• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Official "Wolverine at Comic-Con" Thread

From the wife of Len Wien on her blog - scroll down for the pics:

http://mcvalada.blogspot.com/2008/08/comicon-2008-finale.html

Just as most people thought the Fox presentation was finished, on came the surprise appearance of Hugh Jackman who flew in from Australia with footage from X-men Origins: Wolverine. The crowd went wild over both him and the film.

The ninth photograph of Hugh is from right after he went back to the stage after coming into the audience to shake Len's hand. He was still addressing Len from the stage, which is how I was able to get such good eye-contact in the photograph (believe me, I would have waited all day for the moment!)

Following the presentation, Jeff Walker pulled Len backstage to talk to Hugh. Jeff's wife, my fellow photographer Kim Gottleib-Walker, got me past the security guards, so I was able to get a series of shots of Hugh and Len together, one of which is the tenth picture of this set. When Kim gets back from New York, I may have a shot of Len, Hugh, and me to post. This was just such a great morning and I cannot say enough about what a kind and gracious man Hugh Jackman is.

valada_20080724_9366.jpg
valada_20080724_9259.jpg

http://mcvalada.blogspot.com/2008/08/wolverine-family-portrait.html

Wolverine Family Portrait

As promised, here's a photograph of three people having a really good laugh at Comicon International: my husband, Wolverine's creator Len Wein, me, and the talented Hugh Jackman who brings Wolverine to glorious life on the screen. Many thanks to my good friend and colleague Kim Gottlieb-Walker for sending the photograph.

Before anyone asks, Len's cane is an affectation--until about day 3 of the convention. It has the head of the Geiger -designed creature from Alien as a handle.

HughLenChris_web57SL.jpg

I'm not convinced this character can hold my attention for an entire film. There's potential, but I would much rather see a fourth X-Men movie than I would a Wolverine film.

me too.

but this is what they want to give us, more Wolverine.

At least we'll see Gambit. :)

Heh - check this out. It was on a blog and the story is apparently in the National Enquirer and even the poster doesn't believe it.

http://www.cele*****y.com/13552/is_hugh_jackman_a_real-life_hero_too/

Is Hugh Jackman a real-life hero too?

Hugh Jackman is buff and hot and witty, and, according to Mike Walker in the National Enquirer, acted like a real-life superhero while promoting his superhero alter-ego Wolverine at Comic-Con in San Diego recently.

Enquirer reports that Hugh saw two female fans in the parking lot dressed as X-Men characters Magma and Storm. To his surprise, the woman playing Magma then set her arm on fire. The stunt went awry because “Storm” wasn’t able to douse the flames fast enough, and “Magma’s” hair caught on fire.

Moving like a real superhero, Jackman swiftly yanked her costume’s cape over her head, smothering the flames as he yelled for security.

[From National Enquirer, print edition, August 18, 2008]

Medics treated the woman, who luckily only received superficial scalp and head wounds.

Unless I see video or phone-cam pictures or at least a fan’s blog report on this, it sounds like fiction, but it’s still better than the plot of X-Men 3.

Not that I doubt Hugh could pull this off. Anyone capable of believably portraying both Wolverine and Peter Allen can certainly put out a flaming fan-girl in his down time.

Hugh Jackman’s next film role is in Australia, opposite new mom Nicole Kidman. X-Men Origins: Wolverine opens May 1, 2009.

Note by Cele*****y: Since this is alleged to have taken place at Comic-con, which I would venture to guess is filled with tech-savvy people who would be eager to spread the news of such a fantastic story, I doubt it’s true. Mike Walker’s column in the Enquirer is the only place I’ve seen this news at all and google searches turn up nothing. Here’s a video of Jackman on stage at Comic-con and when they pan to the audience about every third person is taping with a video recorder or their cell phone. This is alleged to have taken place in the parking lot, but wouldn’t we have heard of it already?

Either way, Jackman is a hero to me. Watching that video of him speaking to the audience at Comic-con, he is super grateful to his fans. Plus he has that cute accent.

Unless I see video or phone-cam pictures or at least a fan’s blog report on this, it sounds like fiction, but it’s still better than the plot of X-Men 3.

Hahahaha, so true.:up:

This is going to kick so much ass.... Oh Yes.

what's that video about?

I see something non Wolverine related there...

Edit: Oh, I only was seeing the advert, hahahaa.

And I'm sorry to say it, but after seeing The Dark Knight yesterday.... Oh, Hugh, sorry, but.... you have nothing to do comparing to Bale/Nolan's work.

wow,that teaser looked great

I can see this being better than the x-films to be honest

probably better than X3... don't know about the other two.

wow, I didn;t know Emma was in the movie. It was cool to see her go all diamondy.
I'm stoked!

Does anyone know where to find the trailer footage? If so, thank you in advance.

I'm sorry to say it, but after seeing The Dark Knight yesterday.... Oh, Hugh, sorry, but.... you have nothing to do comparing to Bale/Nolan's work.

How do you know?

I'm willing to bet you havent seen Rendition, Tsotsi or The Kite Runner.

And Dark Knight's success is courtesy of one Heath Ledger.

Without Heath its just a good film.

With Heath its a masterpiece.

Do you think Fox can do a better movie than The Dark night??

when I saw the Wolverine trailer I wasn't feeling a great movie... just an interesting one... althought I'm not interested in Wolverine, but I think it will be a decent movie, but nothing compared with DarkN.

I think it will be a decent movie, but nothing compared with DarkN.

Once again, how do you know?

The reason Dark Knight is such a great film [aside from Heath Ledger] is Chris Nolan's ability to make a crime drama in the style of HEAT and disguise it as a Batman/comic book movie.

Technically, its not even a Batman movie.

Gavin Hood is a GREAT director.

Watch Tsotsi, watch Rendition.

Benioff is an excellent writer, and his story (despite the touching up by Guggenheim) is filled with nostalgia and loss - a "mood" that strays away greatly from the comic book formula movies like Punisher Warzone rely on.

That "mood" is what got FOX a little concerned.

Obviously, the great reaction in Comicon inspired them to reconsider and allow Hood to get DARK.

Wolverine is anything but generic and money oriented.

The director, writer, star and producer are all evidence of that.

Oh yeah, and that very EPIC trailer.

I only saw mutants here and there... for me it was like X-men 4 but with Logan and his new friends.

When I see the movie, I'll can say if is great or not.

When I look at the footage, the "Wolverine" trailer feels different from the X-Men series...despite the addition of Gambit, Emma, etc. For me, it wasn't like an X4 (for now).

Regardless of its production staff, from what I've read and seen, Wolverine isn't on par with The Dark Knight.

Triple Post.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"