X-Men ‘97 X-Men 97 Episodes 8, 9, and 10 - Tolerance is Extinction Parts 1-3 SPOILER Thread

Who wants to see Kitty calling Xavier a jerk?

1*SlYCVn39ZiEl2-33CJnoow.gif

images

I always found the lack of Nightcrawler in the original series to be a strange choice. Iceman too.

Marvel wanted the show's team to be primarily based on the newer comic series "X-Men" team. Which was Cyclops, Wolverine, Psylocke, Gambit, Rogue, Beast and Jubilee. They just switched out Psylocke for Jean Grey and added Storm. Who were both on the team in the Uncanny X-Men series at the time. Nightcrawler wasn't in either comic at the time. But Angel and Bishop were in the Uncanny series which is why both appeared in over 10 episodes of the series.

Anyway, DeMayo said he wanted to make a statement that this show is an X-Men show, not a Wolverine show. I hope S02 makes the statement that the X-Men is not just the 90s cartoon roster.
Yes, hopefully it can extend beyond that. With such a good start a bunch of possibilities should be on the table.

Reactions: Lip
On a related note, have there ever been any other students at the mansion or is it just the core X-Men team? I can't remember anyone else being there in the original series.
I''d like them to start showing students in mansion clips. With all the cameoing via Morph we know the creators are up for getting that fan service out there. :cwink:

If there’s a Schism, it’d be cool to have Jubilee go to Utopia with Scott, Emma, Colossus, Beast, and Sunspot. Though I’m sure she’d end up being the voice of reason and help bring the team back together.

Then Storm, Wolverine and the rest of them would re-open the school. Kitty could be the new POV character / young recruit. Or even part of the New Mutants class if we’re going to play a bit with the canon. That’s an easy way to build the friendship early with Illayna.

I'm expecting Young justice type between season time jumps....X men 2000 as a season 2 or 3 title, they can fully shed the 90s stuff and go full modern day stuff with costumes and stories

Speaking of En Sabah Nur... I'm not sure I want to see him just yet.

One of the cool things about S01 is seeing them taking the story to places we haven't seen before in the cartoon (Genosha genocide, Bastion, Madelyne Pryor, etc). Apocalypse showed up a few times in the original, and the friend turned foe arc was done when Warren became Death.

While Age of Apocalypse would be a brand new path to take, I'd like to wait quite sometime before seeing alternative versions of these characters. Let me properly enjoy the original first.

I'm expecting Young justice type between season time jumps....X men 2000 as a season 2 or 3 title, they can fully shed the 90s stuff and go full modern day stuff with costumes and stories

Ooh, I'll start to praying En Sabah Nur to avoid that

One of the cool things about S01 is seeing them taking the story to places we haven't seen before in the cartoon (Genosha genocide, Bastion, Madelyne Pryor, etc). Apocalypse showed up a few times in the original, and the friend turned foe arc was done when Warren became Death.

While Age of Apocalypse would be a brand new path to take, I'd like to wait quite sometime before seeing alternative versions of these characters. Let me properly enjoy the original first.

That's fair; and with Xavier presumed dead for most of S1 anyway, it may be tough to adapt AoA in a way that's fresh. Plus we already had "One Man's Worth" in the original series... although, I supposed AoA could simply be an extension from that.

Regarding dystopian (or utopian futures, as Cable referred to it), I have some questions about the Episode 8 reveal.

- So did Cable's original timeline from the OG series get wiped out as a result of "Beyond Good and Evil"?

- If I'm understanding Cable's narration correctly, the evolutionary war lasted 300 years before Prime Sentinels won & started putting mutants to work... How are Polaris & Rachel Summers alive/around 300+ years into the future? (Yes, they were fun cameos, but make me question the timeline)

- Any guesses on where Bishop is?

It's time folks. It's Beak's time!

76894-138657-beak.jpg
I enjoyed him as I enjoy all quirky characters, but I can't see special effects being able to pull him off live action.

That's fair; and with Xavier presumed dead for most of S1 anyway, it may be tough to adapt AoA in a way that's fresh. Plus we already had "One Man's Worth" in the original series... although, I supposed AoA could simply be an extension from that.

Regarding dystopian (or utopian futures, as Cable referred to it), I have some questions about the Episode 8 reveal.

- So did Cable's original timeline from the OG series get wiped out as a result of "Beyond Good and Evil"?

- If I'm understanding Cable's narration correctly, the evolutionary war lasted 300 years before Prime Sentinels won & started putting mutants to work... How are Polaris & Rachel Summers alive/around 300+ years into the future? (Yes, they were fun cameos, but make me question the timeline)

- Any guesses on where Bishop is?
Good questions, but when it comes to time travels I just pretend everything makes sense.

Lol yeah I’m not sweating it too much, just had the thought on a rewatch.

Definitely want to see the young mutants from Morrison’s run; Riot at Xavier’s would be cool to see.
Yep, need all the early X-material to be successful so they can play the long game and get to the larger school stage. We’d get real variety at that point.

Agreed. I love how they are tackling new aspects of X-mythology so well and it’s fine to have some big characters in reserve to fully make their appearances in later seasons. As you say AoA will work better once we have had a great run with the originals.

• Love
Great mix of uniforms.

I haven't seen the clip, just the thumbnail.

It's interesting that aesthetically speaking they're going to the past, not the future.

I like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"