‘Battlestar Galactica’ Reboot From Sam Esmail Headed For NBCU’s Peacock Streaming Service

Kaleb

2010 & 2018 SHHFFL Champion
Reaction score
‘Battlestar Galactica’ Reboot From Sam Esmail Headed For NBCU’s Peacock Streaming Service

The new NBCUniversal streaming service that the company said Tuesday would be called Peacock will launch in April 2020 with original content that includes series reboots from the NBCU library among its fare. That list includes a reboot of a sci-fi classic: a new Battlestar Galactica, billed as an original series from Mr. Robot and Homecoming executive producer Sam Esmail.

Not much is known about the reboot, but we hear Esmail is a huge fan of BG and told NBCU it was high on a list of titles he wanted to tackle under the mega new four-year overall deal he closed at NBCU’s Universal Content Productions earlier this year

Ronald Moore’s version of BG was so good, it’s difficult to imagine how a (2nd) reboot could improve upon it. OTOH, Sam Esmail. :bow:

I thought I heard a few years ago that somebody was going to do a BG reboot that was a lot closer to the 1978 series. Not sure if that was this one or not.

I thought I heard a few years ago that somebody was going to do a BG reboot that was a lot closer to the 1978 series. Not sure if that was this one or not.
That was a movie reboot.

Probably some slightly better planning...

Oh hella yes!
'They have a plan...' that didn't extend past the next episode.

And I'm hoping for a little more TOS with a little less of the ship full of fools racing to the bottom of humanities barrel. After the third or so season, there wasn't any fun in watching it anymore.

Really hope they put some heart and hopefulness into it, but that this new one will be inspired by Moore's doesn't make me too excited. Still, I'll be interested to see what they do, especially if it walks the line between TOS and NuBSG.

Last edited:
So it's not going to be a reboot after all, which brings my interest from 0 to 8 in just a few seconds.

This show is a reboot. Read the first post.
No it's not. It just hasn't been updated here yet.

Screenshot-8.jpg

Good that it is not a reboot, I hope it happens on a battleship and not on land (like Caprica)

Last edited:
I'm both sceptical and curious at the same time.

‘Battlestar Galactica’: Michael Lesslie To Oversee Peacock Reboot – Deadline

EXCLUSIVE: Peacock’s reboot of Battlestar Galactica has found its world builder. Michael Lesslie, who was the lead writer and showrunner of AMC’s spy drama The Little Drummer Girl and penned scripts for Macbeth and Assassin’s Creed, will create, write and executive produce the series.

The new Battlestar Galactica comes from Mr Robot and Homecoming exec producer Sam Esmail, who struck a big overall deal with NBCU’s Universal Content Productions last year. It is produced by Esmail Corp and UCP, with Esmail and Chad Hamilton also exec producing.

I am a bit interested but the likelihood of me getting Peacock for this is... quite low.

Hoping Sam Esmail brings Tod Campbell along to be the cinematographer

So not a reboot. I’m thinking... First Cylon War?

I know they tried that not long after BSG ended, but the pilot didn’t go. Maybe Esmail is the one to crack it.

I want a Lords of Kobol series set sometime before the exodus. And a series set before the 13th colony was nuked. But First Cylon War seems more likely as show to get people reinvested in the BSG universe.

I want a Lords of Kobol series set sometime before the exodus. And a series set before the 13th colony was nuked. But First Cylon War seems more likely as show to get people reinvested in the BSG universe.

I mean, can anything really get people reinvested, when they know the ultimate ending will be "the human survivors spare the Cylons the need to destroy them, by destroying themselves instead"? *cough*

There can be no topping of Moore's.

One of the greatest shows ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"