A Salute to Pixar

Salute to Pixar...I haven't yet seen Coco, but it really truly does feel like, outside of Finding Dory, their best days are behind them.

See Coco and you might change your mind about that. :)

Cars 2 is unwatchable for anyone over the age of 7. There's a reason why it's their only film that was universally panned.
I never saw any of the Cars sequels.

Salute to Pixar...I haven't yet seen Coco, but it really truly does feel like, outside of Finding Dory, their best days are behind them.
Inside Out is how old exactly? :funny:

The Incredibles 2 hits this year as their 20th. :mrk:

Sure, sure, sure.

XItrU8W.gif

About to crack open Coco, after buying it recently and didn't manage to see it at the cinema (it's difficult seeing Pixar films at the cinema when you are a single male without children), read so many positive things and on the whole, have loved all the films I've seen (missed only a handful to date).

I honestly haven't seen a lot of Pixar for that reason. Maybe 4 or 5 in total from TV.

I honestly haven't seen a lot of Pixar for that reason. Maybe 4 or 5 in total from TV.

Whether one likes it (or agrees with the fact that climate exists in people's opinion), walk into a Pixar film as a man alone and one is going to get a 'certain look' that one doesn't belong there, which is incredibly sad to think but it exists in this day and age.

About to crack open Coco, after buying it recently and didn't manage to see it at the cinema (it's difficult seeing Pixar films at the cinema when you are a single male without children), read so many positive things and on the whole, have loved all the films I've seen (missed only a handful to date).

Whether one likes it (or agrees with the fact that climate exists in people's opinion), walk into a Pixar film as a man alone and one is going to get a 'certain look' that one doesn't belong there, which is incredibly sad to think but it exists in this day and age.

Definitely. My children are now in their 20's. When they were young we'd see these movies together. Now I have to wait to catch them at home (the movies, not my kids).

Apart from Incredibles 2. That I'll see.

Definitely. My children are now in their 20's. When they were young we'd see these movies together. Now I have to wait to catch them at home (the movies, not my kids).

Apart from Incredibles 2. That I'll see.

Yep, cinema for that one, definitely. Nothing stopping me from that. To be fair, I will be with more 40 something childless friends when I see it, so won't be too bad if we go as a group.

Last edited:

That's how I feel. If I really wanted to see something it wouldn't stop me, but ultimately I figure I can wait until home release and never get around to watching them.

Having just finished watching it, gone into 3rd place, behind Incredibles (1) and Up (2).

Screen Junkies Best of Pixar discussion....

BTW,
The Incredibles going out 1st Round is BS !!!!

Last edited:
Having now seen The Incredibles 2, my re-thought top 5 is...

1) The Incredibles
2) Up
3) The Incredibles 2
4) Coco
5) Inside Out

Ratatouille just outside top 5.

Nice. What is it about (just for ref)?

It's taken from the point of view of a young girl (Riley) as she hits puberty and her relationship is distancing with her mum and dad, and her emotions are fluctuating, we then spend the story 'inside' her body with each emotion having their effect on her emotional state as they take a journey towards teenage life. It's moulded by Pixar's usual balance of emotion, laughter and pulls on the heartstrings, it's utterly glorious.

It's taken from the point of view of a young girl (Riley) as she hits puberty and her relationship is distancing with her mum and dad, and her emotions are fluctuating, we then spend the story 'inside' her body with each emotion having their effect on her emotional state as they take a journey towards teenage life. It's moulded by Pixar's usual balance of emotion, laughter and pulls on the heartstrings, it's utterly glorious.
Ah interesting, and that sounds much more familiar now. I feel like I've seen a trailer for it from your description. Thanks :up:

Have to say that this was a really great description and summary of that film. And I liked Inside Out quite much myself (in fact, a rewatch has been on my schedule for a while now).

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"