A new GI-JOE cartoon...

Lord Blackbolt

Avenger
Reaction score
Transformers had a new cartoon series when their movie came out. Personally I think the new Transformers series is a lot better than all the previous versions that came in the last couple of years...

I'm hoping we can have a new GI-Joe series as well... Sigma isn't that bad...but it just doesn't feel like Gi-Joe

Sigma 6 aint that bad...do you remember the super intelligent robot dog created by the son of Hawk or another Joe General? Ugh!!! Tunnel Rat was in the series too. Do I want a new G.I. Joe Toon...Yes! Simply use the characters from the film Snake Eyes, Scarlett, Duke, Hawk, Ripcord, Heavy Duty on the Joe side and Cobra Commander, Destro, Storm Shadow, The Baroness, and Zartan from the Cobra side and include recurring characters depending on the mission like Wild Bill, Snow Job, Stalker, Kwinn, Dr Mindbender, Major Bludd, The Cobra Twins...yes I forgot their names.( No Serpentor please).

A new G.I.Joe would suck because it would cater to the anime nerds and the voices would sound all pre-pubescent, oh wait I'm describing Sigma 6.

Is Sigma 6 even connected to the original continunity...or is it a new thing all together

The only way I would want to see a new Joe carton is if it was done similer to the He-Man toon from 2002. That was the perfect way to relaunch/update an 80's property.

Is Sigma 6 even connected to the original continunity...or is it a new thing all together
I saw just one episode and didn't like it, the show has all the fan favorites like Snake Eyes, Cobra Commander, Storm Shadow but I think it's a separate continuity.

the cromson twins are tomax and xamot

3Dman27, Thank You for answering my question on the names of the Cobra twins.

Sigma 6 wasn't bad, but it wasn't as good as the original. Plus, it was impossible to find a network that was playing it later than 6:00 AM (I haven't gotten up that early for a cartoon since Starship Troopers). It did spawn an excellent action figure line though, especially if you're into figure customization.

Really though, I wish they'd just release all of the original GI Joe episodes on DVD. :(

Really though, I wish they'd just release all of the original GI Joe episodes on DVD. :(

That seriously needs to happen. And I do mean all the episodes... not Seasons 1, the first half of Season 2, and thats it. :o

And stress ALL episodes as rhino skipped a few and then didnt even release the second half of season 2.

Sigma 6 loosely continued off from the Spy Troops/Valor vs. Venom continuity.

And stress ALL episodes as rhino skipped a few and then didnt even release the second half of season 2.

And what's worse, the sets that they DID release are now out of print, making them ridiculously rare and expensive. On eBay they're like $50 a pop, used.

BTW, anyone know who holds the rights to the show, presently?

Did anyone hear that Hasbro spent $7 Million re-aquiring all their earlier series including...G.I. Joe A Real American Hero? The question is not if the series will return to store shelves but how. There could be a complete series box set on Blue Ray DVD or they could release series sets. Either way you slice it, G.I. Joe should be on DVD again before Stephen Sommers G.I. Joe arrives in theaters August 7 2009.

Did anyone hear that Hasbro spent $7 Million re-aquiring all their earlier series including...G.I. Joe A Real American Hero? The question is not if the series will return to store shelves but how. There could be a complete series box set on Blue Ray DVD or they could release series sets. Either way you slice it, G.I. Joe should be on DVD again before Stephen Sommers G.I. Joe arrives in theaters August 7 2009.
to that i say..YO JOE

I've always wanted a series using the same cast of characters (plus those introduced in the movie and during the late '80s as figures) but written with the intelligence and maturity of JL/U or the Joe comic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"