A Nightmare On Elm Street: Freddy's Nightmares

For those of you who miss the show and would like to see it again, or who always wanted to see it but were too young at the time and never got the chance, You Tube now has several full episodes uploaded (minus the commercial breaks). There's "No More Mr Nice Guy" (the pilot episode), "Freddy's Tricks And Treats" (starring Mariska Whatshername from SVU), and "Sister's Keeper" (a direct sequel to the pilot). Those are three of my favorites.

So if you're looking for something spooky to watch this Halloween, you might want to log onto You Tube and check them out.

^^ Those are some of my favorites, lol.

Mine too, along with "Photo Finish" and a few others I don't remember the names of at the moment. The best episodes were always the ones where Freddy did more than just play the host with bad puns.

Just watched the episode "Photo Finish" last night. One of my favorites. Not quite as good as "No More Mr Nice Guy"; "Sister's Keeper"; or "Freddy's Tricks And Treats"; but pretty close.

These are all of the episodes which uses Freddy as the main character and not just as a host with bad puns.
(* indicates that the episode currently is available to be watched on You Tube)

*No More Mr. Nice Guy
The premier episode, in which Freddy is set free on a technicality, the parents track him down and burn him. In the second half, Freddy torments and kills the cop who threw the match.

*Freddy's Tricks And Treats
Stars a very young Mariska Hargitay (from Law & Order: SVU) as a medical student at the Springwood University who claims not to believe in Freddy. Krueger decides to change her mind.

*Sister's Keeper
A sequel to the premier episode. Freddy is haunting the dreams of the twin daughters of the cop who killed him. Now Lisa and Merrit must find a way to team up and defeat Freddy in order to survive.

Safe Sex
A Goth girl is obsessed with Freddy Krueger. She soon learns the error of her ways.

Dream Come True
A teenage boy is taken to a psychiatrist because he claims that Freddy is after him in his dreams. Soon, Freddy sets his sights on the psychiatrist as well.

*Dreams That Kill
A sequel to Dream Come True. A talk show host plans to do a show on Dreams That Kill. Freddy takes exception to that idea and starts stalking the host's dreams.

*Photo Finish
Freddy decides to give a washed up fashion photographer a "helping hand" by terrorizing her models in their sleep. In the second half, the FBI are called in to investigate the murder of an entire family. A murder that Krueger had more than a hand in.

It's My Party And You'll Die If I Want You To
In the first half, Freddy possesses the body of a phony psychic, and uses her body to commit a series of murders. Then in the second half, he stalks and kills everyone who was ever mean to him back in high school during his class reunion.

Sadly, that's all there is. If there were more such episodes, the show may have stayed on the air a little longer than two seasons.

Yeah this show was awesome, thanks for the info, I'll be heading over to YT shortly to check it out

Halloween is coming up, so I'm bumping this thread.

I remember seeing this in commercials and maybe even an episode or two but it's been such a long time I couldn't tell you anything about it. Do want to see them though.

It's odd that with all the flooding of television shows in DVD we've had over the decade plus some of the most popular or guaranteed sellers never hit the shelves. This could definitely have made some money when they released that Freddy reboot.

Well the copyrights are owned by Warner Television, and you know what they're like when it comes to releasing their properties on DVD.

Here are some links to episodes. If You Tube won't keep them up, then I'll watch them elsewhere.

https://www.solarmovie.is/tv/freddy-s-nightmares-1988-season-2/episode-1 (This video was mislabled, it's actually the pilot episode from season 1 "No More Mr Nice Guy".)

https://www.solarmovie.is/tv/freddy-s-nightmares-1988-season-1-episode-7 ("Sister's Keeper", the direct continuation of "No More Mr Nice Guy")

https://www.solarmovie.is/tv/freddy-s-nightmares-1988-season-1-episode-22 ("Safe Sex")

When choosing a link, choose gorillavid.in. That's the one at the bottom, and is the only one that works (at least on my computer). A pop-up ad will show up once you hit play, just close the new window and enjoy the show.

There are more episodes available on the site, but these were the only three with Freddy as the main villain that I could get to work. I'm less interested in the non Freddy related episodes, TBH.

Neat. They ever release it all on DVD/BR?

Neat. They ever release it all on DVD/BR?

Unfortunately they haven't. They did a limited release of the first 2 or 3 episodes in the UK a few years ago, but it was a huge financial failure so they pulled the plug on future releases.

Thank goodness for this website. I was able to download all 8 of the episodes where Freddy was the main focus of the story (which were the best episodes IMO).

I've seen the origin episode and it was pretty good considering it was in tv.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"