2017 NFL Thread: Finale

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure the league/refs told John Kasey to kick the ensuing kickoff out of bounds after the Panthers tied Super Bowl 38.

I'm sure the league/refs whispered to Pete Carroll to pass the football instead of running it at the goal line in Super Bowl 49.

I'm sure the league/refs told the Falcons to pass the football and give up on defense in Super Bowl 51.

These are just 3 games that resulted in a Patriots win that probably could have gone the other way. Great teams thrive on other teams mistakes.

And it's a proven fact that if you don't turn the ball over and limit your penalties, you're going to have a pretty decent chance to win the game. The Patriots do that and it's why they're so successful.

The league hates the Patriots. If anything they'd want them to lose. Do people really believe that Roger Goodell wanted to hand the Lombardi Trophy over to Bob Kraft after Deflategate :lmao:

The league would applaud having different teams in the Super Bowl every year because it creates more marquee matchups in the future.

And what do the refs have to gain by rigging games. There are multiple cameras from every point and angle imaginable. The officials in the NFL are graded more tougher than any other sport.

Last edited:
With news of the XFL likely coming back today, Las Vegas is probably saying "thank goodness we will no longer be involved in another failed football league."

If the coach and QB werren't such unbearable jackasses then I doubt I would hate them as much as I do. Even with them always beating my team.

Can I ask why? As a Pats fan I've kind of become blind to this. Is it just because they've won so much? Or is it their attitude during press conferences? Because if it's the ladder, people have to know by now that if he wasn't required to Belichick wouldn't hold press conferences. He says what he has to (curtly) and gets out of there.

Also, as it's already been pointed out, history seems to be repeating itself.

2001 - Beat the Rams (NFC West)
2003 - Beat the Panthers (NFC South)
2004 - Beat the Eagles (NFC East

2014 - Beat the Seahawks (NFC West)
2016 - Beat the Falcons (NFC South)
2017 - Eagles (NFC East)

And as stupid and as ocd/superstitious as this is going to sound, it's why I don't like that they're wearing white this year. I know they're 3-0 under Brady and Belichick when they wear them, and I know they have no impact on the game whatsoever, but...

2001 - Wore blue
2003 - Wore blue
2004 - Wore white

2014 - Wore white
2016 - Wore white
2017 - Gotta wear blue!

But I think I'm the only one who cares about this, and they know that even though they're in Minnesota and might have some Vikings fans on their side after the Eagles game (and especially after the way some Vikings fans were treated in Philly), they're the road team. Philly fans travel amazingly well, and all of the country is rooting for them outside of North Dakota (thanks guys!).

At least they're not wearing red. Didn't go so well that one and only time.

Hopefully history repeats itself. The Eagles are one hell of good team though and they seem to have the kind of defense that can stop the Pats. And Nick Foles is very good. I'm not sure what his contract with the Eagles is, but if he wants a starting job next year, he'll have it.

Last edited:
Patriots are the home team but they're going with white jerseys:
DURCsx4X4AYHmGO.jpg

Probably a good choice because 12 of the last 13 SB winners wore white, with only Green Bay winning wearing their color jersey:
DUPWzoyX4AExHYN.jpg

It's mostly the way they come across in with the press that drives me nuts, jmart. They're both so freaking smug. Of course it coud be worse, you could have Big Ben as your QB and always have to think about if he got off on rape charges or not. That got really dark, sorry.

Alex Smith traded to the Redskins. Now where does Kirk Cousins land?

I've read likely Denver or Arizona.

Jacksonville

I don't think he'll go to Arizona. That might be one of the toughest divisions in football starting next year. Denver would be my pick. We don't know how well Mahomes will fair in Kansas City next season. I think Denver is a great place to go right now.

Jacksonville is another great choice with that defense and running game.

I read Mineesota as well......WHY? Are the Vikes in danger of losing all 3 QBs?

The Alex Smith deal cannot be finalized until March 14th.

Fox gets Thursday Night Football for the next five years.

I was hoping Thursday night football wouid be eliminated entirely

I was hoping Thursday night football wouid be eliminated entirely

Thursdays should be for NFL Kickoff & Thanksgiving.

I would love to get rid of the weekly Thursday (Color Rush) game.

Patriots are the home team but they're going with white jerseys:
DURCsx4X4AYHmGO.jpg

Probably a good choice because 12 of the last 13 SB winners wore white, with only Green Bay winning wearing their color jersey:
DUPWzoyX4AExHYN.jpg

White at home winners during streak: Steelers (XL) & Broncos (50)

Potentially: Patriots (LII)

---

Broncos will probably be wearing white in the Super Bowl from now on, since their primary color is orange and they're 0-4 in them.

Steelers chose to wear white because they went on the road throughout the playoffs.

Tom vs Time Documentary summary,

Trophy Wife who makes her own millions + Surpassing his own legendary idol (Joe Montana) = The only married guy who is truly happy.

I'm just waiting for the new season to start my Raiders greatly under preformed this year and I'm just ready to forget this season and start over.

My Super Bowl LII pick

Patriots - 28
Eagles - 23

MVP Tom Brady 28/35 - 308 Yards Passing with 2 TD

If it's about the money then Cousins will go to the Jets. If it's about winning he'll go somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"