• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The thunder- thunder- THUNDERCATS HOOOOOO!-thread - Part 2

Told you guys.

I actually got banned from the Thundercats Lair forums because people were angry I was reporting the truth about the fate of the show. And it sucks because I love the show. I wasn't being a hater but I knew things were bad when Andrea Romano was openly complaining last February about the lack of promotion for the show.

The downside to animation on tv that isn't comedy. Continuity is a ***** because you know you will have loose ends to tie up somewhere.

Clearly Cartoon Network is not the place to take a reboot of an 80s animated property.

It used to be.

It's too bad. We waited so long for new Thundercats.

Don't get to see Lynx-O, Bengali, or if Pumyra gets redeemed. Goddamn Cartoon Network.

The only thing good about the recent version of the Thundercats was the art, animation, and scoring, but the writing was bad especially on how Lion-O became king in a negative way. I've said from the start that this may suffer the same fate as the 2002 He-Man series and look what happened. It's the same problem with Cartoon Network for the past 10 years. Now I'm going to have to complete my Thundercats toys based on this recent series.

Kinda new to this forum...is it solely for TV show talk or toy talk? :)

I want to know how many of these were made, and can it be obtained in the USA for less than $50?

Mumm-Ra-as-Lion-O-1.jpg

I have no idea man but that is freakin GORGEOUS

*sigh*

it would be nice if scripts or synopsis' of where they were going with the show happened to ..."leak"

I'm going to go cry.

First Megas XLR, then Sym-Bionic Titan, now Thundercats.

Cartoon Network doesn't care about fans

here's another update:

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=291&itemid=19111

pretty much says that it's still not "officially" canceled and everything is in a wait and see hold. but it doesn't look too good if no one is working on it and the "executives" are still talking about where to go from here. maybe they'll do hour and a half mini movies instead of do a full on show?

here's another update:

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=291&itemid=19111

pretty much says that it's still not "officially" canceled and everything is in a wait and see hold. but it doesn't look too good if no one is working on it and the "executives" are still talking about where to go from here. maybe they'll do hour and a half mini movies instead of do a full on show?

I could live with that. Hell, I could have forgiven the cancellation of the 2002 He-Man series if we could have had a straight to DVD feature tying up the loose ends, but alas, such things are apparently too much to ask.

That means nothing. Cartoon Network is just doing damage control.

Something awesome

[YT]nm4Ck6bD2_0[/YT]

That is some awesome, awesome stuff. His version of He-Man's Power Sword is pretty badass, as well.

EDIT: Just watched the dude make Cloud's Buster Sword (FF7). Ridiculous and awesome.

Last edited:
Hey, thanks for turning me on to a new amazing show. Man At Arms is awesome!

Hulu now has the 2011 reboot so Im watching it since the first time it aired 9 years ago.

This has to be one of the best animated reboots we've ever gotten and how reboots should be done. They change just enough to make it interesting while doing a great job of updating the storylines from the original. Shame that it got cancelled all because of a low selling toyline. We definitely need a revival.

Hulu now has the 2011 reboot so Im watching it since the first time it aired 9 years ago.

This has to be one of the best animated reboots we've ever gotten and how reboots should be done. They change just enough to make it interesting while doing a great job of updating the storylines from the original. Shame that it got cancelled all because of a low selling toyline. We definitely need a revival.
Plus it was expensive as **** to animate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"