• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Justice League Zack Snyder’s Original Justice League Sequels Plans Discussion Thread

Honestly I'm fine with Lois moving on and finding a new lover. It's... not realistic to expect someone to be "faithful" after the death of a partner, imo. Unfortunately we're not talking about real life, we're talking about super-powered people wearing tight costumes and fighting aliens. Nobody expects their dead boyfriend to come back from the dead. Superman's resurrection makes this whole thing so ****ing uncomfortable. It's a ****ty idea if we're talking about a healthy, long-term DC/Superman/Batman saga.

The problematic part of the Lois and Bruce thing , among several other things, was that she was basically gonna have a kid with the guy who tried to murder her dead fiancé' .

Then , she was gonna try to pass it off as Clark's . It's an episode of Maury Povich .

There may have been some fans who would have been willing to except it, but it would have turned off vast majority of fandom, the mainstream audience, and the critics, and once again put WB in a tailspin of damage control.

The remedy would be reboots for both ,which ironically, we're getting anyway.

However, they would have been be reboots born out of fear, and with WB having an iron grip on the next directors of the Batman and Superman reboot films.

Exactly, you’re already getting great reviews and making bank while the person they’re accused of ripping off were getting neither. It literally make no sense. As I’ve said before if you’re getting A grades you don’t copy from someone who isn’t.

Also on Civil War the only thing they changed was they made it a versus movie as opposed to a solo Cap movie. So they basically only copied the concept because they thought they had to react to a film about Batman & Superman.

Yes, like you said yourself, they still took from the BvS concept...so all this "Why would they take ideas from DC" absolutely moot, they already did. I'm not saying they were like "lets copy it", I'm saying it might have been like "Hmm, those ideas seem interesting we can put our own spin on it and make it better". Lets not forget these things were made in 2015 way before BvS, when nobody knew if DCEU would be a success or not.

I'm not saying DC doesnt do the same thing either, they certainly do. GL was a direct reaction to Iron Man. A lot of these ideas do seem similar to DOFP. Both DCEU and MCU stumbling upon the multiverse idea(I honestly dont know who did it first), but it does seem like both wanted to be the one to do it first. Script leaks happen, Hollywood IS a cut-throat place. I would have chalked it down to comicbook tropes as well, but these ideas between JL arc and the infinity arc have a LOT in common. I would have still said "coincidence" if there wasnt common link between the two productions and a history of major leaks happening from DCEU story wise (to this day), and a history of GJ going behind Snyder's back.

Listen, I know I'll not change anyone's mind, if someone believes its all a coincidence fine, it might be and I guess we'll never know. Nobody can say conclusively EITHER way, because nobody knows. Its all theories, guesses and its not this crazy Charlie Day-ish conspiracy lol. All I'm saying is there's a lot here that is eyebrow raising, and there are some dots that can be connected. I'm not saying it happened, but I'm not ruling it out either, and its very easy to see why one would arrive at this conclusion. I've already said too much, so that's all I'll say before I derail this thread :D

i heard it was Russo bros who always wanted to do CW and Feige turned it down at first but then the announcement of BvS changed Feige's mind.

I think its interesting how untrue that JL part 1 and part 2 theory was, that its like two parts of the same story. From what it sounds like JL 2 was a straightforward sequel to JL 1, like JL1 was a sequel to BvS, and BvS to MOS.

However JL2 and JL 2a were a two parter story i.e like Deathly Hallows. Interesting. So in a way, its like the trilogy(MOS-BvS-JL) and the ending to the story with the two parter Darkseid War(JL2 and 2A). Since that is the case, I'm quite content with just the trilogy.

Also interesting is how much they took from Geoff John's new 52 JL run. Origins, LOD, Darkseid War, all kinda compressed into JL1, 2 and 3.

If this early plan was leaked to Marvel pre BvS then as soon as they heard about Bruce/Lois, and Darkseid being a plot device for evil Superman they’d be laughing too much to copy anything :oldrazz:

True. But what's concerning is the fact that he had even thought about going down that route from the start.

If Warner Bros hadn't intervened, then we would have definitely gotten a Lois/Bruce romance. Plus, Snyder had still planned on going full swing with the "Knightmare" timeline where Superman became Darkseid's puppet. To have Superman become the villain after being resurrected feels like it's counterproductive to his overall arc.

