2 New Clips from Australian Yahoo Transformers page

asian_cat.jpg

LOL^
Oddly enough it looks exactly like my cat Chester, except for the asian looking eyes, byt of course that's because he/she is "frowning".

Leaving out the sound is like leaving out Godzilla's signature roar IMO.

They never left out the sound. The noise of transforming machinery is there, it just doesn't sound like the cartoon, that's all. The problem comes when they try to integrate something into the movie just because fans want it there without realizing that it doesn't actually need to be there in the first place. By throwing it in there without taking the time to understand how to properly use it, it ruins what was already a properly sound edited piece of action.

In comparison to that clip, the equivalent would be hearing Godzilla roar before he opens his mouth. The rule of the sound is that it should be extended throughout the entire transformation. It's not just a finite sound that happens at the beginning (Blackout) or at the end (Prime) of a transformation as we've seen in the clips. It's not just "chi, choo, cho, choo, chi." It can be "chi, choo, cho, choo, chi, choo, cho, choo, chi..." and so-on until the transformation is complete, i.e. Devastator in the animated movie.

My only hope is that someone fixes this in the final edit. Or if anyone has seen a preview, if they could confirm how long the sound lasts? All I have read is that the sound is there, but no one has said if it's used properly.

This is make-or-break for me. I never wanted it in there after I heard the first clip of a transformation. I thought the natural sound of metal on metal clanging and grinding was perfect and brought a heightened realism to a story about something quite fantastical. I have let a lot of the other problems I have with the movie go by the wayside since the first clips came out, but if they just throw that sound in there willy-nilly with no rhyme or reason or any consistency just to appease fans, I will lose all respect I have gained for the film in the past few months.

I am surprised, CFlash, that you do not have the same issues with this, considering your interest in proper G1 to movie translations.

They never left out the sound. The noise of transforming machinery is there, it just doesn't sound like the cartoon, that's all. The problem comes when they try to integrate something into the movie just because fans want it there without realizing that it doesn't actually need to be there in the first place. By throwing it in there without taking the time to understand how to properly use it, it ruins what was already a properly sound edited piece of action.

In comparison to that clip, the equivalent would be hearing Godzilla roar before he opens his mouth. The rule of the sound is that it should be extended throughout the entire transformation. It's not just a finite sound that happens at the beginning (Blackout) or at the end (Prime) of a transformation as we've seen in the clips. It's not just "chi, choo, cho, choo, chi." It can be "chi, choo, cho, choo, chi, choo, cho, choo, chi..." and so-on until the transformation is complete, i.e. Devastator in the animated movie.

My only hope is that someone fixes this in the final edit. Or if anyone has seen a preview, if they could confirm how long the sound lasts? All I have read is that the sound is there, but no one has said if it's used properly.

This is make-or-break for me. I never wanted it in there after I heard the first clip of a transformation. I thought the natural sound of metal on metal clanging and grinding was perfect and brought a heightened realism to a story about something quite fantastical. I have let a lot of the other problems I have with the movie go by the wayside since the first clips came out, but if they just throw that sound in there willy-nilly with no rhyme or reason or any consistency just to appease fans, I will lose all respect I have gained for the film in the past few months.

I am surprised, CFlash, that you do not have the same issues with this, considering your interest in proper G1 to movie translations.

hmmm, well first off, these are just clips as you pretty much said, so there is still a chance that the sound will be fitting to the entire transformation. However, even if it isnt, I thing it is rediculous to let it ruin the movie for you. I personally thought it was pretty cool, regardless of how it fit the transformation. Oh well, I guess we will see how things go. I personally am excited, and no amount of little things will change that.

Is it really that bad to have the original sound overlayed with the realistic sound of gears and parts shifting and moving? Especially if you can hear both at same time.

suspension of disbelief is goin to be a constant in this movie.

as much as I want to b!tch about it, I am content with the sound placement. Either put it in or take it out.

I vote for keep it in.

Yes, the long drawn out Devastator-esque sound would have been cool... but I can see why it may not have worked in the movie. I'm just appreciative that the sound is in there. I think it sounds fine.

Yes, the long drawn out Devastator-esque sound would have been cool... but I can see why it may not have worked in the movie. I'm just appreciative that the sound is in there. I think it sounds fine.

