World 1992 cartoon series VS X-Men: Evolution

i remember the producers saying somewhere that if they got a season 5 of evolution, they would have tried to tackle some of the unresolved stories from season 4, which makes sense why they did them, to get another season and they were also looking at a phoenix arc.

I duno whether they would have done Dark Phoenix but im pretty sure they would have done something similar to phoenix. I mean the thing i liked about Jean the most and all the characters of EVO is how there powers grew over the seasons. In season one she stuggled to lift a chair, season 2 she has a major power surge, season 3, in Blind Alley, her hair is shaped like a bird, season 4, she stops a train, controls an explosion, lucas said she was more powerful then your average mutant and the finale with the pyschic battle with xavier, her shield changed to a bird like shape with wings, it was deffinatly hinting at it

plus they contemplated having them older in season 5.

Her green shield in the finale was pretty nifty.

I actually thought Jean was pretty strong in the first season.:confused:

JP said:
Really wish the series would have continued. I'd love to have seen them as adults.

future_xmen02.jpg

Seems Logan would have gotten replaced.
I love the future Cyclops design, as well as the designs for Shadowcat, Rogue and Nightcrawler.

Abaddon said:
I actually thought Jean was pretty strong in the first season.:confused:
She didn't struggle to lift a chair as said above. Even in an early episode she helped stop a falling building with her telekinesis until Kitty could phase them through the rubble.

That said, generally, in season one she was a lot weaker than later seasons. Her evolution was great to see.

I wonder how they wouldve tackled the Phoenix Saga.

I have to say, I enjoyed Evolution much more than TAS. It's a pity that they stopped and teased us with the whole Dark Phoenix saga in the final episode. It would've made a great story with the new animation designs and today's technology.

I found a site when you can easily download the whole TAS show. :cool:

You can watch most of Evolution off Youtube and torrents take way too long and cost a lot of money.

Avalanche said:
She didn't struggle to lift a chair as said above. Even in an early episode she helped stop a falling building with her telekinesis until Kitty could phase them through the rubble.

That said, generally, in season one she was a lot weaker than later seasons. Her evolution was great to see.

ok maybe slight exageraton but what i meant was she was a lot weaker like you said, when she lifted heavier objects she struggled a lot more than later on

yea the green shield was nifty, i love that episode:)

Mr Lex Luthor said:
You can watch most of Evolution off Youtube and torrents take way too long and cost a lot of money.
They cost lots of money?

Never cost me anything.

Aside from that, the torrents general come in better quality that youtube.

I get my episodes from Lime Wire. Both Evo and TAS.

Avalanche said:
They cost lots of money?

Never cost me anything.

Aside from that, the torrents general come in better quality that youtube.
Well, the longer you leave your internet running, the more money you pay. At least I think that's what my mom said. :o

Mr Lex Luthor said:
Well, the longer you leave your internet running, the more money you pay. At least I think that's what my mom said. :o
Either
A) You have a crappy internet service provider
B) Your mom doesn't know what she's talking about
or
C) Your mom lied to you so you'll spend less time on the internet.

Most internet services charge a regular monthly fee. The only way you'll spend more money with more time on the 'net is if you have a dial-up connection that calls a long distance connection number. If that's the case, you need to switch to a provider with more connection numbers.

I just bought the DVD's off of Amazon. Torrents never work for me and no one had Evolution episodes on my college network.

I found some of the third season on Direct Connect.

Mr Lex Luthor said:
Well, I've never had any internet provider that worked like that! I pay £17.99 a month for my broadband (divided four ways in our house, so £4.50) and can then download as much as I like.

Getting off topic now. :O

Manic said:
Either
A) You have a crappy internet service provider
B) Your mom doesn't know what she's talking about
or
C) Your mom lied to you so you'll spend less time on the internet.

Most internet services charge a regular monthly fee. The only way you'll spend more money with more time on the 'net is if you have a dial-up connection that calls a long distance connection number. If that's the case, you need to switch to a provider with more connection numbers.
I use DSL.

Anyway, back on topic. I liked Evolution better than TAS. Mainly b/c of its art and all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"