10 Types of Comic Book Forum Weirdos

Lorendiac, I appreciate this thread but if you really want it to pop comedically, you need to shorten this **** up, SON!! :cmad: ;)

LOL . . . me either . . . we are a new breed of weirdos; the don't give-a-****s :up:

If you and Ugfugly had read the whole thing, you'd realize that you are both #9 - The Ten Percenter. :cwink:

Just for fun, here are some more I've thought up:

The Purist - The guy who insists on total cinematic fidelity to the comics, no matter how stupid a pure interpretation would look on screen.

The Unrealistic Caster - The poster who suggests models, horrible actors, people he's seen on commercials, etc. for major movie roles.

The Political Partisan - A guy who will drop an unnecessary or inappropriate political insult or comment into a thread, often derailing the topic for a few pages.

The Relentless Optimist - Someone who will defend a movie no matter how lame or strayed from the source material it looks. If anyone dares criticize what they're seeing he'll accuse them of being "haters" or "not true fans."

The Nitpicker - After some awesome footage or still has been released, this guy will insist on fretting about some incredibly minor detail.

Last edited:
even with all the new hype amended stereotypes, i don't even know if i fall into one of these categories

maybe we should just have one called

The Fangirl - insert a description here lol

The Relentless Optimist - Someone who will defend a movie no matter how lame or strayed from the source material lame it looks. If anyone dares criticize what they're seeing he'll accuse them of being "haters" or "not true fans."

Look in the Wolverine threads for a lot of those. :hehe:

Look in the Wolverine threads for a lot of those. :hehe:

I should amend that to include "someone who clings to any rumor that promises a movie will be good even after every other fan has given up hope." :hehe:

One more (this is fun!):

The English Mangler - A poster who writes run-on sentences, uses no pronunciation, and leaves out and misspells words. You hope English is his second language but you can't be sure.

The Follower: He/She won't say his opinion on their own, but if someone else who is brave (or stupid) enough to state their opinion, The Follower will join in.

* -The Angry Follower: Just like The Follower, but where the follower simply joins in, the angry follower takes over the entire thread and states their opinion as if it's fact because they feel like they have the backing of the person that they are following.

The eBadass:
He or she is cool because they say mean spirited things on forums, however in real life they are either unattractive or have very little friends (probably for their unsavory and argumentative attitudes), eBadasses tend to flock together.

Assuming Dragon: The Assuming Dragon thinks he or she knows who you are in real life because of what you do and say online. AD tends to say things in a very condescending manner because no matter how serious or how obviously joking your post is, they think they are better than you.

Subtroll: Subtroll is subtle in the way that he or she trolls. They will bait you into an argument and say things that would irritate or anger anyone just trying to have fun, but they do it ever so subtily that they come across as the good guy. Subtroll is usually a forumer with mods for eFriends or a mod themselves.

The eBadass:
He or she is cool because they say mean spirited things on forums, however in real life they are either unattractive or have very little friends (probably for their unsavory and argumentative attitudes), eBadasses tend to flock together.

Assuming Dragon: The Assuming Dragon thinks he or she knows who you are in real life because of what you do and say online. AD tends to say things in a very condescending manner because no matter how serious or how obviously joking your post is, they think they are better than you.
:hehe:

The Snob : This is a poster who only reads indie comics, watches indie movies and derides anyone who enjoys anything mainstream....usually referring to them as sheep or mindless zombies....and also uses every opportunity to talk about his vinyl collection "because the sound is better"

There's also no point attempting to generalise specific weirdo types, we all have a lil bit of each one inside us.

The Snob : This is a poster who only reads indie comics, watches indie movies and derides anyone who enjoys anything mainstream....usually referring to them as sheep or mindless zombies....and also uses every opportunity to talk about his vinyl collection "because the sound is better"

I read historical novels, I love indy movies, and the sound is better you sheep.....:oldrazz:

My post count is high enough to qualify me as a wierdo, but I am not sure if I am any one of those on your list. :p

:woot:Same here. Where's the choice for outrageous flirt?

even with all the new hype amended stereotypes, i don't even know if i fall into one of these categories

maybe we should just have one called

The Fangirl - insert a description here lol

The Fangirl - A gal that has fanatical devotion to her interests... to the point where she may actually want other posters to
insert something "here".
:wow: ;)

The English Mangler - A poster who writes run-on sentences, uses no pronunciation, and leaves out and misspells words. You hope English is his second language but you can't be sure.
Unfortunately, I can admit to being this one.

And I've encountered a few Assuming Dragons on here, but I'll keep that to myself.

And if he gets involved in a political discussion thread, he’ll probably blame the return of Jason Todd (and how he’s been handled since his return) on the corrosive influence of either the Republican or the Democratic party in modern American life, depending upon the Broken Record’s personal biases.

:lmao:

The English Mangler - Aposterwhowrites run-on sentences, uses no pronunciation, and leaves out and misspells words. You hope English is his second language but you can't be sure.

Well alright!! I'm 2 thingse's :o:word:
Hope I don't condescend 2 much:csad:

and New Firestorm is the man!

The Woe Is Me - No matter how bad you're feeling, this poster is worse off because they are (gay, black, short, etc.) and no one can ever understand what it's like to be them or their particular situation makes their opinion more qualified than you in any conversation you may have with them.

The Follower: He/She won't say his opinion on their own, but if someone else who is brave (or stupid) enough to state their opinion, The Follower will join in.

This is me. :csad:

Clever name.

Yeah, I've seen my share of these guys, not just on this board but the whole freaking internet. There's a similar type of poster:

The Contrarian - Someone who dislikes something - a movie, music, graphic novel, etc. - just because it's popular. Some contrarians defend movies, songs, or comics that are terrible, just for the sake of being different. He believes this puts him above the unwashed masses and proves his independence.

And because ComicChick suggested it :cwink::

The Fangirl - She is hysterically devoted to some franchise, frequently putting fanboys to shame with the depths of her obsessiveness. She often becomes devoted to the actor portraying her favorite character and can be found sighing over random pictures of him and discussing unrelated projects he's working on.

no one takes fangirl's opinions seriously on here, they're filler.

even dew's filler...

no one takes fangirl's opinions seriously on here, they're filler.

even dew's filler...

*Gasps* How dare you say such a thing! :cmad: Unless...I'm not considered a fangirl around these here parts. Perhaps I'm an honorary fanboy? :grin:

Great list! Number 5 was my favorite. Samuel L. Jackson would be the perfect Superman.:hehe:

*Gasps* How dare you say such a thing! :cmad: Unless...I'm not considered a fangirl around these here parts. Perhaps I'm an honorary fanboy? :grin:

i must be one too cuz i don't really fall under the new Fangirl definition lol

The Stroyteller: S/he makes up stories about him/herself, such as the s/he met A celebrity when they were children, s/he is a parent , s/he is a time traveller etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"