AKA Jessica Jones series

Hypestyle

Superhero
Reaction score
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/112431-twilight-screenwriter-adapting-aka-jessica-jones

We can discuss plans for the still-in the works adaptation of the "Alias" series, which featured Brian Bendis's creation Jessica Jones, the former "off-screen" superhero Jewel who retired to become a private investigator.. The series was under Marvel's "Max" banner of "adult" titles, but apparently still took place within the mainstream Marvel Universe.. occasional Marvel characters stopped by for guest appearances, often for shocking depictions.. Most significantly by the end of the run of the series, the Jones character started a romance with Luke Cage and became more involved with the mainstream Marvel world, including the Avengers..

Was JUST coming on here to post this

I HATE how all the news sites are putting in the headlines that she's just the Twilight movie writer, doesn't give her any credit at all.

They don't mention that she was head writer then became Executive Producer of Dexter before she left after season four.

I'll definitely give this a shot, but I'm a little fuzzy on how someone involved with 'Dexter' can also be involved with the 'Twilight' franchise.

Hopefully the show is good.

I thought they were going to name this show Alter Ego. I still think it's a better title.

I'll definitely give this a shot, but I'm a little fuzzy on how someone involved with 'Dexter' can also be involved with the 'Twilight' franchise.

She understands demographic.

I thought they were going to name this show Alter Ego. I still think it's a better title.
It'll probably be called that AKA Jessica Jones sounds like a Nickelodeon show.

And I doubt they'd call it Alias since ABC already had one popular series named that.

I think this would be an interesting vehicle. I like Jessica and it could even be an interesting vehicle to crossover with a Cage movie if we ever get one, since I doubt the actor for that is going to be someone huge.

ABC seems like a strange fit how will it incorporate all the anal sex and drug use.

Either way I don't see this lasting long.

It would be a better fit for Showtime IMO. It'll definately be toned down. But who knows...I saw CBS imply a oral sex scene on the Good wife... So anything goes these days as long as it's subtle.

Does anyone know what the deal is with Marvel using properties like Spiderman and X-men in Live Action Television? Does Sony have the rights to Spiderman television shows aswell as movie rights? Just curious because it seems to me that Jessica Jones has ties to a lot of other heroes... maybe Marvel can introduce other characters through this series... like Daredevil, Luke Cage and Iron Fist... Maybe even Spiderman or Captain America.

Has there been any news on this project or even on the new Hulk series?

Strange that NBC's Wonder Woman is leaps and bounds ahead of the ABC Marvel projects and last update had these targeted for this fall season too.

They're going to waste Carol Danvers on this s***?

ugh. Save her for Avengers II!

Of all the Marvel TV shows in development, this is the one I'm looking forward to the most. Hopefully we'll get to see smaller Marvel characters in live action with Jessica Jones solving cases week to week.

They're going to waste Carol Danvers on this s***?

ugh. Save her for Avengers II!

:whatever:

There's nothing quite like someone saying a show is **** without having seen it. :o

And whose to say she can't be in an Avengers sequel anyway?!

ABC seems like a strange fit how will it incorporate all the anal sex and drug use.

Either way I don't see this lasting long.

Why would this show incorporate any of that? Why is there seemingly abundant anal sex in the comic anyway? What's the point of that?

..hopefully the show will do better than no ordinary family (which was canceled prematurely, IMO).. I guess they may try and pair it with a female-centric drama.. then again, it might pay off to pair it with Dancing with the stars as the lead-in.. push Castle to another night..

It was confirmed that Luke Cage is a supporting character, which is awesome.

Yeah, private investigator superhero angle is probably the best sell that Marvel has for TV, with the exception of Hulk, I think. Too bad Powers is on the same track, or perhaps not, perhaps ABC will wait to see how Powers does first. -shrug-

It has a lot of promise, I think.

Kinda hoping that if they introduce Luke Cage... they will also at some point introduce Danny Rand too.

And then they can spin it into their own show.

If they appear enough in this series... there would be no need for their own show... I'd just like to see a kick@$$ version of Heros for Hire!

after hearing that a Marvel superhero character is to appear in

Castle

the general theory is that it's gonna be one of the characters on this show

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back