• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

X-Men ‘97 X-Men 97 Episodes 8, 9, and 10 - Tolerance is Extinction Parts 1-3 SPOILER Thread

So are we getting 3 different Apocalypse?
Origin with the Magneto/Xavier group
His future with the Summers groups
and present day?

Is what they do in the past going to impact him in the future?

There were a lot of different mutant factions living on Genosha when it attacked. I didn’t read that scene as her having joined Alpha Flight.

Hopefully doing something with her brother & the Avengers
Just odd that they placed her with them is all. :)

Its a refeView attachment 90682rence, not a cameo. But yes Magik is in that wall.
I am glad Iceman is on the board. Colossus was going to be around because they have shown Omega a few times.
The Maximoff's were on the boat in Magneto's mind. I am hopeful Angel appears I think he is in the old picture they show of Charles.

I am glad Iceman is on the board. Colossus was going to be around because they have shown Omega a few times.
The Maximoff's were on the boat in Magneto's mind. I am hopeful Angel appears I think he is in the old picture they show of Charles.
You'd think both Iceman and Angel should show up because they are original 5. Odd not having them around.

Considering how they've been adapting the comics yet still changing some things up, Avengers vs X-Men is still not out of the realm of possibility. They could bring in some elements from Bloodties to tie into that and spin it into its own thing.

As for the storylines they'll draw up inspiration from, the season 1 finale already made some quite clear: this show's version of Age Of Apocalypse and Gambit returning as the Horseman of Death.
I’d like to see Bloodties. This show handles cameos and extra characters well so none of them would overstay their welcome. I was expecting AoA later down the line but it’s something I definitely wanted to see at some point anyway. Loved seeing that younger En Sabah Nur.

Seems like Apocalypse is still messing with time. We might even get the return of Immortus, but I could also see a bit of Evolutionary War coming into the mix.

It’d be cool for Forge to bring back former X-Factor (Iceman, Havok, Polaris) along with Psylocke, Colosuss, Shadowcat, and Emma Frost while Bishop & Forge travel through time to save the displaced X-Men.

Maybe Morph & Wolverine are with the Exiles?

Curious as to theories where Roberto, Jubilee, and Storm are though

As long as they are doing AoA, this would be nice:

sabretooth-wildchild-horz.jpg

Sabes and Wild Child. :D

As long as they are doing AoA, this would be nice:

View attachment 90688

Sabes and Wild Child. :D

F1F2kaQXoAArpr8.jpg

I do wonder if we’ll get a return to One Man’s Worth alternate present in S2—maybe we’ll start to get the seeds of it (or some variation) with the X-Men gone.

Having the X-Men face against Apocalypse across 3 different eras is a cool concept for the second season; especially with all the characters they seem to be teasing.

That end credit tease was too much like Blood of Apocalypse. I get pulling that from that for a certain Horseman, but that wasn't my favorite portrayal of Apocalypse.

It’s interesting that the Black Panther featured was King T’Chaka and not T’Challa since it was established in the 90’s Fantastic Four series that T’Challa meet the first family?! He was voice by Keith David .

X-Men TAS and Fantastic Four TAS are not in the same universe:

F1F2kaQXoAArpr8.jpg

I do wonder if we’ll get a return to One Man’s Worth alternate present in S2—maybe we’ll start to get the seeds of it (or some variation) with the X-Men gone.

Having the X-Men face against Apocalypse across 3 different eras is a cool concept for the second season; especially with all the characters they seem to be teasing.
That sounds like it’d be super-fun to see, and allow for a lot of characters to be involved. Any excuse for that is good with me. :cwink:

Makes sense for all of these characters to appear in S2 to hold down the fort while Forge & Bishop work to rescue the X-Men across time. Except Exodus lol… unless he becomes a horseman of Apocalypse?

But I do like the idea of Gambit, Wolverine, Polaris, and Sunfire (in his AoA getup specifically). You could maybe convince me to have Roberto swapped with Psylocke—giving Angel yet another emotional tie to taking down Apocalypse. But it’s strange to see him listed as dead…
I'm pretty sure Angel made a cameo in Genosha,so he was there during the attack. But I don't think he's dead.

Ok, so before i go on amazon and order it, is Age of Apocalypse really worth reading? I never read it, it always seemed like another one of those overly convoluted 90s crazy ass crossover event stories.

Ok, so before i go on amazon and order it, is Age of Apocalypse really worth reading? I never read it, it always seemed like another one of those overly convoluted 90s crazy ass crossover event stories.
Some portions were better than others. :(

Some portions were better than others. :(

I’d say yes. I haven’t read in a while but I own the omnibus and definitely enjoyed it when I read it in its entirety. If I’m remembering correctly, it holds up surprisingly well.

Do you think they will add Forge in the main roster/intro if he and Bishop went to the other mutants to find the time displaced X-Men? For the first season, we saw 13 mutants with their names being displayed. And all of them are coming back for the second season.

I wish Magneto and Morph got the ax, because how are they going to make room for the other X-Men. The main roster is already too big, Apocalypse would get a lot of focus and I cannot see them including Iceman, Colossus, Psylocke, Angel and Emma with any of them/and the other returning mutants doing a lot, in the 10 episode second season.

So I think I'd be just content if one from Forge, Iceman, Colossus, Psylocke, Angel, Shadowcat and Emma are added into the main roster/intro.

Also, I don't know how they came up with Sunspot's inclusion in this show. He's a "New Mutants" staple and I don't recall him and Jubilee interacting in the comics. So I was really indifferent with him throughout the show. He could easily join the main roster like Morph in the first season, and I wouldn't be thrilled compare to Nightcrawler finally joining the main roster.

it definitely is worth the money. It took me a while to complete it. I am going to order the Origin of Apocalypse omnibus as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"