What was the last movie you watched? Part 2

Saa4n.jpg

Lighthearted, goofy fun. :D

7/10

Saa4W.jpg

For me the best of the oldschool classic Hammer horror movies, really well done.

8/10

Saa4u.jpg

Washes over you like a tsunami of 80's clichés!

7/10

Silent Night, Bloody Night (1972)

I love 70s horror. The 70s are the decade I was first introduced to horror (courtesy of Hammer). But this film was really hard work. It's another proto-slasher - one that for some reason had passed me by. The plot is absolutely bananas. The motivation for the killer makes sense at first, but then you realise they kinda played a very big part in causing what they're seeking revenge for. The dialogue is sometimes... weird;

Diane: How old are you?
Jeffrey: You mean how many years have I lived?

If Jeffrey was a vampire, or some other supernatural being this exchange might make sense. But he's not. It's just one ordinary person asking another ordinary person their age.

The movie deserves credit for some if its performances (Patrick O'Neal, James Patterson - who sadly died of cancer just a few months before it was released), but others aren't so great (an appallingly wooden Mary Woronov, John Carradine looking like he'd been led there and left by his carer). It does manage a creepy atmosphere, there's a nicely done double-kill about half an hour in, and the score by Gershon Kingsley is good.

5/10

Last edited:
MV5BYjc5YmY4ZDItZWQyNi00OGZjLWJjYjctNzUzOTVkNmFjNWI1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIzMzQ1ODg4._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpeg

Omen IV: The Awakening (1991)

An Omen movie so tame that I could watch it with a child. They'd probably be the Antichrist anyway, all children are, until proven otherwise. I'm a big fan of the soundtrack consisting of the Jerry Goldsmith series main theme and clown music. One star.

Evil Does Not Exist (2023)

MV5BMjkwYWQwNjItNTY0OC00YTcwLWIwZDktMTAwMjEzOTlmYTMxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjQyMTI3MTM@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Fantastic film that, I believe, is just now playing in theaters in the States. Great cinematography and I surprisingly dug the environmental message that the film presented, mostly how much stock people take in their community when outside forces, on seemingly good intentions, want to come in to push something that upsets the delicate balance of nature. I have questions about the ending.

Now that I know the director of this also directed Drive My Car, which I've heard nothing but great things about, I even more want to watch that movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"