a cgi joker this time around?

A&W

Sidekick
Reaction score
Ok hear me out. Ledger's joker can't be immitated. A lot of people think he paved the way for how joker will be portrayed in the future. I think that's crazy talk. He did an amazing job and then he died. The last thing you want is for the next portrayal to try and immitate ledger's performance. You want something completely different and the way to be different is by immitating the comic book version.
Don't limit your options to who can both look and act the Parr. Go with CGI and use facial motion capture. He has to look 100% real. Who should play him? Mark hammil from the cartoons and video games. He is perfect. Watch footage of him doing his voice overs. He fan do it better than ledger. But it would take CGI to make him look like the comic book.
I'd not mark than just pick an actor who can act the part but don't limit our options to people who look the part. Use CGI facial motion capture to make him look perfectly like the comic book.

fan-confused-wtf.gif

I would prefer the Joker not be used. There is a huge rogue's gallery to draw from. Continuing the oversaturation of the Joker is unreasonable when there are equally, if not more interesting foes. Maybe in ten years.

I would disagree there are any foes in any comic book villain's rogue gallery that are equal or more interesting than the Joker. He is the definitive comic book baddie. He is the yin to Batman's yang. You cannot have one without the other.

But I'd wait until at least the third film in the new series and have a Joker who has an established relationship with Batsy that goes back years, as well as Harley Quinn.

Either way it doesn't matter what we want. WB knows the two most successful Bat-films both featured the bat fighting the clown. It will happen again at some point in the next series.

As much as I would love to see a Mark Hamill Joker in film, it's not gonna happen.

I'd rather have a Joker that actually looks just like Joker, not an ICP member in a purple suit, and also have him have a plan that Joker would have, not the **** that he had in TDK.

Use CGI facial motion capture to make him look perfectly like the comic book.

I think this would be better served through the use of prosthetics rather than losing the performer altogether by having a fully CGI-ed face. Often times CGI pulls you "out" of the performance and the film if not done correctly (Flynn in Tron Legacy anyone?). If you want a CGI Joker, then make a full on CGI Batman film. Otherwise, I feel it's a poor idea that's not only costly, but unnecessary.

Let me elaborate on my post: I love the Joker as much as the next person. However, I would like to see. Hush, Dr. Hurt,

I'd rather have a Joker that actually looks just like Joker, not an ICP member in a purple suit, and also have him have a plan that Joker would have, not the **** that he had in TDK.

:huh:

That wasn't a plan Joker would have?

I know you would have preferred the ole makeup that makes you go insane route, but TDK was a film, not tv series :whatever:

I know you would have preferred the ole makeup that makes you go insane route, but TDK was a film, not tv series :whatever:
Who said anything about having make up making him go insane? And TDK was a horrible, horrible movie. I'd watch all the cartoon tv series over it.

So instead of trying to knock my opinion, how about you contribute to the thread on your thoughts for a cgi Joker.

The look's a matter of taste so I'll give ya that, but his actions in TDK were pretty dead on for the character.

Ok hear me out. Ledger's joker can't be immitated. A lot of people think he paved the way for how joker will be portrayed in the future. I think that's crazy talk. He did an amazing job and then he died. The last thing you want is for the next portrayal to try and immitate ledger's performance. You want something completely different and the way to be different is by immitating the comic book version.
Don't limit your options to who can both look and act the Parr. Go with CGI and use facial motion capture. He has to look 100% real. Who should play him? Mark hammil from the cartoons and video games. He is perfect. Watch footage of him doing his voice overs. He fan do it better than ledger. But it would take CGI to make him look like the comic book.
I'd not mark than just pick an actor who can act the part but don't limit our options to people who look the part. Use CGI facial motion capture to make him look perfectly like the comic book.

I would go for this...in a completely cg Batman movie. Something that looks like this

[YT]zRW-_wRAyvg[/YT]

Nicholson´s and Ledger´s Joker´s were great in their ownway, but I want to see a version that´s based more on the character from the comics.
Lokk at "Batman: Dead End". The make-up job was great (long chin, long nose, eye-contacts). The make-up from the Bat-in-the-sun comics was good as well. The actor of the Joker needs to have a thin face (like in Batman -Dead End) not a round one like Jack Nicholson.
I also want a more "funny" "over-the-top" Jokerlike Cesar Romero!!!

Who said anything about having make up making him go insane? And TDK was a horrible, horrible movie. I'd watch all the cartoon tv series over it.

So instead of trying to knock my opinion, how about you contribute to the thread on your thoughts for a cgi Joker.
You just added to my point, a cartoonish-Burton movie villian would suit you EVEN in a Nolan film. :dry:

Only a very small minority of the actors out there can pull off this role. And an even smaller minority would be able to look the part physically. What are the odds of finding an actor who falls into both categories? A CGI joker would solve the problem completely. Remember this is a very difficult role for an actor to play. You choose the actor who can best act the role, regardless of height, weight, physical appearance ect. You then use facial and motion body capture to transfer that actor's performance into a CGI version of the coolest and creepiest joker the artists can come up with.

