Battlestar Galactica The Movie!

Sam Fisher

Heavy Meddle
Reaction score
But uh...it's not based on the new series.

IGN Movies is reporting that Universal Pictures is planning to turn the TV series "Battlestar Galactica" into a feature film with series creator Glen A. Larson being lined up to script and produce it.

The film will be based on the original series from 1978-79 rather than the recent reboot from the SCI FI Channel. In the series, humanity lived on twelve
colony worlds in a far distant star system. They fought a thousand-year war with the Cylons, warrior robots created by a reptilian race which expired long ago--presumably destroyed by their own creations. Having never been commanded to cease fire, these warrior robots continuously waged war against the colonials. Mankind was defeated in a sneak attack on their homeworlds conceived by these robotic servants, now referred to as Cylons, and carried out with the help of Count Baltar (John Colicos). Protected by the last surviving warship, a "battlestar" called Galactica, the survivors fled in any ship that could fly. The Commander of the Galactica, Adama (Lorne Greene), led this "rag-tag fugitive fleet" of 220 ships in search of a new home on a legendary planet called Earth. The series co-starred Richard Hatch and Dirk Benedict.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=53111

Could be interesting. Frankly, it sounds better than Caprica.

Man after seeing how great bsg on sci fi i dont see any reason for a movie based on the 70's series watch it will probably be a comedy too.

Someone dig Dirk Benedict out of mothballs!

funny how the original Battlestar started off as a Star Wars ripoff and now it's coming to the big screen.

meh old serise is rubbish, I tried watching it but didn't like it, new serise is well better :p

Wonder if Bryan Singer could be involved...

Rediculous! You can't have two different versions of the franchise going on at once.

Sweet!! Can't wait...I don't like the new series...hope this is better.

BattlestarGalacticaCylon_article_story_main.jpg

Bryan Singer Headed Back to Battlestar Galactica?

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/2008-12...ger-boards-battlestar-galactica-for-universal

Thanks to Iesb.

:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm: What was the point of the Syfy series then?!! :cmad::cmad:

:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm: What was the point of the Syfy series then?!! :cmad::cmad:

Get that **** out of here! BSG was a Sci-Fi series. They lived and died on Sci-Fi before they changed the network to that God awful title.

And I dont really have a problem with this. Two different continuities. It's not as if this film will wipe BSG from everyones memory as if it never existed.

Man after seeing how great bsg on sci fi i dont see any reason for a movie based on the 70's series

Same here. I used to be one of those ninnies who'd whine and complain about how they changed stuff without having actually seen it, and back then I would be jumping up and down with glee at the prospect of this movie. But AFTER having seen the show, and realizing how much ass it kicks, I don't understand why there's any need for this movie. The show is great, and honestly I wouldn't be none too interested in a more 70's style reboot.

Come on guys, it's not like he's going to make a direct continuation off of a 30 year old franchise......oh wait.

This is a bad idea. They should wait a couple of more years before they do this remake.

Anything Bryan Singeer directs interests me, so i will be on board if this happens.

Come on guys, it's not like he's going to make a direct continuation off of a 30 year old franchise......oh wait.

My first thoughts exactly.

Granted I loved Superman Returns and like that he's getting to play with his toys again. But this feels like an impulse reaction to the insane success of Star Trek, and Universal remembering that Bryan is a huge BSG nerd and available.

My first thoughts exactly.

Granted I loved Superman Returns and like that he's getting to play with his toys again. But this feels like an impulse reaction to the insane success of Star Trek, and Universal remembering that Bryan is a huge BSG nerd and available.

I just can't imagine what they can explore with this concept that wasn't thoroughly explored(and very well done) by Moore's TV series, unless they DO make it a direct continuation of the original TV show, which is a really horrible idea. I just hate to see Singer wasting his talent on stuff like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"