GI Joe vs. Transformers crossover movie?

Timstuff

Avenger
Reaction score
I posted this in the Transformers forum, but seeing as it relates to both franchises I decided to reiterate it here as well.

How awesome would it be if after they're done with the Transformers trilogy, they made a GI Joe vs. Transformers movie? Even if it was just a direct-to-video / TV animated movie like GI Joe: Resolute it'd be sweet, but imagine if they actually did like what Marvel is doing with the Avengers, and actually had the two film franchises cross over? It'd have to take place 10 years or so after the Transfrormers trilogy since GI Joe: Rise of Cobra takes place in 2019, but if it's a self-contained story I don't really see a problem since I'm assuming that Transformers 3 will act as a book end for the current TF movieverse.

The big thing that has my head swimming though, is the possibilities for the toy line that would inevitably tie in with the release. Rather than having seperate GI Joe and Transformers lines like they're doing this year with Revenge of the Fallen and Rise of Cobra, Hasbro could combine them into one crazy line that's got it all! The current TF toys are already sweet, but imagine getting big GI Joe-scale versions of them!? They're already experimenting with TF figures that can hold a human passenger, so the next step would be to do it in GI Joe scale.

They could even borrow from DDP's GI Joe vs. Transformers series and give the GI Joes 25-foot tall mech suits to ride around in so they can go one-on-one with some decepticons. There'd probably be team up packs too, like Optimus Prime with Duke, Megatron with Cobra Commander, etc. There's just so much crazy awesome crap that they could do that even if the movie sucked, there'd be some amazing toys coming out of it.

Hopefully the movie wouldn't suck, though. GI Joe and Transformers have successfully crossed over plenty of times in the world of comics, so hopefully with the right wrighters and a big enough budget, they could make it work on the silver screen, too. Anyone else think that it could be a worthwhile endeavor, let alone one that Paramount and Hasbro might actually consider?

I've heard rumors, that if GI Joe is successful that Paramount would want to do a cross-over. If Avengers is successful then Paramount would do it in a heart beat.

DEAR GOD NO!!!

Have some mercy for the film industry and movie goers
The sheer amount of suck will kill us all!

no matter how corny this movie is, the plot and pacing got to be better than ROTF!
And a TF-GI movie would be awesome... no human chars on TF side plox!

I'd love to see a TF/Joe crossover. Optimus Prime and Snake Eyes in the same movie would be fantastic.

I'd be OK with it if this movie took itself seriously. But right now I worry it will suffer from Shumacker syndrome.

How many awful Aliens vs Predator movies have they made? I'd say a crossover between these 2 franchises is pretty much inevitable.

I always thought The first and second transformers movie had Joes in them
they just can't go against each other
it has to be transformers and GI Joe against a common enemies.
perhaps terminators, who knows !

There are bad Transformers, you know.

And no, there were no GI Joes in the Transformers movies, just soldiers.

I would hate to see this, the films in their own right are fine but crossing over would be awful. Look at AVP, not a great example but also terrible. They just don't belong together. Leave them in their own worlds doing their own thing.

The scary things is that this concept has been done already in the show. Cobra Commander shows in a episode or 2 in transformers.

I think the episode was called "Only Human." Cobra has disbanded, and Cobra Commander now goes by the name "Old Snake."

Anyway, what is interesting is that this episode of the Transformers show it took place in the future, whereas GI Joe took place entirely in modern times. In the movies however, it's reversed, so GI Joe takes place in the future while Transformers takes place in the present.

they'd have to clear it up time-wise.

obama is president in TF2, the old guy is in GI Joe.
GI Joe is set in the not to distant future, Transformers is set now.

so duke and ripcord won't be in it or sam will have to be older or not in it too.

unless they do it after both franchises are winding down and so the end of TF3 is when GI Joe 1 was set

GI Joe is set in 2019 (which is why Obama is not the president), and if GI Joe vs. Transformers takes place after a (hypothetical) GI Joe trilogy, it will probably take place somewhere around 2026 or so. If that's the case, Sam Witwicky probably will not be in it, since Shia LaBeouf is probably too young looking to play a convincing middle aged man. However, I could easily see his son Daniel Witwicky being in it, and he'd be a teenager (and Bumblebee would probably be his protector).

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"