Advice: Cell Phone reception, etc; Verizon versus Cingular

The Riddler

WITH NEW MATERIAL
Reaction score
my cell phone plan is finally just about up, and i'm looking to sign up to a new plan.

i currently have verizon, and it worked out great, but after looking at phones, i want to make the switch to cingular.

i'm just interested about the reception and areas of cingular. any fellow hypers have cingular as their providers and live in CA? how is it?

any input would help.

thanks.

i hate cingular....
they got cool phones, but thats it.
If I talk for longer than 5 minutes it drops my call... and I got like 1 or 2 bars.

They suck :down:

get/keep verizon

Keep verizon!!! I was going to with my friends to vegas and it was just hilarous how they couldnt find a signal with there cingular phones. But I got a signal with my verizon phone. And yea im from California.

Get with sprint. it's the best cellphone provider of all time. It's the best service and you can hear everything and never get dropped calls.

AS you know sprint & nextel merged..so make sure you get a sprint phone..because nextel sucks..don't get a phone with a walkie talkie thing cause they will not work for you.

Verizon, I have it and have no problems sending messages

I tried sprint for two weeks, and it was crap. Dropped calls, no reception in spots where I should have had it, and they dumped tons of random fees on me. My bill ended up being 15 higher than advertised. On the other hand, when I switched to verizon, not only was the bill actually what they advertised, they even dropped the one time activation fee (30-40 bucks with sprint), game me a much much cooler free phone with the plan, and I had better reception all around.

On the other hand, Verizon can be pretty shifty sometimes. I just got a 100 dollar bill for my home phone dsl line from Pittsburgh, the one I cancelled a month ago. Gonna have to call them about that on monday.

i don't know; verizon has been decent to awesome, and i don't want to change a good thing, but cingular has all the good phones.

i want the samsung d807, but if i stick with verizon, i'll probably have to get the lg chocolate.

The Riddler said:
but if i stick with verizon, i'll probably have to get the lg chocolate.
Ill be getting that phone next month!

Verizon, I mean, ****, James Earl Jones told me to stick to that company for my needs :cmad:

NOFX said:
Ill be getting that phone next month!
imo:

d807_web_duo.jpg

>

lg-chocolate-vx-8500-20060821065833494-000.jpg

The Riddler said:
what the difference? I want to get it because it plays mp3 and I want to get rid of my psp.

NOFX said:
what the difference? I want to get it because it plays mp3 and I want to get rid of my psp.
both play mp3, both have 1.3 megapixel cameras, and both look nice.

but batterylife is much better with the samsung, and i think it looks better.

damn verizon for having crappier phones!

i just got the lg chocolate, and i have to admit, it's slicker than snot.

now that's slick.

i have cingular... never had a problem with the service... clearer calls than T-mobile.. and better overall customer service than Sprint.

The Riddler said:
i just got the lg chocolate, and i have to admit, it's slicker than snot.

now that's slick.
Kool! I have a question is the memory card compatible with sony's brand? Im asking because I already have a 2gig memory card for my psp and I dont feel like buying a new one if its compatible.

NOFX said:
Kool! I have a question is the memory card compatible with sony's brand? Im asking because I already have a 2gig memory card for my psp and I dont feel like buying a new one if its compatible.
no clue, but i only see a slot for the mini sd cards, which is a very common medium.

i doubt it'll work.

sorry.

It really depends where you live. I have cingular and it sucked in my neighborhood, but was fine the rest of my town (Hamilton, NJ). But now that I'm in NYC it has great service everywhere.

I use Virgin Mobile on a Pay as You Go Plan.

pop_VM8610_3.gif

That is my phone

Dew k. Mosi said:
I use Virgin Mobile on a Pay as You Go Plan.

pop_VM8610_3.gif

That is my phone
it's always nice when dew posts in my threads. :oldrazz:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"