‘God of War’ TV Series - Amazon Prime

Detective Conan

Avenger
Reaction score
‘God of War’ TV Series Adaptation Eyed By Prime Video – Deadline

PlayStation’s flagship action-adventure franchise God of War is heading to television. Prime Video is in negotiations for a live-action TV series based on the hugely popular ancient mythology-themed game, sources said.

I hear the series adaptation comes from The Expansecreators/executive producers Mark Fergus and Hawk Ostby and The Wheel of Time executive producer/showrunner Rafe Judkins as well as Sony Pictures Television and PlayStation Productions, which collaborate on all TV series based on PlayStation games. Reps for Sony and Amazon Studios, which likely will co-produce, had no comment.

It was only a matter of time after Uncharted and The Last of Us got adaptations. I wonder if they're going to go with the PS2/PS3 Greek era or the PS4/PS5 Norse era. I would think the latter just because it's more relevant to the current games but they aren't as limited when it comes to storytelling here compared to UC or TLOU.

This is the big one! Really hope they aim for the sky with this. They better pay more attention to casting their TV adaptations than they did for Uncharted too.

Looking forward to this as a big fan of the franchise. I hope they can do the games justice.

Considering the design of the world Kratos exists in, the locations he goes, and that every one of his enemies is a mythological creature or a god, both requiring heavy cgi, I doubt they can do this justice on a TV budget.

Yasssss

I also worry that this can’t be done on a TV budget BUT… I’m hopeful. Amazon had boatloads of cash so if they want to spend the money, it could look great. Guess we’ll see…

Between this, LotR and WoT, Amazon will be making a name for themselves on fantasy stuff if they all deliver.

How is Wheel of Time? I keep meaning to check it out. For what it’s worth, I also really liked Carnival Row but I have no idea if it’s ever coming back.

On a cynical skeptic level, I don't see how they do the show without watering down Kratos' story and actions. Kratos was really just an unhinged madman in those earlier games.

More than anything, I don't want them to rush through Kratos story. His current personality took years and time for him to grow to that point. Not to mention, basically causing multiple apocalyptic events.

The gods were not kind compassionate people, but Kratos wasn't either. Kratos was willing to sacrifice many innocent people all for his petty vengeance. Vengeance for things let's face it that he played a part in himself.

How is Wheel of Time? I keep meaning to check it out. For what it’s worth, I also really liked Carnival Row but I have no idea if it’s ever coming back.
I enjoyed it. They were quite severely hampered by Covid (for eg no close ups possible in battle) so hopefully production standards are that much better in season 2 but it was a solid start and got a lot better after the first couple of episodes. Good enough platform to go to town in future seasons. My friend has been recommending Carnival Row for a long time. Will have to catch that one of these days.

On a cynical skeptic level, I don't see how they do the show without watering down Kratos' story and actions. Kratos was really just an unhinged madman in those earlier games.

More than anything, I don't want them to rush through Kratos story. His current personality took years and time for him to grow to that point. Not to mention, basically causing multiple apocalyptic events.

The gods were not kind compassionate people, but Kratos wasn't either. Kratos was willing to sacrifice many innocent people all for his petty vengeance. Vengeance for things let's face it that he played a part in himself.
At least TV seasons give the time to go through that kind of transition. I also want to see this side of it done properly.

I enjoyed it. They were quite severely hampered by Covid (for eg no close ups possible in battle) so hopefully production standards are that much better in season 2 but it was a solid start and got a lot better after the first couple of episodes. Good enough platform to go to town in future seasons. My friend has been recommending Carnival Row for a long time. Will have to catch that one of these days.

Yeah, I feel like it’s tough to judge a lot of stuff that was filmed during Covid due to social distancing restrictions. I’ll have to check it out.

And I would recommend Carnival Row. Some people didn’t like it but I really enjoyed the world they created and Orlando and Cara have a lot of chemistry.

At least TV seasons give the time to go through that kind of transition. I also want to see this side of it done properly.

