• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Ain't Too Proud to Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, all you talk about is YOUR stories. Which is fine. But it seems like you're a bit too into yourself, so it's the height of hypocrisy to tear Godzilla down for being a bit too into herself.
Okay.

What stories are you writing? :)

Okay.

What stories are you writing? :)

Actually, a few short stories in the past year. Plus, wrote and drew my own graphic-novel. But I don't gab on and on about it.

But that's not what I'm taking you to task for. You can talk about that as much as you want. But it's cruel then to tell others "no one cares" when they talk about their own lives.

Actually, a few short stories in the past year. Plus, wrote and drew my own graphic-novel. But I don't gab on and on about it.

But that's not what I'm taking you to task for. You can talk about that as much as you want. But it's cruel then to tell others "no one cares" when they talk about their own lives.
Sigh. I was taking this lightly, but since you obviously are under-informed on the subject, I'm going to explain it.

1. I only "gabbed on and on" about what I was writing because C.Lee showed some interest. If everyone just ignored my first comment - or outright said they didn't give a **** - I wouldn't be bothered in the slightest, Imma big boy.

2. Godzilla is a bit of a special case because, she's been making those posts of hers for YEARS now. And originally, people did care. They responded and tried to give advice and help out and be supportive and whatnot, and either she totally ignored them, or disagreed with them until they finally had to give up even trying to offer any support whatsoever.

So yeah, the years have worn me down to my bluntly honest self. Even if we had all of the care and effort and knowledge in the world, it's obvious we can't help her here. And I truly hope and would like to see her actually get the help - or ear, or shoulder to cry on - that she needs to feel better. EOS, GNA.

Oh, and I want to apologize to C.Lee for interrupting a half-decent conversation with an argument. :o

It wasn't my intention at all.

The other thing I'm writing, and might try to pitch as well is a Universal Monsters Mash Up that's both very much in line with the classic characterizations of the characters, but also has some new subtexts and out there sci-fi stuff thrown in.

Like one thing I'm going to do, is revisit the concept that Dracula represents promiscuity, but add onto it that Dracula really just represents the darker side that all human beings have/are capable of.

Then I noticed that all of the Monster movies always revolve around a female love interest, so I'm developing this concept of a singular female archetype that exists throughout history and goes all the way back to the pegan Goddesses that people used to believe in pre-Judism.

There's a lot of layers to it. :o

I love the Universal monsters too.....especially the Creature from the black lagoon. There was at least one new novel published about him several years ago....don't know if there were any others.

Combining them with other concepts is a good idea to try. There is a Doc Savage fan who has created a bunch of fake book covers that combine Doc with other famous characters (such as the Universal monsters)....I think it would be cool to actually read some books based on things like that.

Here's his website http://www.miscmayhemprods.com/doc/

I love the Universal monsters too.....especially the Creature from the black lagoon. There was at least one new novel published about him several years ago....don't know if there were any others.

Combining them with other concepts is a good idea to try. There is a Doc Savage fan who has created a bunch of fake book covers that combine Doc with other famous characters (such as the Universal monsters)....I think it would be cool to actually read some books based on things like that.

Here's his website http://www.miscmayhemprods.com/doc/
I bookmarked that. :o

Yeah, I love the monsters, but I think they've kinda sucked the past 50 years or so due to not having any real reason for existing. It's not purely Dracula or Frankenstein or the Creature scaring people that made for good books and movies, it's what their stories represented. The subtext. The sexuality of Dracula, the questions of morality with Frankenstein, etc.

If a truly decent adaptation of re-envisioning of those characters can be done, it needs to be done through interjecting subtext and meaning back into the characters and their stories.

The Invisible Man is my personal favorite, just because of Claude Raines. "I think I'll throttle you..." Magnificent. :o

That's what most all of recent monster movies have lacked....a well thought out and written subtexted storyline. The new stuff is all special effects and gore....very little story.

A few years back, Universal released those great DVD box sets of their monsters...I was able to get them all. It's nice to pull them out now and then and rewatch them. I really need to get them out again (about a year ago there was a chance of us moving, so I boxed up most of my movies)....those are still packed. I think I need a marathon.

They're rereleasing them on blu-ray and in 3D in the fall.

Which makes absolutely no sense to be given how deteriorated film from the 30s is.

Some people will buy them simply because they are bluray or 3D....just so that they can say they have it on it. I grew up watching all of those movies on local over the air TV in terrible quality from years of play....so my DVDs are great

I only have Frankenstein and The Wolfman, so the Blu Ray boxset will actually be a good investment for me. I've always loved those monsters and anything having to do with them.

Dude, it's gonna be like $170 bucks total.

It'd be better just to buy the DVDs individually for $10 a piece.

Rewatching it on blu-ray, Star Wars really is a beautifully shot film.

The composition, framing, and color palates were all gorgeous.

I need to replace some of my older DVDs. I out in Backdraft, one of the first discs I ever bought and it looks liek crap now. :( Hopefully I can find it on a cheapie Blu-Ray. No wonder they reissue older movies all the time. :p

Well, if anyone knows any good artists who would be interested, feel free to let me know.

Also. Everyone who hasn't seen Heavy Metal needs to see it.

I need to replace some of my older DVDs. I out in Backdraft, one of the first discs I ever bought and it looks liek crap now. :( Hopefully I can find it on a cheapie Blu-Ray. No wonder they reissue older movies all the time. :p

if you live near a best buy, you can trade in dvds (up to 5 per visit) for $5 off coupons towards any blurays 9.99 and up

if you live near a best buy, you can trade in dvds (up to 5 per visit) for $5 off coupons towards any blurays 9.99 and up
I do live near one, but I was unaware that they had such deals. If they do here they certainly don't advertise it. :p

So I've been injury prone this whole weekend. A pulled latissimus dorsi and pulled hamstring from work. The latissimus dorsi is healed now though thanks to the wonders of Icy Hot. The hamstring is halfway healed.

However, I woke up this morning and discovered this weird injury. I must have gotten it from sleeping in awkward position.

409756_3666756075412_1901759506_n.jpg

Basically, the bottom of my "elbow armpit" is swollen and it hurts when I touch it or try to bend my arm out all the way. As you can see from the photo, it looks like somebody inserted a peach seed. I'm hoping my fellow posters will be able to give a diagnosis.

May want to lay off the mastubation.

Could be an allergic reaction to a bug bite? If anything, I'd check with a proper doctor if you think it could be something major.

I do live near one, but I was unaware that they had such deals. If they do here they certainly don't advertise it. :p

They better start...they are having to close stores up in your region....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"