s a lot of diversity and LGBTQ stuff in X-Men. It’s just that he’s really prickly and difficult to work with.”

“This insider also suggested that DeMayo’s activity on Only Fans did not go over well with his Disney bosses, who found some of his behavior ‘creepy.’”

His onlyfans is old, but his nudes are recent.

Anyway, I don't know what happened and still think he could do a great job. That's what I think.

We'll all be giving our money to Don't Say Gay Disney anyway.
From what I searched online, it sounded more serious than having an Onlyfans account. The allegations are also more than just "being difficult to work with" which I highly view as problematic behavior. Feel free to google "Beau Mayo allegations".

Hiring Beau Mayo will send a wrong message especially those serious allegations are out there in the wild. Disney must have done investigations which led to his firing.

The X-Men movies already had Bryan Singer and Brett Ratner, so lets not add one more in that problematic group who worked in X-Men movies.

It’s cool to see they’re moving on with this. I think it’s great to go to a director and creatives with a script rather than hire a cast and then write the script.

I was wondering what the response was so I went to Twitter. The first comment I saw was someone saying “that’s it, the hunger games was a bomb this will be a disaster” and the second comment was from a woman cheerfully reminding people that her nudes were in her bio so…that’s nice I guess.

Perfect x-men response really. Catrosphising and horny

Coogler would be terrific, but Barry Jenkins is my number 1.
Yeah I was looking at the scriptwriters resume and they’re solid 7/10 films so having someone like him to really elevate it would help.

Shame they couldn’t get Steve canalls though. That would have been incredible to see

Reactions: JP
It could be Marvel Studios and Disney wanting to strike while the X-Men iron is hot due to X-Men 97 being a current big thing, thus keeping X-Men in the conversation a bit longer.
Especially if Deadpool does the kind of numbers people are expecting. Disney doesn't have as much content this year, so mutants being in the spotlight stands out even more.

With the news about this new writer, I just have that quivering feeling that Wolverine will yet again be the face of the X-Men in the MCU.
I mean he kind of already is, right? Already co-leading a movie.

But rumours say they want to focus on female characters this time. We'll see.

I just woke up from a dream of the MCU X-Men chasing each other and eventually coming together...

Wolverine was there in his Deadpool 3 comic book accurate gear, and he says something like "see? You guys are a bunch of idiots...but you all think alike, so that's why...you're X-Men."

He even spoke in an Australian accent during a resting moment, explaining how his claws are made of the strongest metal on earth and even though it made him stronger, it's also killing him slowly

But will Iger and the Disney BoD want that?
Which is why they need to be bullied and annoyed. :o

Why would you want a creative team that does not annoy them?

But hopefully the queer characters can be queer on press interview. Yay.

I would like to think Disney would want to put more female Marvel characters in the forefront, given how female-led a lot of their Disney projects are, outside of Marvel (Disney princesses, Cruella, Moana, Maleficent, Grey's Anatomy, Frozen).

Storm, Jean Grey, Psylocke, Rogue, Emma Frost, Shadowcat, Jubilee + Invisible Woman. These characters are arguably more popular than the likes of Black Widow, Carol Danvers, Scarlet Witch and Wasp - pre-MCU. I would hate for their potential to go to waste. :xmen:

If I was Feige, the prerequisite to hire a new writer would be hating Logan. :o
preach :tearsofjoy:
seriously, I really applaud Beau DeMayo for putting Wolverine on second row (if not third). He had some balls there and I was really surprised Marvel allowed it.

I mean, the writer choice is definitely an indicator of what they are looking for in a director.

Boy, sure glad all those who told me those choices were rumors and to calm down were extremely correct in their calls.
Perhaps.

I guess I'd be more concerned myself if they wind up going with a bland choice to direct as opposed to say someone like Ryan Coogler whose filmography often has something to say.

I do not need to worry until the director's choice, but even that can go either way. Look at the Russo's.

At this point, they need someone competent to assemble a spine, which they have. After, who knows who will take the next pass at the script? No Marvel film has ever had a sole writer, lol.

I do not need to worry until the director's choice, but even that can go either way. Look at the Russo's.

At this point, they need someone competent to assemble a spine, which they have. After, who knows who will take the next pass at the script? No Marvel film has ever had a sole writer, lol.

At a certain point, one wonders how much of those movies were actually them....

Its a Marvel Studios movie, with Kevin Feige as the producer. We know how they operate, at this point.

The hard part now is waiting. They might announce a director soonish but some people seem to think they’re going to announce the full cast next week even though they literally just got one writer who probably hasn’t even finished the first draft of the script yet

with Vision show and X-Men writer confirmed this week, we already know two of the new projects Marvel will announce at this year Comic Con or D23, no doubt.
Fantastic Four movie was announced in 2019 without any director or writer, with Feige showing the first logo and all that excitement that day. So with the X-Men film now having a writer, the official announcement at a fan event is guaranteed.

At this point, I'd rather have no official announcement for Marvel Studios' X-Men this year, when its potentially yearsss away. :xmen: Who knows, they might hire a director tomorrow, only for them to find a replacement next year.

They've announced the reboots of F4 and Blade way too soon. It will be 5 years since their announcement and we still have no official footage from those.

Yeah we need to let them cook. They rushed the films last time and remember how that went?

I’m thinking of watching the hunger games this weekend to get a vibe check on the writer. I mean it looks decent as well

You know the hardest part is how will they start it? The last x-films had iconic intros. If they can land that they’re off to a good start

I'd still be worried, i personally think X-Men would work better as a big budget ongoing tv series. And animation isn't the same as live action so I wouldn't really count on the animated show dictating anything....especially the tone. Just sayin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"