What's The Last Movie You Watched? - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 54

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dead End (2003)
It was actually really good!

Hereditary. Nicely creepy and unnerving.

Incredibles 2. Brilliantly animated, lots of small moments.

G1QTQlk.jpg

Love, Simon

I thought it was just okay. It's definitely inspired by John Hughes. The whole movie kinda plays like a mystery only you kind figure out who it is before the 2nd act. There are some emotional depth to the characters, but I feel like they were playing it too light and safe especially with the parents. Overall, it's a charming coming of age movie, but it could have been better.
7/10

zNvCaTG.jpg

Escape Plan 2: Hades

For the most part I enjoyed the first one, but this... my god. I feel like they were planning on making a sequel with Stallone and Batista, but a Chinese film studio came by and hijacked their project. Even though both show up, they're not the main stars of the movie. It's basically Huang Xiaoming's movie and it plays like a bad Hong Kong movie... that turns into a scifi prison movie with some of the worst special effects. Not only it's got bad effects... the sound design, most of the acting, and the plot was all kinds of awful. Although out of everyone in this, Batista was the only one making it work. And I kinda dug the syth score in some parts. Overall, it's direct to video bad.
3.5/10

Last edited:
The Incredibles
Toy Story 2
E.T

giphy.gif

LARA CROFT: TOMB RAIDER
Quality = 2/10
Joy = 7/10

It's a terrible movie I enjoyed watching, I think I would have probably enjoyed it more had I not have a mild headache that increases as I watch this.
The effects are bad, story quality is bad, acting ranges from buffoonery to subpar indulgence, with some solid moments of acting here and there.
I don't know why I've not seen it before, but I'm glad to finally see it 17 years after its initial release.

The reboot is a better made movie, but the story got boring after Lara reunited with her father. I don't know which villain was more entertaining though.

4437C603F19A3FB9BEDE576B7243B9E8545C4E86

Fireworks, is it better to watch them from bottom or the side?
Couldn't finish it

Lovely animation, too bad it pays too much attention to mills and animating objects that are not people, then it took the gall to make it involve time travel, and the guy who was mad at his friend for breaking his promise to a girl was suddenly welling to do the same immediately after remembering he wanted to not be as rude as his friend.

And seriously, like Mother's Basement guy said; "Kids who can't use Google".
Just do a Google search to know how fireworks ignite.

I skipped to the ending, and it's some psychedelic crap with no impact on the story other than all the friends suddenly falling in love with the same girl after light passing through shards of the sphere that made their time travelling protagonist of a friend time travel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"