:woot: agreed

I kinda like it this new way...it's almost like something they can fit into a sequel (i.e. omg it's one of them!!!), if you hear that sound you know s$#t is going to hit the fan, and a giant robot is near. Although I would have to agree it has to have a commonplace and not thrown in willy nilly...so hopefully it won't be at the end of primes transformation, but in the beginning similar to blackouts...

Boiiing, look at this way: it's the "starter" sound when you turn on a car. Why can't bot transformations have a similar thing. Think about it. Works for me. :woot:

Boiiing, look at this way: it's the "starter" sound when you turn on a car. Why can't bot transformations have a similar thing. Think about it. Works for me. :woot:

Because they're sentient robots. They don't need a "starter" sound. They simply do what they want when they want. It's ignorant and lazy what they have done with the sound, period. People thinking it's no big deal just confirms how much people really don't care about common sense anymore.

Because they're sentient robots. They don't need a "starter" sound. They simply do what they want when they want. It's ignorant and lazy what they have done with the sound, period. People thinking it's no big deal just confirms how much people really don't care about common sense anymore.

It could be worse. They could morph into their forms like T1000 or Odo in Deep Space Nine and all you'd hear is a gooshy slimy sound.

I think Boiinng is really overthinking the sound.

Keep it. It's fine. People would of b!tched more if it wasn't in the movie, and I say it's great

Cool clips. I am glad the sound is there. Grrr I thought we were going to get Blackout's full Transformation. Damnit...looks like I will have to wait a month for that.

I think Boiinng is really overthinking the sound.

Keep it. It's fine. People would of b!tched more if it wasn't in the movie, and I say it's great

Or you're underthinking it. I didn't hear of anyone crying about the missing sound after we saw the first couple clips. It wasn't until we heard it that people started wanting it in every scene. I asked oavstar about it and he said it was inconsistent, sometimes full, sometimes quick.

you're still overthinking it, man. it's a nice homage to the cartoon, and nothing else.

you're still overthinking it, man. it's a nice homage to the cartoon, and nothing else.

Which makes it pointless. I don't want homages, I want an adaptation. Look, I don't care about the sound in terms of the Transformers, I care about it in terms of quality movie craftsmanship. No real sound editor would allow any sound in a movie to be that inconsistent and without meaning. Every time I hear it now, it just seems like someone added it on their comp and uploaded it to youtube. It's unprofessional, that's what ticks me off.

Well, I've read confirmations from a half-dozen reviewers now that the sound is only at the beginning of Blackout's first transformation and nowhere else in the movie. I'm ok with that. It's at the beginning of the movie, so it's novelty is there but is quickly forgotten and does not become some inconsistent noise throughout the movie. One and done is better than here and there. I will stop my anger now. :)

Well, I've read confirmations from a half-dozen reviewers now that the sound is only at the beginning of Blackout's first transformation and nowhere else in the movie. I'm ok with that. It's at the beginning of the movie, so it's novelty is there but is quickly forgotten and does not become some inconsistent noise throughout the movie. One and done is better than here and there. I will stop my anger now. :)

Well, now I'm disappointed. :csad: I heard it was in a lot of the transformations but not always at the start of the transformation. I'm OK with that.

[BLACKOUT]No it is heard a few times, it's just that it is the clearest when Blackout does it. I can remember hearing it during a Bumblebee transformation and during Ironhide. The bit when Ironhide blasts the ground to elevate himself in the last battle is when you hear it, but it is slowed down, much like when the Gen 1 Devastator combined.[/BLACKOUT]

[BLACKOUT]No it is heard a few times, it's just that it is the clearest when Blackout does it. I can remember hearing it during a Bumblebee transformation and during Ironhide. The bit when Ironhide blasts the ground to elevate himself in the last battle is when you hear it, but it is slowed down, much like when the Gen 1 Devastator combined.[/BLACKOUT]

Damn it, I wish more people could be clear about details from a movie. It really makes me wonder about people's state of awareness these days. It's like each viewer of a movie has their own facts that are just based on their inability to retain short-term memory. That or there's a lot more people out there who need hearing aids and glasses.

Wooo! So glad they included the transformation sound!!
Well, it's more like a pre-transformation sound, but whatever!!!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"