A song of ice and fire = Jon Snow & Dany?

XtremelyBaneful

xoxxxoooxo
Reaction score
I just recently caught up with all of Thrones, one thing that sticks out to me is this pairing. A decent amount of evidence points towards these two characters getting together, here's just one video for it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS3QZsR1W68

there's plenty more where that came from but I think that one does the best explanation of it.

What do you think?

If so, there is a disproportionate amount of fire.

Still a great deal is made of Targaryen blood for it not to overshadow Jon's northern heritage.

It could refer to Jon and Dany, Jon by himself, dragons and ice walkers. It could be

They're pretty much guaranteed to happen on the show, but I won't ship it. It's always felt too boring.

That would be very creep seeing how she's his aunt.

but you haven't even seen them share a scene together yet, how do you know it'd be boring?

Because it's so typical. The thing I love about ASOIAF is that it often doesn't do what you'd expect. So just because Dany's fire and Jon's ice means they have to be a couple? That's already boring, and creepy considering Dany is his aunt.

I've accepted the fact that it will happen, I'm just not excited for it.

Because it's so typical. The thing I love about ASOIAF is that it often doesn't do what you'd expect. So just because Dany's fire and Jon's ice means they have to be a couple? That's already boring, and creepy considering Dany is his aunt.
in reality it would be creepy but in the world of Thrones I think since incest has been such an everyday topic it's supposed to desensitize the audience. As long as it's not like brother/sister like the Lannisters or father/daughter like Craster it seems generally accepted. Plus I have not read the books but I heard that it is implied that Targaryens have this uncontrollable attraction to one another.

As for the unexpected, yes ASOIAF is like that but too many twists in a story could make it annoying, tbh. I like that it has been pretty unpredictable thus far but I don't want that to happen all the damn time.

I've accepted the fact that it will happen, I'm just not excited for it.
We don't know 100% that it's gonna happen. For all we know, they'll meet, one of them will distrust the other and once they don't need each other they'll try to kill each other.

Targaryens don't necessarily have an attraction to one another, it's more a cultural thing with Valyrians. That said, many Targaryens have been wed to their siblings and hated it. Daenerys mother and father were siblings and were utterly miserable being forced to live as husband and wife.

We don't know 100% that it's gonna happen. For all we know, they'll meet, one of them will distrust the other and once they don't need each other they'll try to kill each other.

I think we know 99.5% that it will happen.

I get incest with the Targs is the norm, but that also plays into them being labeled as "crazy." Logically, you'd think they would want to stay away from these two unlikely rulers falling into that trap. I know I'm in the minority, there's lots of foreshadowing and parallels between Jon/Dany in the books and in the show.

I think we know 99.5% that it will happen.

I get incest with the Targs is the norm, but that also plays into them being labeled as "crazy." Logically, you'd think they would want to stay away from these two unlikely rulers falling into that trap. I know I'm in the minority, there's lots of foreshadowing and parallels between Jon/Dany in the books and in the show.

maybe they'll fall in love at first but then something will happen to tear them apart. like one of them dies or something.

That would be very creep seeing how she's his aunt.

It's normal for the Targs. Targaryans married and bred with their own relatives to keep their bloodline "pure". Dany marrying her cousin is actually tame compared to the last three Targaryen kings who all married their sisters.

in reality it would be creepy but in the world of Thrones I think since incest has been such an everyday topic it's supposed to desensitize the audience. As long as it's not like brother/sister like the Lannisters or father/daughter like Craster it seems generally accepted. Plus I have not read the books but I heard that it is implied that Targaryens have this uncontrollable attraction to one another.

As for the unexpected, yes ASOIAF is like that but too many twists in a story could make it annoying, tbh. I like that it has been pretty unpredictable thus far but I don't want that to happen all the damn time.

We don't know 100% that it's gonna happen
. For all we know, they'll meet, one of them will distrust the other and once they don't need each other they'll try to kill each other.

According to leaks, they hook up on a boat in season 7. Granted that doesn't mean they will marry each other, but at this point I don't think the show has time to do misdirects and deal with too much relationship drama. I think since they hook up in season 7 they are either going to marry or Jon will die and Dany will be impregnated with Jon's child. I don't think the show will have time to deal with Dany and Jon hooking up with other people.

