10,000 Bc

Might have read that wrong, Humans and Mammoths definately existed at the same time.

What about the sabretooth tiger? I'm sure it was about one of those animals.

Nah, Sabretooths were around, maybe you are thinking of the Dinosaurs?

Okay here it is. National Geographic vol. 198, no. 1, July 2000.

Researchers have questioned the traditional image of what anthropologist Olga Soffer calls the "macho, Hemingwayesque big-game hunter". She and other scholars believe that very few of the huge mammoths were stalked and killed but rather that most were scavenged after dying of natural causes. The discovery of meshlike-impressions on clay fragments in Pavlov Hills also leads to speculation that family members set nets for catching small game like hares, foxes, and squirrels.

primemover said:
Dinosaus were long gone by the time humans entered the scene, and when I say long gone I mean like 60+ million years before. So don't expect any Dinosaurs unless the movie is sci-fi.

The last ice age receded around 10,000 years ago, so it could very well take place during the recession.

Also, 10,000 B.C isn't too far back to think that these people would only be grunting, as language is believed to be around for much longer. So as for them speaking english, if you can believe any movie that has foriegn characters speaking english, ie Red October, then I can't see why cavemen speaking english would be a big stretch. this is a movie afterall, not a history text. I imagine the best technique would be some proto-language with captions, or perhaps just go the Passion of the Christ route, like The Quest for Fire.

^So we won't see any dinosaurs,just a bunch of cavemen grunting with subtitles?Sounds so boring.

Wow he gets progressively worse!

First we get Stargate which is average but entertaining sci-fi schlock (a rental).

Then we get ID4 which is cheesy crap, but emmensly entertaining and while ripping off every movie ever made leaves you with a smile on your face....albeit if you see it again it continually gets worse and worse as a P.O.S. then so forth.

We get Godzilla which was crap. A few cool scenes and a great marketing team and a half decent cast, but pure trite.

Then we get The Patriot which takes a **** on history and is so bad with its unintentional attempts at being patriotic and moving. We're talking Green Berets crap here.

Then The Day After Tomorrow, arguably the worst disaster movie ever made (for the big screen). Complete with crappy diologue, undeveloped cliches, pretentious political messages that a 5 year old would already know, pathetic attempts at political satire and every cliche thrown in there in the book including a cancer kid who is just there to make Sela Ward seem heroic while she just sits there the whole movie....oy and again godd actors are wasted in this movie.

So how can he top the crapfest that was The Day After Tomorrow? Oh I know, a prehistoric movie that will probably feature dionsaurs and other such bull**** reminding us of those '60s B-Hammer movies, eh?

What a hack.

^Yet we're all still going to go see it, simply because it would be the first serious movie about early man.

Vaguely, yeah.

GoldGoblin said:
^So we won't see any dinosaurs,just a bunch of cavemen grunting with subtitles?Sounds so boring.

Rent 'Quest for Fire' and see how just this can make a very compelling movie, and hey for all you geeks, this is Hellboy's first movie!! :)

terry78 said:
^Yet we're all still going to go see it, simply because it would be the first serious movie about early man.

Quest for Fire was very serious.

DACrowe said:
Wow he gets progressively worse!

First we get Stargate which is average but entertaining sci-fi schlock (a rental).

Then we get ID4 which is cheesy crap, but emmensly entertaining and while ripping off every movie ever made leaves you with a smile on your face....albeit if you see it again it continually gets worse and worse as a P.O.S. then so forth.

We get Godzilla which was crap. A few cool scenes and a great marketing team and a half decent cast, but pure trite.

Then we get The Patriot which takes a **** on history and is so bad with its unintentional attempts at being patriotic and moving. We're talking Green Berets crap here.

Then The Day After Tomorrow, arguably the worst disaster movie ever made (for the big screen). Complete with crappy diologue, undeveloped cliches, pretentious political messages that a 5 year old would already know, pathetic attempts at political satire and every cliche thrown in there in the book including a cancer kid who is just there to make Sela Ward seem heroic while she just sits there the whole movie....oy and again godd actors are wasted in this movie.

