A Batman connection to the Ancient Mayans

Pfc1378

Civilian
Reaction score
I’ve been reading a very interesting book lately which actually shows a connection between Batman and the Ancient Mayan religion. Has anyone heard anything about this?

I don’t know. I don’t always trust ABC. This book I’m reading is extensive. It talks about how Chilam Balam would take on various roles while serving the Empire, one of them being called the BAT, in which he would serve as a counterpoint to Xipe Totec.

I know they said the links to Batman and the Mayans were debunked. But I’ve been reading some pretty interesting material that goes way more into it. Has anyone else really researched this or know anything about it?

upload_2022-2-15_5-34-50.gif

Maybe DC needs to add a disclaimer that “These characters are not intended to represent any historical or theological figures, living, dead, or undead. Any resemblance to pagan gods is purely coincidental.”

View attachment 53231

Maybe DC needs to add a disclaimer that “These characters are not intended to represent any historical or theological figures, living, dead, or undead. Any resemblance to pagan gods is purely coincidental.”

But I honestly think it’s more fun. All of the Ancient Mythologies amalgamated all of the others into themselves. Wouldn’t it be great if DC just claimed it and ran with it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"