12 Great Giant Movie Monsters per EW

King Kong is by far the best Movie Monster and the 1933 Movie is and will ever be the No.1 when it comes to Giant Monster Movies...... I never really liked Peter Jacksons Version of Kong because he looks just like a giant Gorilla in the new Movie but Kong should be a giant and unique looking Ape like Monster Creature and not just a big Gorilla.
I think u could rank the original king kong and original godzilla movies as #1. Those two were just outstanding for their times,and even by todays standards.
Far as PJ king kong, I did'nt have a issue with him being an actual oversized Silverback gorilla. Movie was well done, a tad too long,but a decent movie(well except for jack blacks acting)....
The new godzilla was okay I guess. I really disliked Mattew Broddericks character(who the F came up with that stupid name:Tatopolis or whatever it was.),also really hated his girlfriend,she was so,so,so bad. Also,hated the whole raptor type stuff at end,especially having so many. They could of just had 10 or less and be fine.
* no need to fee lynched if u say Transformers was a fluff movie. It was and it was very bad at that. That movie was so overrated imo.

^^ is that really the cloverfield monster? because if so, MAAAAAAAAYBE you should have used spoiler tags...

^^ is that really the cloverfield monster? because if so, MAAAAAAAAYBE you should have used spoiler tags...

Have you ever seen Return of the Jedi, it's clearly the Rancor.

I agree with King Kong being in the top spot, he is the first movie monster after all.

no love for drago or any other dragons like the one from never ending story?

rosie.jpg

I am very surprised that Gamera is not in there somewhere. He's almost as powerful as Godzilla, and there was a bit of talk in the 90's as to a possible meeting and showdown between the two beings.

Gamera has some major power, and I highly recommend the following films to get a better understanding of what he can do. The final scene from the third Gamera film really drives home the point of what a hero is, and what a hero is willing to do.

Gamera: The Guardian of the Universe
Gamera 2: Attack of the Legion
Gamera 3: Awakening of Irys

Godzilla is much, much better than King Kong. King Kong was less of a "monster" and more of a midunderstood giant who was confused and frightened. Godzilla, in his original, purest form anyway, was a giant, pissed off, unstopabble killing machine who just wanted to blow s**t up. Also, I dont care what that crappy movie says, Godzilla would destroy King Kong, if only for the fact that he's something like 8 or 10 times as big as Kong.

Kong was never frightened, and he has more depth than Godzilla which is what makes him better; and being bigger doesn't automatically mean that you'd win.

Kong was never frightened, and he has more depth than Godzilla which is what makes him better; and being bigger doesn't automatically mean that you'd win.
I would love to hear about this depth that you speak of.

In all fairness, Kong was a monster that reflected that of the "Beauty and the Beast" story. But in a far more tragic way.
With the original Gojira, Godzilla is clearly a metaphor, as well as the living symbol/embodiment of the atomic bomb that ended the war. and the film itself is a superb transformation, as well as reminder, of the desolation and horror that was found at Hiroshima, turned into a cinematic work of art. Unfortunately the original 1954 version was hard to find outside of Japan prior to a few years ago when it was finally saw release over here in the States, but it's definately a great film. And one that shows Godzilla in it's purest form. Depth and all. But to say one monster is substantially better than the other is a clearly a matter of opinion.

Kong may as well have yelled "oh noes!" and made a cartoony teeth chattering and kneed shaking motion while climbing up the emprie state building. Not only was he a coward, he wasnt very bright, as he cornerd himself. And other than being, as was already said, a beauty and the beast metaphor (and one that doesnt even make sense really), Kong has no depth at all, especially compared to the A-Bomb analogy done in Gojira.

heh,thought u were replying to my remark :) I didn't even mention Cloverfield.
anywho,thats not what Cloverfield monster looks like so ur safe if u haven't seen it yet..
Speaking of cloverfield monster, I'm not sure I would put him on this list right now..I'm still at odds if I even like the monster( I liked the movie though)..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"