So how can he top the crapfest that was The Day After Tomorrow? Oh I know, a prehistoric movie that will probably feature dionsaurs and other such bull**** reminding us of those '60s B-Hammer movies, eh?

What a hack.

Man I thought I got lost on the internet but saw opinions being thrown out as facts and I knew I was at the Hype. Thanks.:up:

Jeez. Look's like i'm the only one who feels like watching a caveman flick.

This is a waste of time --- the ultimate caveman flick has already been made...

B00029RDVS.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Caveman2.jpg

"Atook alunda Lana....zug-zug!" :up:

^That T-Rex needs the south beach diet, stat.

Red Mask said:
Wait a minute. I read in National Geographic that pre-historic man really didn't hunt mammoths. Something about a huge gap between when they existed.
There are examples of mamoth bones that appear to have been broken by stone age people. There are cave paintings of mamoths and we know that people were roaming the land well before 10,000 years ago when the classic woolly mamoth sub-species died out. Maybe the article you read mentions some early ancestor of the mamoth that predated mankind?

As much as I'd like to join the crowd, I'd have to say that I liked Godzilla, ID4, and Day After Tomorrow quite bit. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that ID4 was my "Star Wars" before I actually saw Star Wars.

While not the most interesting time period in my opinion, it sounds pretty exciting, although it sounds a lot more like a Discovery Channel Documentary than a movie.

What's this? People are now starting to hate "ID4"? When did that happen? I remember when people were going ape all over it.

id was the second biggst movie everin 96.

with inflation its domestic grossbeats spiderman and worldwide beats returnof the king.

its 300 u.s./500 over seas is 400/700 nowadays

The Phantom said:
While not the most interesting time period in my opinion, it sounds pretty exciting, although it sounds a lot more like a Discovery Channel Documentary than a movie.

Discovery Channel has some good programs. :up:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=14448

Principal Photography Begins on 10,000 B.C.

Source: Warner Bros. Pictures
May 9, 2006

The epic adventure 10,000 B.C., directed by Roland Emmerich (Independence Day, The Day After Tomorrow) and starring Steven Strait (Sky High) and Camilla Belle (When a Stranger Calls) has begun production in New Zealand for Warner Bros. Pictures in association with Legendary Pictures. The announcement was made today by Jeff Robinov, President of Production, Warner Bros. Pictures.

It was a time when man and beast were untamed and the mighty mammoth roamed the earth. A time when ideas and beliefs were born that forever shaped mankind. 10,000 B.C. follows a young hunter (Steven Strait) on his quest to lead an army across a vast desert, battling saber tooth tigers and prehistoric predators as he unearths a lost civilization and attempts to rescue the woman he loves (Camilla Belle) from an evil warlord determined to possess her.

A Centropolis Entertainment production of a Roland Emmerich film, 10,000 B.C. is directed by Roland Emmerich from a screenplay by Emmerich & Harald Kloser, and is produced by Michael Wimer (Welcome to America), Roland Emmerich and Mark Gordon (The Day After Tomorrow). The executive producers are Tom Karnowski (Everything is Illuminated), Harald Kloser, Thomas Tull (Superman Returns) and Bill Fay. The co-producer is Ossie von Richthofen (Welcome to America). The director of photography is Ueli Steiger (The Day After Tomorrow), and the production is designed by Jean Vincent Puzos (Lord of War). The film is being edited by Alex Berner (Perfume: The Story of a Murderer). The composer is Harald Kloser (The Day After Tomorrow). Costumes will be designed by Odile *****-Mireaux (The Constant Gardener).

10,000 B.C. will shoot on location in New Zealand, South Africa and Namibia and will be distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company.

Kevin Roegele said:
Given that Day After was slightly better than Godzilla and ID4, which were complete f****** b*******, this might be, maybe, reasonably watchable, perhaps.
I liked ID4 :mad:. Godzilla was crap though, I won't argue there.

So Emmerich is going the Quest For Fire route?

I liked Godzilla, Day After Tomorrow, ID4, and Stargate :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"