Last edited:
According to leaks, they hook up on a boat in season 7. Granted that doesn't mean they will marry each other, but at this point I don't think the show has time to do misdirects and deal with too much relationship drama. I think since they hook up in season 7 they are either going to marry or Jon will die and Dany will be impregnated with Jon's child. I don't think the show will have time to deal with Dany and Jon hooking up with other people.

Wall falling and Jonerys sex sounds like the world's worst montage. I'm not looking forward to that if the leak is 100% correct, which is probably is.

It's normal for the Targs. Targaryans married and bred with their own relatives to keep their bloodline "pure". Dany marrying her cousin is actually tame compared to the last three Targaryen kings who all married their sisters.

[BLACKOUT]how do we know about the authenticity of the leaks? I've read them before.[/BLACKOUT]
Wall falling and Jonerys sex sounds like the world's worst montage. I'm not looking forward to that if the leak is 100% correct, which is probably is.

[BLACKOUT]Why are you so sure it's correct?[/BLACKOUT]

[BLACKOUT]how do we know about the authenticity of the leaks? I've read them before.[/BLACKOUT]

I didn't want to believe them myself (since parts are as usual kind of stupid) but plenty of what was spoiled later matched to scenes being filmed.

As for what might or what might not happen, I think we should all always remember that just because a certain strand of plot doesn't make sense/pointless/unwise doesn't mean D&D wouldn't do it anyway.

[BLACKOUT]Why are you so sure it's correct?[/BLACKOUT]

I didn't want to believe Lads' leaks at first either as there's some massively stupid things in there, but more and more he was proven to be true. Nearly everything he said about Dragonstone ended up being true, and Watchers on the Wall and Los Siete Reinos have backed some of it up as well. I don't think everything he says in there is correct, he's probably gotten some details wrong, but he's had so many things on his side it's impossible to ignore now.

Last major leak I recall being fake was

Coldhands at Craster's Keep...the Jon/Dany partnership is being built up pretty strongly, so I see them having some kinda magic wedding at the very least...something involving ancient magic with the whole ice and fire motif at its heart...moreso than a straight wedding like we've been seeing.

I always thought it was white walkers vs. lord of light/dragons type of thing. I guess for me it was the idea of looming death vs. believing in a higher force who can save you.

Mainly because white walkers can only be returned to the ground by dragonglass (which I'm guessing may be forged by dragons, as well as valyrian steel?) and then there's Daenerys who can resurrect from the flames and bring dragons - a powerful but mythical extinct species - back from the dead and the fact one of the heroes is resurrected by the lord of light's priestess. I'm sure all of this has been ranted on about for yeas now. Sorry. Anyhow, marrying those two would add to that symbolism.

I didn't want to believe Lads' leaks at first either as there's some massively stupid things in there, but more and more he was proven to be true. Nearly everything he said about Dragonstone ended up being true, and Watchers on the Wall and Los Siete Reinos have backed some of it up as well. I don't think everything he says in there is correct, he's probably gotten some details wrong, but he's had so many things on his side it's impossible to ignore now.

I had to go and look up what you meant by "lads"

is it this? (possible leak spoilers)

https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/57w3yw/my_awayforthelads_season_7_spoiler_timeline/

damn, well now that 2 trailers released what you think? do the leaks sound more plausible now? at the very least he got the filming locations & characters correspondent...

I 100% believe the leaks. The trailers corroborated a lot of them. Personally, I'm not a fan of quite a few of the leaks. I'm just hoping they play better on screen. But Jon and Dany is a couple I'll never get behind. It's just meh to me.

I 100% believe the leaks. The trailers corroborated a lot of them. Personally, I'm not a fan of quite a few of the leaks. I'm just hoping they play better on screen. But Jon and Dany is a couple I'll never get behind. It's just meh to me.
why did you change your name? lady stoneheart was cool

i want jon x dany to happen so bad. i've been shipping them towards the tail end of the series when i began realizing they're perfect for each other

why did you change your name? lady stoneheart was cool

i want jon x dany to happen so bad. i've been shipping them towards the tail end of the series when i began realizing they're perfect for each other

Because every time I typed it, I got depressed because LSH never made it into the show. :funny:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"