The fact that Wheel of Time people are working on it doesn't give me confidence. In the very first episode, they give one of the main characters a wife who didn't exist in the books. She has like one line and then they kill her off and fridge her and proceed to barely even acknowledge her in later episodes. Terrible writing. Like no one in the group cares that their friend got brutally murdered, like one of their best friends died, and their best friend's wife just died.

Ouch! That’s… not good.

I hate when TV shows conveniently ignore major plot points because they just don’t want to deal with them. For example, I love Mrs. Maisel. But it’s painfully obvious they realized after they filmed the pilot that they didn’t want her to have children. So the kids are basically nonexistent in the show to the point where it becomes a running joke.

Yeah I'm worried they'll just start with "old" Kratos, instead of showing his story from the beginning... maybe only giving us flashbacks of him when he was younger. (Kind of like Book of Boba Fett :dry:) Also because bearded PS4 Kratos seems to be the guy most people know. The games before that were already very popular, but that's when it really got big.

I wonder if this is what The Rock was talking about when he mentioned doing a video game adaptation... But I don't know if he would be willing to do a tv show.

Yeah, I feel like it’s tough to judge a lot of stuff that was filmed during Covid due to social distancing restrictions. I’ll have to check it out.

And I would recommend Carnival Row. Some people didn’t like it but I really enjoyed the world they created and Orlando and Cara have a lot of chemistry.
Thanks, definitely will as my friend has wanted to talk about it for ages.

I haven't played the games, but as a fan of greek mythology, I hope this one is good.

Yeah I'm worried they'll just start with "old" Kratos, instead of showing his story from the beginning... maybe only giving us flashbacks of him when he was younger. (Kind of like Book of Boba Fett :dry:) Also because bearded PS4 Kratos seems to be the guy most people know. The games before that were already very popular, but that's when it really got big.

I wonder if this is what The Rock was talking about when he mentioned doing a video game adaptation... But I don't know if he would be willing to do a tv show.
This isn't it. He said that was a movie. I couldn't picture him as Kratos anyway, but you know who I could see? Fellow former pro wrestler...

MpBMwWhceWBAfofEfpk349-1200-80.jpg

I was high on the idea of Bautista as Kratos until I saw Army of the Dead. It may have just been the (horrible) writing but I’m not sure he’s good in lead roles. Maybe though.

I’d have preferred it be animated like Netflix’s Blood of Olympus.

I was high on the idea of Bautista as Kratos until I saw Army of the Dead. It may have just been the (horrible) writing but I’m not sure he’s good in lead roles. Maybe though.
I think he's good with the right material. He was good in the second season of See, even though he was an antagonist and it's really more of an ensemble show so I wouldn't necessarily call it a lead role. But if the likes of Denis Villeneuve can see something in him, then I think he'd be worth a shot for Kratos.

Kratos is basically what Marvel turned Drax into in the 00s. I don't think it's a good idea if Batista wants to avoid being typecast.

I think he's good with the right material. He was good in the second season of See, even though he was an antagonist and it's really more of an ensemble show so I wouldn't necessarily call it a lead role. But if the likes of Denis Villeneuve can see something in him, then I think he'd be worth a shot for Kratos.

Denis saw something in him… the ability to play a moron with three lines of dialogue lol. But that is pretty much Rabban though. He did deliver a great (albeit short) performance in Villeneuve’s Blade Runner 2049 so yeah, if the material is good then he might be good. Haven’t seen See yet but it’s definitely on my To See List.

Denis saw something in him… the ability to play a moron with three lines of dialogue lol. But that is pretty much Rabban though. He did deliver a great (albeit short) performance in Villeneuve’s Blade Runner 2049 so yeah, if the material is good then he might be good. Haven’t seen See yet but it’s definitely on my To See List.
LOL, I was talking about BR2049. I think Bautista only accepted the part in Dune to work with Denis again even though Rabban is just a brute.

LOL, I was talking about BR2049. I think Bautista only accepted the part in Dune to work with Denis again even though Rabban is just a brute.

Haha okay yeah that makes more sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"