10,000 Bc

strangercalls2.jpg

Does that mean she'll be running around in a skimpy cavewoman bikini???

dpm07 said:
I really don't think a film like this would do well. Not in today's world. There wouldn't be any vocabulary anyone could understand, or any real purpose.

The great thing about ID4 was that it really showed what happens when leadership comes together and works to save the world from a great threat. I liked The Day After Tomorrow, because it showed the tenacity of American spirit, and how we were able to let the third world countries help us when we needed it.

Thats right. In ID4 everyone else in the world sat on their butts and waited for the US to come up with a plan. cos thats all we do. we wait and hide under our beds until the mighty US of A comes up with idea to save our lousy skins.

and then, they generously let everyone help them when their own land is a frozen wasteland.

I thought both movies were actualyy documentaries, they were so true to life.

1-Aren't cavewomen supposed to be big, burly, manly woman?

Camilla Belle hardly fits the bill.

What about Lucy Lawless, Chyna, Julie Strain or Grace Jones?

2-Wouldn't this work better as a comedy?

Most cavemen movies I've seen were comedies: "The Flintstones", "Brother Bear", "Ice Age"...

3-You do realize that if they don't speak English, you won't understand a thing that they say?

The cavemen in "Brother Bear" spoke English.

4-NO DINOSAURS! When will people get throught their thick heads that, when men came along, dinosaurs were already extinct!

Yet another movie that I will go to the movies and see and probably enjoy it while the critics are bashing it.

Has Emmerich ever had a movie that wasn't panned by the critics?

Unleashed:

if you don't, in fact, speak caveman language, how the hell are you supposed to understand them when they talk if they don't speak English?

thealiasman2000 said:
Unleashed:

if you don't, in fact, speak caveman language, how the hell are you supposed to understand them when they talk if they don't speak English?
They shouldn't at all

Human beings had language long before 10,000 BC.

Though it would seem weird for them to be speaking English, it would be like any movie spoken in English that was set in some other country(or even time), ie Red October. If it's a movie made for an American audience, it makes sense to have it played in the language American's understand.

The hard part here is convincing people that is what people 12,000 years ago said to eachother, because even though word to word translating is easy, context is not. Most people probably think people back then didn't even speak, and if they did it was nothing more than grunts relating to food and sex, and would probably never accept anything more.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=21843

Ready to Go Back to 10,000 B.C.?
Source: Warner Bros. Pictures
July 10, 2007

Warner Bros. Pictures has provided ComingSoon.net with the first 30 seconds from the first trailer for Roland Emmerich's new epic adventure 10,000 B.C., opening in theaters on March 7, 2008. The anticipated film, written by Roland Emmerich and Harald Kloser, stars Steven Strait and Camilla Belle.

Click here to watch the clip and stay tuned tomorrow for the full version!

Jesus, Day after tomorrow was horrifically bad, and now he's being allowed to work again??? :(

I can't believe we've gone from trailers, to teasers, to announcements, to teaser for the goddamn announcements.

Thats right. In ID4 everyone else in the world sat on their butts and waited for the US to come up with a plan. cos thats all we do. we wait and hide under our beds until the mighty US of A comes up with idea to save our lousy skins.

and then, they generously let everyone help them when their own land is a frozen wasteland.

I thought both movies were actualyy documentaries, they were so true to life.

at least you admit it :oldrazz:

I liked the way it was building before the cut it off

I can't believe we've gone from trailers, to teasers, to announcements, to teaser for the goddamn announcements.

Seriously, what's the point of that if the full thing is being put out tomorrow?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"