Fallout | Amazon Prime

I can enjoy this kind of thing even if it shows something that isn't consistent with my personal playthrough.

I mean, I destroyed the Prydwen in my Fallout 4 playthrough but it’s still around in the TV show so I guess my ending wasn’t the canon ending.

Yet somehow I got the **** over it.
Not that it matters, but is that supposed to be the same ship?

Not that it matters, but is that supposed to be the same ship?

If you look really closely in the first episode, you can see that it says “Prydwen” on the side of it. Though I suppose it could be a new ship that they gave the same name. Or I guess it could have been rebuilt after being destroyed.

What’s weird though is that in a Vanity Fair article about the show (months before it came out) it said the ship was called the Caswennan, which is an alternate name for King Arthur’s ship (the Prydwen). So I’m not sure if they changed their minds about it during production, if the writer made a mistake, or if they just gave the writer an alternate name so that viewers would be surprised when the show came out.

If you look really closely in the first episode, you can see that it says “Prydwen” on the side of it. Though I suppose it could be a new ship that they gave the same name. Or I guess it could have been rebuilt after being destroyed.

What’s weird though is that in a Vanity Fair article about the show (months before it came out) it said the ship was called the Caswennan, which is an alternate name for King Arthur’s ship (the Prydwen). So I’m not sure if they changed their minds about it during production, if the writer made a mistake, or if they just gave the writer an alternate name so that viewers would be surprised when the show came out.
Interesting, I assumed it was a different ship but cool either way.

Small thing, but the Fallout 4 theme popping up was *chefs kiss*
It wasn't just the Fallout 4 theme, it was the theme used throughout all of the Bethesda game. It goes back to Fallout 3.

My current Fallout hot take: Fallout 76 in its current state is better than Fallout 4. Decided to give it go since I got it for free. 36 hours in.

I only just found out Ella Purnell was the voice of Jinx in Arcane! She's a big part of why this show worked so well for me.

My current Fallout hot take: Fallout 76 in its current state is better than Fallout 4. Decided to give it go since I got it for free. 36 hours in.
It seems like there is another big update coming in June that's going to expand the map (which hasn't been done since the game launched, only expeditions to hub-like areas) and bring in more questlines.

Last edited:
It seems like there is another big update coming in June that's going to expand the map (which hasn't been done since the game launched, only expeditions to hub-like areas) and bring in more questlines.
I'm super excited for that. I feel like the world design and the level design as a whole is better here and I've done far more than just go to point A to point B and shoot something. There's still plenty of that here, but when that stuff let's up or you find a new location. There's always something of note to find or something interesting to do. They clearly corrected the launch state of the game.

I just still feel like there's something off about the graphics in 76, it looks so much muddier and lower def than 4
Haven't checked it out in a while though, so maybe they fixed that?

(Plus, I'm just not huge on online games, and don't like that there's no VATS since the shooting in these games is still not the greatest)

Re: The Prydwen... it seems odd that its the same ship from FO4
Mostly because the Brotherhood in 4 was supposed to be a little more upright and tolerant and a bit less cult-y, no?
Guess things could've changed in 10 years, but it seems like a strange choice

I just still feel like there's something off about the graphics in 76, it looks so much muddier and lower def than 4
Haven't checked it out in a while though, so maybe they fixed that?

(Plus, I'm just not huge on online games, and don't like that there's no VATS since the shooting in these games is still not the greatest)

Re: The Prydwen... it seems odd that its the same ship from FO4
Mostly because the Brotherhood in 4 was supposed to be a little more upright and tolerant and a bit less cult-y, no?
Guess things could've changed in 10 years, but it seems like a strange choice
Outside of the weather effects from 4, I don't see much of a difference in visuals between the two but l also never played the game at launch so it was likely worse back then. I do think the art direction in 76 is better and the level design harkens back to pre Skyrim Bethesda where buildings mirrored their real world counterparts rather than video game dungeons. VATS is in 76, it's just done in real time. Takes some getting used to. It does have this problem of not really giving me a reason to want to play this with other people which undermines the online nature of it but its also ****ing massive thanks to all the updates to keep it alive so I can't complain too much on that front.

I wouldn't call the Brotherhood in Fallout 4 less culty. If anything, they're a course correction from the Wasteland GI Joe Brotherhood from Fallout 3.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"