Ain't Too Proud to Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might go to hell for it but all this talk of road kill reminded me of a place I really want to go to
scaled.php
Check out he menu!
http://www.road-kill-cafe.com/roadkill.html

Last edited:
Speaking of restaurants, I had a flashback the other day of this place we ate at all the time when I stayed with my grandparents for a month during the summer. It was called The Pink Cadillac. Best corndog and fries I had in my life. A shame that it closed down :(

Last edited:
I do then when I AM paying attention sometimes, haha

i need to hit the lottery

i'm addicted to blu rays :/

You should send me some for free. :o

haha i've been using them as prizes for the fan art contests lately :hinthint:

Potentially habit forming too. :ninja:

I'm addicted to blu rays & video games.

i'm cataloging my collection on blu-ray.com and im' already at 191. easily have 250

haha i've been using them as prizes for the fan art contests lately :hinthint:

Meh. Too bad i'm a lousy artist. :dry:

i'm cataloging my collection on blu-ray.com and im' already at 191. easily have 250

Most impressive CC!! :wow:

I'm tempted to enter again..what have I got to loose right?

Exactly! Just Looking for the right idea now. My first thought I've kinda already done before.

gay-wedding-rings.jpg

Long story short:

Jason and I broke up about 2 years ago due to his strong Catholic convictions vs. his closeted attraction to me. We had already suffered through a very shaky start to our relationship which came right behind a tragic ending to an 11 year old bond I had with my ex David, who is a lawyer. As some of you know, David went bat s____ crazy for awhile and nearly lost his mind. His obsession with me eventually drove him to stalking us both, vandalizing s______ and even breaking into our place at one point to steal photos and um...some of my personal belongings [blackout]i.e. my jockstraps :csad:[/blackout].

All three of us went our separate ways: David moved back to Los Angeles, Jason remained in New York and I relocated to the residence David and I owned in Michigan (I ended up selling the brownstone I bought in New York).

Jason and I remained friends. In the spring of 2010 I had to come home to NYC for an event; and I made it a point to see Jason. By then he had discovered a new faith in God which allowed him to be at peace with his sexuality. He was advancing in the precinct, had completed 2 rounds of that Insanity workout DVD program and had gotten incredibly ripped. All in all, he was in a much better place physically, spiritually, and financially than when I left.

After that trip, our communications strengthened. It started with text messaging until 4am. Then the phone calls and video/skyping thing. It was clear we still loved each other.

By time the Gay Marriage Rights situation had really heated up, Jase and I had been basically in a long distance relationship for quite a while. The distance killed us, but we tried to make up for it via frequent commuting trips. During August of 2011 I traveled back to NYC and stayed for 2 weeks on business. This was great for us because it allowed us to really be together the way we used to.

Some of my Hype friends know I've never been one for Gay Marriage. I didn't believe men needed to do it to confirm their love for each other. I've always been extremely discreet with who I'm involved with. But the principle of it was fine...for other men if that's what they wanted to do. So when Jason asked me what I thought about us getting married one day, I was like, "Oh, Heeeelllll no, what for?" After all, his family would completely disown him and I don't know how mine would react. Plus, he's white and I'm not and there's that whole interracial issue within the Gay community to deal with too. Additionally, we lived in two separate states and I was sick of moving back and forth! :argh:

Yet for Jason, he was willing to face all of this crap to be able to say he was my partner in life. For some reason it was very important to make it legal in his opinion because he said our relationship had already suffered so many break downs in permanence. I had been the first guy he had ever been with and he wanted to keep it that way. Part of that I think was him wanting to officially "mark" his territory with regards to David. I have to admit I was touched by his words.

But I still said "Hell no." :funny:

On the last day of my stay, we jogged across the Brooklyn Bridge--shirtless of course. ;) When we stopped to catch our breath, he said, "Caliph, do you see yourself being with anyone else but me?" I was winded so all I could say was simply, "No." We were both leaning against the concrete embankment.

He said, "You know how much I love you, right?" I said I was aware of that, and then I asked him, "Where did this conversation come from". He pulled out a silver ring from his shorts and held it up. I was like, "What the f_____?is that?" I immediately started looking around to see who was watching--I was so embarrassed. LOL He knew I would react that way, so he said he wasn't going to get on one knee of "any of that s____" as he put it. He acknowledged that I struggled with the idea of getting legal. But then he reminded me that he had overcome struggles for me as well.

He said, "Just take this and think about it. You don't have to wear it." I took it and just stared at it. But I didn't put it on. He kissed me and said, "A slow yes is better than a fast 'Hell No.'" :funny:

I took the ring back with me to Michigan. And eventually I said yes sloooowwwly.

It didn't happen immediately as we still had to iron out things that we bickered about i.e. which one of us would give up our last names, etc., who's moving where, etc. But we eventually tied the knot in New York at the Courthouse. Very simple. No family. Nothing flashy--not even for Lightning Strykez. :oldrazz: We both wore tuxedos and then stripped out of them for a honeymoon to Hawaii.

And that's why I've been gone for so long from the Hype. It's been a real adjustment. Jason moved to live with me in Michigan--which has been interesting since our situation is not legal here yet. Also, Michigan's a very conservative state, even in the gay community, so interracial relationships--let alone married ones--are different.

But we're getting through it. Guys and gals I've got to tell you: I have never been happier in my life. When I resigned from moderating the Hype I was sullen, angry and pissed at the world. And I had it out for so many dear people because I was so discontent inside. And the very thing I thought would be the complete antithesis to my happiness--namely marrying another dude has proven to be the biggest and best decision of my life.

Since so many of you weighed in on this thread and really helped me through it I wanted you guys to know what came of this situation. And I'm back...finally. :up:

Last edited:
Let me know when Reboot gets the Complete Series treatment. :o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back