Air France flight with 228 on board has gone missing mid-flight

Yeah, if I crash into the ground at least it's quick. If you're just sinking and sinking, you either slowly drown or get eaten alive by prehistoric sea creatures.
If you're in open ocean, the major shark to worry about is the oceanic white-tip. They're known to eat/attack humans, they have been linked to many shipwreck/planewreck attacks, AND it's been estimated that they may actually be the most abundant animal greater than 100 lbs (though with fishing efforts this may no longer be true).

Yeah, if I crash into the ground at least it's quick. If you're just sinking and sinking, you either slowly drown or get eaten alive by prehistoric sea creatures.

If you're in open ocean, the major shark to worry about is the oceanic white-tip. They're known to eat/attack humans, they have been linked to many shipwreck/planewreck attacks, AND it's been estimated that they may actually be the most abundant animal greater than 100 lbs (though with fishing efforts this may no longer be true).

*shudders*

I think there's a good probability that an ocean impact will have sufficent force to knock you out or even kill you right away. The worst thing I'd think is "waiting" for that impact, there's gotta be at least a few minutes where you're basically just waiting to die.

Wow.

Woman Who Missed Air France Flight Dies In Car Crash

By Mark Memmott

Here's one of those stories that seems too sad to be true:

"An Italian woman who arrived late for the Air France plane flight that crashed in the Atlantic last week has been killed in a car accident," the Times of London reports.

Johanna Ganthaler died when a car she was riding in "veered across a road in Kufstein, Austria, and swerved into an oncoming truck. Her husband was seriously injured."

The Air France jet crashed over the Atlantic Ocean on May 31. All 228 people on board are presumed dead.

12:00 PM ET | 06-11-2009

Damn, that sucks.

It's like a Final Destination plot.

Death always finds you, man.

I still do not understand why planes do not have parachutes. If you are 30,000 feet up and you know you are going down, why can't everyone head to the back and jump out? I would think more people would survive that as compared to just crashing.

I still do not understand why planes do not have parachutes. If you are 30,000 feet up and you know you are going down, why can't everyone head to the back and jump out? I would think more people would survive that as compared to just crashing.

First class.

First class has parachutes. :o

Duh.

Really? I have never ridden first class. Where do they jump out then?

I'm thinking a plummeting plane would be difficult to jump out of. Not impossible, but certainly difficult, what with G forces and whatnot. I've never understood why planes don't have sweet ejection seats or something.

He didn't write it. He typed it. fool! :p

Well it was the common sense part of me that died so that's why I didn't know the difference

Ha ha :hehe:.

Back on topic:

I kind of freaked out when I saw that woman had died.....

Does it make me a bad person if I really don't give a damn about this story?

A part of me died when you wrote this
The exits are at the back and on the wings of the plane. First class is usually up front. If the first class passengers jumped out of the entrance/loading door, they would go straight into the engines. So, that means they would have to go back through coach and jump out. Now, if you were in coach...would you think that was fair?

You know the scary things is, I'm travelling from Paris to Rio pretty soon. :(

The exits are at the back and on the wings on the plane. First class is usually up front. If the first class passengers jumped out of the entrance/loading door, they would go straight into the engines. So, that means they would have to go back through coach and jump out. Now, if you were in coach...would you think that was fair?

I don't think you are understanding. He was joking. They don't get parachutes in first class

I have never ridden in first class so I have no idea:o They could for all I know:o

I honestly do not see why the seat cushions cannot be parachutes. If you crash on land, great deal those floating seat cushions will do. If you crash in water and the plane remains intact, I am sure you are going to remember to try and take apart your seat cushion so that you have something to float on while the cabin quickly fills with water.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"