Refurbished Cell Phones?

AndThePickles

Kiss the girl
Reaction score
Hello learned people out there,

I'm looking to break away from my current family plan and start an individual cell phone plan with AT&T. Looking at their website, I've seen a lot of good "online only" package deals. When doing so, I noticed 2 package choices for a phone I'm considering. One of them was a refurbished version of the phone, which made the package FREE. Obviously, I feel that there is an important reason why there are so many free offers for refurbed phones, so I am wondering if it's truly a good deal to get one?

I understand that it is essentially a "recycled" phone, in that it was returned in the 30 day trial period and restored to factory condition. However, are there any cons to owning one? Is it really just as good as buying a new phone? Has anyone ever owned/had any problems with a refurbished phone?

Personally, I would never buy anything that is refurbished. Refurbished to me means, the phone was messed up when we originally sold it, we fixed it, so we hope it works good now. And those type of things have no warranty usually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"