A Clockwork Orange

Cagefighterkip

Mr. Golightly
Reaction score
"There was me, that is Alex, and my three droogs, that is Pete, Georgie, and Dim, and we sat in the Korova Milkbar trying to make up our rassoodocks what to do with the evening. The Korova milkbar sold milk-plus, milk plus vellocet or synthemesc or drencrom, which is what we were drinking. This would sharpen you up and make you ready for a bit of the old ultra-violence."

So who digs this flick?

Is this movie any good, what is it about? My friend was talking about it the other day and it seemed kind of creepy.

I watched this entire movie, start to finish. It was too intense for me.

It's good and I saw a play produced in DC that was also very good.
It goes without saying that it's a cult classic.

This movie is too weird for my tastes.

i didn't dig it at all. i read the book about a month ago, and finally watched the movie shortly after that. it was just too out there, and not at all in the way that it should have been.

i actually wouldn't mind seeing a remake of this, done right.

I like it a lot more when I was a kid (14). I rewatched it some weeks ago at theaters (!, though the print was from the '70's it was in really bad condition) and I didn't like it anymore as much I used to. It was still a good movie (3 out of 5), but back in the days I gave it 4-5 out of 5.

I still remember how nervous I was, when I started watching it when I was 14. I was like "Do I have the guts to watch this?". But then I watched it, and it was the coolest movie in a long time. Oh, the times.

For a second, I thought this was going to be about a remake, and my head almost exploded. Then it wasnt, and I was fine. Then someone suggested making a remake, and I now have to track him down using his IP address and beat him while raping his wife, all while wearing a white jump suit and mask. Just remember, you brought it on yourself :cmad: ;).

I just bought it in the Kubrick boxset though, and still love it as much as ever. The commentary with McDowell is awesome too.

For a second, I thought this was going to be about a remake, and my head almost exploded. Then it wasnt, and I was fine. Then someone suggested making a remake, and I now have to track him down using his IP address and beat him while raping his wife, all while wearing a white jump suit and mask.
It sounds like a good idea now, but what happens when one day someone beats the crap out of you, and Mr. Credible is the only person nearby kind enough to take you in?

Just one of the best Kubrick's movies, with Shining & Barry Lyndon.

Of course, he was a genius ! :csad:

It sounds like a good idea now, but what happens when one day someone beats the crap out of you, and Mr. Credible is the only person nearby kind enough to take you in?

It'll all work out in the end, as I'll be seen as the real victim, and it'll break my government given programing as well.

i didn't dig it at all. i read the book about a month ago, and finally watched the movie shortly after that. it was just too out there, and not at all in the way that it should have been.

i actually wouldn't mind seeing a remake of this, done right.

There's not many of us on these boards (or anywhere for that matter), but I totally agree with you on this.
The book is one of my favourites of all time, the movie was a huge disappointment for me.
Cinematically it's beautiful, but it tried to hard to be shocking, when staying truer to the source would have been shocking enough.

Countdown to ShaneHelms' saying this is his favourite movie of all-time...

..started...

;)

Every time I see movie clips of Gene Kelly doing Singing In The Rain I am haunted by this movie.

First watch is shocking! Very brutal in some parts and violent (success, cause I feel really bad for the victims of Alex and then when it's Alex's turn, very realistic and disturbing approach on the violent and vengeance (the author) scenes). More you see it, more you see and understand the nuance and how this movie is well thought and structured. Amazing editing and music addition! Definately a neverending cult movie!

the first time I saw this I was to young to really understand the underlying themes. Watching it now, its a little spooky how much it mirrors some things in real life.

Great book and great movie. :up:

I see why Jubrik was trying so hard to create something new, but unfortunately I don't think this movie was one of his best ideas.

I mean I admit that movie did really touch very serious problems of our society, whether it was released in 70s or would be made today.

But still there was too much violent (even for such movie as A Clockwork Orange) and characters, which I didn't care about.

want to see this movie, i hear its great. still havent yet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"