Aaron Sorkin to direct the Trial of the Chicago 7

I'm glad the reviews are mostly positive so far. Looking forward to this.

This ended up being pretty great. Fantastic performances all around, but to me the biggest standouts were Sacha Baron Cohen, Jeremy Strong, John Carrol Lynch, Mark Rylance and Yahya Abdul-Mateen II. Frank Langella was great too, because you really despised him and it was cool seeing Michael Keaton in his brief role. I wanted way more scenes with Yahya's Bobby Seale though, because to me he stole the show the most.

8.5/10

This ended up being pretty great. Fantastic performances all around, but to me the biggest standouts were Sacha Baron Cohen, Jeremy Strong, John Carrol Lynch, Mark Rylance and Yahya Abdul-Mateen II. Frank Langella was great too, because you really despised him and it was cool seeing Michael Keaton in his brief role. I wanted way more scenes with Yahya's Bobby Seale though, because to me he stole the show the most.

8.5/10
This seems about right, just judging by how far up Yahya jumped in the Oscar odds once the movie actually screened.

Can't wait to watch this, once I can chalk in some time between my Halloween marathon.

I watched this today and really enjoyed it. I like Sorkin's writing and quick editing style, and I think it did a great job of telling the story.

I only had two gripes with it. One personal - that I was not expecting that attempted sexual assault scene about an hour in and that really rattled me for a bit.

And one story wise - I didn't care for how Bobby Seale's story was just dropped. I get that this movie wasn't about him, but I just felt they could've tied him in better before the ending credits rolled.

In a film full of stellar performances, I'd want Sacha Baron Cohen to get the awards nominations.

Even as a Sorkin fan, I was totally surprised at how amazing this film was; Courtroom Drama at its finest.

The first 40min felt like a bad episode from The Good Wife but it was a slowburner. I really enjoyed it, great performances, awesome writing and editing. If they campaign Yahya Abdul-Mateen II its an easy nomination lock for the events of 2019/2020. Cohen and writing should get a nomination too I think.

This movie was...fine. It didn't have the impact I was anticipating, in that it didn't really have any impact at all.

This movie was...fine. It didn't have the impact I was anticipating, in that it didn't really have any impact at all.
Yeah I didn’t think it was that good. Not as good as Judas and the Black Messiah and Sorkin has also written much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"