I do not believe prosthetics would do the job. The joker needs to look skinny, like sickly skinnny. I really believe he should look really close to how he appeared in the Arkham Ayslum game, but it has to look completely real.

Somebody mentioned the fan movie Batman dead end as a good inspiration. The joker looks pretty cool in that, but I think it could be a lot better. I don't think that actor is skinny enough to pull the look I want them to go for.

I do not want a cartoonish or funny Joker. He has to be creepy and scary. I really think Mark Hammil could probably act the role the best but he's too old and chubby to look the part physcially.

You mean have Joker with a big kool-aid smile like this? :huh:

joker.jpg

And TDK was a horrible, horrible movie.
Uhm... You thought it was horrible, horrible piece of **** movie. It was a phenomenal movie that you hated. There is a difference between a good/bad movie and a movie that you like/dislike. Just like me with Inglorious Basterds. I hated it with such passion, though I accept it's is a good quality movie.

As for the CGI Joker, maybe it made perfect sense in your head, not in mine. And a lot of others here. A full CGI movie, i'd love to see that typ of Joker. But to be believable, he must be real.

I don't think any actor will outdo Ledger anytime soon. But does it really have to always be better and better and better every time ? No. It only has to be good. And it has to fit the universe he's in. I'm a huge fan of Ledger's, but hell I would hate to see him in Batman '89, and the other way round. As long as they fit their universe and they are well played, it's fine by me.

The thing I fear the most about Joker's next incarnation is not if he'll be good or not, it's all the fangirls (yeah, boys and girls) who are going to cry about how much that new Joker will utterly suck because it's not on Ledger's level, instead of judging it on it's own merits. As for me, I know i'll be open minded about another, new version of the Joker.I have The Dark Knight at hom on DVD, so I can have me some Ledger Joker anytime I want, now gimme something else.

Only a very small minority of the actors out there can pull off this role. And an even smaller minority would be able to look the part physically. What are the odds of finding an actor who falls into both categories? A CGI joker would solve the problem completely. Remember this is a very difficult role for an actor to play. You choose the actor who can best act the role, regardless of height, weight, physical appearance ect. You then use facial and motion body capture to transfer that actor's performance into a CGI version of the coolest and creepiest joker the artists can come up with.

I do not believe prosthetics would do the job. The joker needs to look skinny, like sickly skinnny. I really believe he should look really close to how he appeared in the Arkham Ayslum game, but it has to look completely real.

I do not want a cartoonish or funny Joker. He has to be creepy and scary. I really think Mark Hammil could probably act the role the best but he's too old and chubby to look the part physcially.

I thank God that you don't work in the film industry.

Uhm... You thought it was horrible, horrible piece of **** movie. It was a phenomenal movie that you hated. There is a difference between a good/bad movie and a movie that you like/dislike. Just like me with Inglorious Basterds. I hated it with such passion, though I accept it's is a good quality movie.

As for the CGI Joker, maybe it made perfect sense in your head, not in mine. And a lot of others here. A full CGI movie, i'd love to see that typ of Joker. But to be believable, he must be real.

I don't think any actor will outdo Ledger anytime soon. But does it really have to always be better and better and better every time ? No. It only has to be good. And it has to fit the universe he's in. I'm a huge fan of Ledger's, but hell I would hate to see him in Batman '89, and the other way round. As long as they fit their universe and they are well played, it's fine by me.

The thing I fear the most about Joker's next incarnation is not if he'll be good or not, it's all the fangirls (yeah, boys and girls) who are going to cry about how much that new Joker will utterly suck because it's not on Ledger's level, instead of judging it on it's own merits. As for me, I know i'll be open minded about another, new version of the Joker.I have The Dark Knight at hom on DVD, so I can have me some Ledger Joker anytime I want, now gimme something else.
First off the dark Knight is possibly the best comic book movie ever made
As for the CGI joker.
A person or character does not have to be real. It only has to look, talk, act, and feel real.like crasaer in rise of the planet of the apes, the navi in avatar, incredible hulk in avengers, king Kong in king Kong, and many other comic book characters in movies.

First off the dark Knight is possibly the best comic book movie ever made
As for the CGI joker.
A person or character does not have to be real. It only has to look, talk, act, and feel real.like crasaer in rise of the planet of the apes, the navi in avatar, incredible hulk in avengers, king Kong in king Kong, and many other comic book characters in movies.
My point, exactly.

Maybe i'm wrong, I won't refuse to admit it if i'm proven wrong. But I think a full CGI character wouldn't look real enough, in a shot where he is standing next to other human beings. Also acting like a real person I have little doubts about that.

But as I said, if I was being proven wrong, i'd admit it. In the examples you mentionned, I thought even though they were really well depicted, the Hulk and King Kong still struck me as obvious CGI, although really good CGI. It's like in The Amazing Spider-Man, in the high school battle, some shots looked definately CGI and not real actors. So if they can't even hide the CGI in those little momets, I doubt they can make it look convincing enough when they are shown standing alongside real human beings, even less if it's for an entire movie. My 2 cents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"