4400 reboot in the works

Kaleb

2010 & 2018 SHHFFL Champion
Reaction score

cult sci-fi series is eying a comeback. The CW is developing a The 4400, a reimagening of the 2004 USA Network drama. It hails from Craig Sweeny, who got his break as a writer on the original series,Justified alum Taylor Elmore and CBS TV Studios where both are under deals

I grew up with the original and it was a cool show, but it felt like it started to lose steam after three seasons.

They should've given them a better ending then what they did. They should've given them a TV movie or something.

I'm down for it.

As an added bonus, it isn't a Berlanti show.

I loved the original show. I'll check this one out.

Been meaning to finish the series.

say what? they didn't fully end the last one, they sorta left it with cliff hanger to get back to, with the population growing and possible off Spring from them.

I love this serise it took element from X-men and made it it's own among other which seem to be from japan doing the same thing. and was way better written then Heroes .

'The 4400' Remake Ordered to Series at The CW

The CW is planning for the return of The 4400.

The broadcast network has handed out a straight to series order for a remake of the sci-fi series that aired on USA from 2004-07. Additionally, The CW has ordered pilots for a live-action, grown-up Powerpuff Girls from Diablo Cody and for projects from Ava DuVernay and Jane the Virgin showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman.

The CW put a remake of The 4400 in development more than two years ago. Like the original, the new version will focus on 4,400 overlooked, undervalued and marginalized people who disappeared over the past 100 years who are all returned in an instant, having not aged at all and with no idea what happened. They also discover they've been returned with upgrades, and likely for a specific purpose.

Oh snap. I remember this. Saw a few eps but I remember my brother loved this. Wasn't Mahershala Ali in this?

Oh snap. I remember this. Saw a few eps but I remember my brother loved this. Wasn't Mahershala Ali in this?
Yep.

And it was because of this show that I wanted him to John Stewart/GL. :hehe:

I need to rewatch this. I dropped off on it on the later seasons...

Have the old series on my to do list to watch and now a remake?

I remember finding the original pretty cool when I was a kid but I never finished it. I wonder if it still holds up. As for the remake, it could be fun but I think I’ve outgrown the CW’s style of storytelling.

I enjoyed the series in the original run. Pity about the last season.

Lot of familiar faces -- Joel Gretsch, Billy Campbell, Peter Coyote, Mahershala Ali & Jeffrey Combs.

Looks neat. Kind of nice for the CW to break away from superheros for a bit.

I started rewatching the 4400 a while ago, and man, I forgot that it was very post 9/11.

It’s an “Eh…” type of reaction for me.

Going have to watch a few more but so far it didn't grab me

Should I watch the original on Netflix?

I am, but be warned, they ended the season on a damn cliffhanger
I stopped watching halfway through season 3 if I remember correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"