I don’t see how it’s counterproductive it’s an arc of films that tell a self contained story.

Yes, like you said yourself, they still took from the BvS concept...so all this "Why would they take ideas from DC" absolutely moot, they already did. I'm not saying they were like "lets copy it", I'm saying it might have been like "Hmm, those ideas seem interesting we can put our own spin on it and make it better". Lets not forget these things were made in 2015 way before BvS, when nobody knew if DCEU would be a success or not.

I'm not saying DC doesnt do the same thing either, they certainly do. GL was a direct reaction to Iron Man. A lot of these ideas do seem similar to DOFP. Both DCEU and MCU stumbling upon the multiverse idea(I honestly dont know who did it first), but it does seem like both wanted to be the one to do it first. Script leaks happen, Hollywood IS a cut-throat place. I would have chalked it down to comicbook tropes as well, but these ideas between JL arc and the infinity arc have a LOT in common. I would have still said "coincidence" if there wasnt common link between the two productions and a history of major leaks happening from DCEU story wise (to this day), and a history of GJ going behind Snyder's back.

Listen, I know I'll not change anyone's mind, if someone believes its all a coincidence fine, it might be and I guess we'll never know. Nobody can say conclusively EITHER way, because nobody knows. Its all theories, guesses and its not this crazy Charlie Day-ish conspiracy lol. All I'm saying is there's a lot here that is eyebrow raising, and there are some dots that can be connected. I'm not saying it happened, but I'm not ruling it out either, and its very easy to see why one would arrive at this conclusion. I've already said too much, so that's all I'll say before I derail this thread :D

Doing Versus movie because another studio is is a hell of a lot different than reading their scripts and stealing concepts. I highly doubt even in 2015 when they were having smash hits even then they were stealing DC Films story ideas.

I think it’s just fans been silly.

reading their scripts and stealing concepts.

Good thing I'm not claiming that then. Anyway...

What do you guys reckon the title would have been for JL2 and JL2A? Since its supposed to be a two parter, possible the same title but like vol 2 for the sequel? Something like Darkseid War pt.1 and Darkseid War pt.2? But calling the first one Darkseid War doesnt make sense, and Darskeid's involvement is supposed to be a secret. Final Crisis maybe?

The problematic part of the Lois and Bruce thing , among several other things, was that she was basically gonna have a kid with the guy who tried to murder her dead fiancé' .

Then , she was gonna try to pass it off as Clark's . It's an episode of Maury Povich .

There may have been some fans who would have been willing to except it, but it would have turned off vast majority of fandom, the mainstream audience, and the critics, and once again put WB in a tailspin of damage control.

The remedy would be reboots for both ,which ironically, we're getting anyway.

However, they would have been be reboots born out of fear, and with WB having an iron grip on the next directors of the Batman and Superman reboot films.

Oh yeah, forgot about that detail. She was going to fool Clark into raising the son of the guy who tried to kill him. Wtf Snyder

Lois really gets one of the rawest deals in this.

Everything related to Superman himself is awful, but in hindsight it's not a surprise. This version of Clark is a lost cause anyway, so all of this is a lot of salt in the wound. Lois was considerably more likeable as a character in the finished films, largely due to Amy Adams playing her. Would Adams be as excited to play such an iconic role if this was one of the possible end results? I'm doubtful. Her being essentially a prize between two men as part of their conflict is a terrible way to treat one of the biggest female characters in comics.

Still laughing about a disheveled Riddler retreating to the Canadian wilderness, solving the anti life equation and proceeding to blow his brains out.

“Time to solve the last riddle” bwahahahahahahaha

If this made it onto screen with some overly dramatic Zimmer music in the background, I think it would get the biggest laugh out of me.

Bonus points if the camera slowly zooms away from his body as it's in a crucifix pose

Lois really gets one of the rawest deals in this.

Everything related to Superman himself is awful, but in hindsight it's not a surprise. This version of Clark is a lost cause anyway, so all of this is a lot of salt in the wound. Lois was considerably more likeable as a character in the finished films, largely due to Amy Adams playing her. Would Adams be as excited to play such an iconic role if this was one of the possible end results? I'm doubtful. Her being essentially a prize between two men as part of their conflict is a terrible way to treat one of the biggest female characters in comics.

