10 Directors Overshadowed By Their Collaborators

Those are pretty good pics.

That's a good list. I ecspecially agree with Superbad and Nightmare Before Christmas.

That's a good list. I ecspecially agree with Superbad and Nightmare Before Christmas.

I sort of agree with Superbad and disagree with Nightmare. Superbad is a Seth Rogen movie more than anything else. Nightmare is pretty much a Tim Burton movie. He did everything in that movie except, well, direct it. I mean...he wrote the story, worked with Elfman, designed the characters, did casting, etc.

As soon as I read the article title I knew something Judd Apatow produced would be on the list.

Spielberg and Tarantino are some big overshadowers. I know some people who think Spielberg directed Gremlins and Back to the Future, and that Tarintino directed Hero.

Zemeckis directed Back To the Future silly.

I'm not a big Nightmare Before Christmas fan, so I always assumed Tim Burton directed that one. What a surprise.

Also, I wonder how much work Spielberg actually put in to Poltergeist.

I sort of agree with Superbad and disagree with Nightmare. Superbad is a Seth Rogen movie more than anything else. Nightmare is pretty much a Tim Burton movie. He did everything in that movie except, well, direct it. I mean...he wrote the story, worked with Elfman, designed the characters, did casting, etc.

That's sort of the point, the topic is called "directors overshadowed by their collaborators" for a reason.

Another one is Babe. Chris Noonan directed, but everyone remembers Geroge Miller.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"