• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The thunder- thunder- THUNDERCATS HOOOOOO!-thread - Part 2

Wow I'm watching the episode right now. The treacherous swine kissed Mumm-Ra's hand! Talk about full blown betrayal.

It didn't feel like a series finale, but it was a good season finale. Pumyra betraying Lion-O and the Thundercats didn't surprise me as I saw this coming the moment she was introduced. There were clues along the way in episodes she appeared in. She was never a member of the Thundercats and she's technically dead as Mumm-Ra reanimated her with his magic of hatred and vengeance. Now we see why she's extreme in one way and extreme in another. If Pumyra was dead, then Lynx-O and perhaps Bengali would be dead also.

The Thundercats were also betrayed by Voltaire, but they gain the unity of all the animal races behind them. The fourth stone will likely give Lion-O the Armor of Omens as it's held by the Tigersharks. We must have a second season before they really give us true closure.

I'm not a fan of the Pumyra heel turn...heel reveal...whatever the appropriate term may be. What can I say? I'm an old school romantic at heart. (Yeah, I said it...go ahead...pull my man card...I'm not ashamed! :cool: )

Regardless, I thoroughly enjoyed this season overall, even if the ending was a bit lacking for me, personally. I would love to see this series get picked up for a second season, even by another network if necessary. But if this is the end, I really enjoyed this version of the Thundercats...probably more than I did the original as a kid.

It didn't make sense how Mumm-Ra seemingly got weaker after his power up. That seemed like a total plot contrivance to justify having the allies Lion-O had acquired over the series there.

Oh well.

Well, Pumyra's ruined. At this point, I don't want Ben-Gali(my fav) to show up.

I loved this season especially the 'Star Wars' inspired season (hopefully not series) finally. I agree with OntheAir, I didn't care for the heal turn for Pumyra eventhough it is actually not her. Hopefully if they return, Lion-o can get a legitament love interest.

Well, Pumyra's ruined. At this point, I don't want Ben-Gali(my fav) to show up.

I had the same thought that after Pumyra's betrayal, it's better not to bring in Bengali. Also if Pumyra is dead back in Thundera, it's a good bet that Lynx-O is likely to be dead as well.

The person who wrote this episode also wrote Into The Astral Plane and Between Brothers. He's a fan of both Tygra and Pumyra due to their similarities and doesn't seem to like Lion-O much.

Michael Jelenic will be doing Teen Titans Go.

Too bad for Lion-O. He gets rejected again this time in favor of his worst enemy.

Sucks if this is it for the show, but oh well.

Man oh man Pumyra!! Sucks indeed for Lion-O! When one of the Cats wondered how it was that Mumm-Ra's forces always tend to track them down, I thought oh man it might have been her. And before you know it she pulls a Frodo and turns heel!! :(

Dammit it really sucks if this is really the end even though the episode didn't end on a Cliffhanger.

♪♫ So do me that favour and tell me the Good News First!!! ♫♪

Last edited:
I really hope this show gets another season. I certainly won't hold my breath, though.

This show started out real strong, got a little annoying with all the "Lion-O learns a lesson" episodes, but then got really good again during the later half of the season. "The Curse of Ratilla" and "The Forever Bag" were some stand out episodes for me.

Pretty good season finale if the show gets another season. Lion-O uniting all the different species of animals is exactly where I expected this show to go, and they did a good job bringing it all together over the course of the first 26 episodes.

I only wish they hadn't wasted so many episodes on Lion-O learning to be king and gave more attention to the other cats. Cheetara and Panthro never got too much development but I like where they took Tygra later in the season. I also would have liked to maybe see an Origins of Mumm Ra episode, too.

If Cartoon Network is smart, they'll renew this show and promote it better. But they're not, so like with many other good cartoons, I'll just have to learn to live without this show and enjoy what little we got.

Have to say that Pumyras betrayal made no sense to me. If she was really working for Mum-ra the whole time then why didn't she kill Lion-O in the arena? Why was she at the arena to begin with?

Mum-ra didn't want her to just kill him, he wanted her to get close to him, to spy on him, and keep track of him...

And yet Mum-ra was always trying to kill him when ever their paths crossed...

Meh it was always a good ace in the hole to have to keep up the charade in case the Cats got closer to one of the power stones.

Hi, doesn't seem to be any posts after June :) so hopefully fans are still checkin' in....

Anyone know where to find a Black Pyramid model (or how to make my own)? I would like to have one next to my Icon Heroes 10" tall Cat's Lair stone statue from AFX. Thanks.

NR70162lg.jpg

I doubt they're doing it now considering all the new crap they're foisting on this season, it hasn't even been mentioned.

not that we needed a more ominous sign, but star wars: clone wars, season 5 is being moved to saturdays 9:30 :cmad: pretty disappointing, but hopefully it can come back in the second half of the year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"