If this made it onto screen with some overly dramatic Zimmer music in the background, I think it would get the biggest laugh out of me.

Bonus points if the camera slowly zooms away from his body as it's in a crucifix pose

Not all that different from how DC/writers have treated her in the past lol. Especially back in 50s-60s (bit better now I suppose).

I would argue that there are few comics where Lois is explored as a character (Rather than just as an extension of Clark - as his gf or his wife). Rucka's Lois run, perhaps?

Of course, none of this excuses her treatment within the outline...but just want to be clear that DC hasn't treated her all that well to begin with.

Not all that different from how DC/writers have treated her in the past lol. Especially back in 50s-60s (bit better now I suppose).

I would argue that there are few comics where Lois is explored as a character (Rather than just as an extension of Clark - as his gf or his wife). Rucka's Lois run, perhaps?

Of course, none of this excuses her treatment within the outline...but just want to be clear that DC hasn't treated her all that well.

Yes but the bad treatment of Lois in the past is a lousy excuse to treat her this way now. Especially in a big budget movie.

There's even less excuse for it now. The 50s-60s writing was cringe worthy and sexist and shouldn't be viewed as a good thing, but it was a different time. It was also executed in such insane ways that it becomes amusing and might make for a fun, bizarre "black comedy" movie where the characters are all deliberately unlikeable. This wouldn't even be enjoyable in that capacity, it just would have been miserable

Yes but the bad treatment of Lois in the past is a lousy excuse to treat her this way now. Especially in a big budget movie.

There's even less excuse for it now. The 50s-60s writing was cringe worthy and sexist and shouldn't be viewed as a good thing, but it was a different time. It was also executed in such insane ways that it becomes amusing and might make for a fun, bizarre "black comedy" movie where the characters are all deliberately unlikeable. This wouldn't even be enjoyable in that capacity, it just would have been miserable

Oh, yea...def, I agree with you there, doesn't excuse her treatment in the potential plan.

Just want to be clear that it is DC's standard practice w/ respect to many of their characters, unfortunately (though I think they are getting a lot better with it these days).

Sounds like zack still wants or likes lois/bruce considering he liked a comment in vero saying the person liked the idea of lois/bruce

i heard it was Russo bros who always wanted to do CW and Feige turned it down at first but then the announcement of BvS changed Feige's mind.
They were also extremely close to losing RDJ because of Perlmutter. Anything else they say about Civil War’s history is potentially spin to avoid talking about what a nightmare things were behind the scenes before him was locked out of the movies.

I don’t see how it’s counterproductive it’s an arc of films that tell a self contained story.

Seeing as how Snyder had envisioned his saga (MOS-BvS-JL-JL2-JL3) as one large story, it just seems strange to have Superman triumphantly return only to prove that Bruce's fears of him were legit after he becomes Darkseid's puppet.

Based from everything that I've read of Snyder's original vision for Superman's arc, it gives the impression that humanity would have been better off if Superman had never made it to Earth (imho).

Seeing as how Snyder had envisioned his saga (MOS-BvS-JL-JL2-JL3) as one large story, it just seems strange to have Superman triumphantly return only to prove that Bruce's fears of him were legit after he becomes Darkseid's puppet.

Based from everything that I've read of Snyder's original vision for Superman's arc, it gives the impression that humanity would have been better off if Superman had never made it to Earth (imho).

Without him Steppenwolf would have enslaved the Earth.

Without him Steppenwolf would have enslaved the Earth.

If I'm not mistaken, I thought that SW only came to Earth because of the mother boxes being awaken from Superman's final cry.

Plus, it appears that Darkseid was able to enslave Earth and kill off most of its heroes after he had gained Superman as his puppet.

If I'm not mistaken, I thought that SW only came to Earth because of the mother boxes being awaken from Superman's final cry.

Plus, it appears that Darkseid was able to enslave Earth and kill off most of its heroes after he had gained Superman as his puppet.

I think it’s a given they were always gonna try again. The motherboxes been awakened only accelerated things.

Yeah but that’s because of the mistakes the JL made which is why the Flash has to go back and change things.

It’s cool if you’re not on board with it but it is an arc in an epic story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"