9/11 Forum

Excel

O-bama-ama-ama-ay-ay
Reaction score
Anyone else watching?

McCains up...seems ok, but I dont agree with much accept him responding "yes" to wether hed give Obama a cabinent position for service.

He just said "Im kind ouf out of the loop on the day to day troubles of american people, mayors arent".

:dry:

I think you're misinterpreting the statement on mayors. He simply means the mayors of small towns are the ones dealing with middle America on a daily basis where as Senators can get lost in the problems and games of national politics.

Yes; Obama said the same thing but got a bit more specific and I understood :up:

Wait... weren't these two supposed to stop campaigning today :huh:

Because I cannot see how they can appear at a forum dedicated to 9/11 without promoting the beliefs of their campaigns.

Wait... weren't these two supposed to stop campaigning today :huh:

Because I cannot see how they can appear at a forum dedicated to 9/11 without promoting the beliefs of their campaigns.

You mean to say both sides were being insincere and exploiting a tragedy for political gain?

great_scott_400.png

"This morning we commit ourselves to remembering and honoring the lives that might have been. We keep faith with the innocent who perished. We take solace in their deaths were not in vain, for in their passing they empowered us forever with our enduring sense of purpose. And we remember that hatred disguised in false religious garb to murder innocents will not prevail.

Though evil visited us on a cloudless Tuesday morning, courage and strength answered amid the fire and smoke in New York City, over a Pennsylvania meadow and in this very building, as innocent people from 91 countries were murdered on our soil, many of those countries represented by the foreign dignitaries who join us here today.

We remember the bravery and sacrifice of those who fell here in America, and then on far-flung battlefields. We salute the soldiers, sailors, airmen, Coast Guardsmen and Marines who nailed our colors to the mast, giving their last full measure of devotion, declaring proudly that Americans do not scare. And we followed to the end of the Earth those who sought to break our spirit.

Together with the families of the fallen, we remember all that is good, all that is true, and all that is beautiful about those we have lost. And if we remember them, if we honor them by living as they would have us live, if we ... do our best every day to protect America's promise to the world, then we keep our promise to them and to ourselves and to future generations."

~Secretary of State James N. Mattis

Beautifully worded. God bless the United States of America.

How many on this forum remembers 9/11 as an actual memory and how many were either too young to remember it or only read about it as history?

Was at Purdue doing work study in the lab and suddenly everybody was leaving and going to the tv lounge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"