Alan Moore Still Not Interested

Basically, this project is BS. No Moore Watchmen Snyder Movie

Have fun pouting and whining and not even giving this movie a chance just because Moore said so.

I, on the other hand, am gonna enjoy the hell out of what I expect to be a great movie. Man, being optimisitic is so much more fun!

Im sorry guys, but project is in the wrong hands. It's not about how the movie looks, but how well it tells a HIGHLY complex story. Which this will fail in doing.

Im sorry guys, but project is in the wrong hands. It's not about how the movie looks, but how well it tells a HIGHLY complex story. Which this will fail in doing.

Really? I said nothing about how the movie looks. From literally everything that's been reported, they're staying extremely true to the complex storyline and the deeper philosophical messages behind it. Everything we've heard about it has indicated that they're doing a fantastic job, much better than most would have suspected.

Now my question to you is ... have you actually been following up on this, reading the stuff that's being discussed on the board? Or have you just ignored everything because of Moore's attitude?

PP-DBC0050~Hum-Phabet-R-Posters.jpg

Time%20mag%20you.jpg

Alan_Moore.jpg

32EJ_03_n.jpg

soccer_gertie_ball_from_gertieballcom.jpg

inside_shop.jpg

How do you know? Seriously, what gives you this idea? Is it just because Alan Moore said so, because he has no idea what this movie will be like. He didn't dismiss it cuz he saw they were doing a bad job, he dismissed it because the last time he got involved with a movie based on his books they screwed him over and he's (reasonably) bitter about it.

I think we should all learn to ignore posts like this.

There is no evidence whatsoever to support your claim. Granted there is none either to make us believe this movie will blow us away. The reasoning behind both these conclusions, however, is the fact that it's a movie adaptation of The Watchmen. And that is enough for people to make statements based on nothing.

Moore is smart to stay away from this movie. I have no faith in its translation of the source material.

Moore is smart to stay away from this movie. I have no faith in its translation of the source material.

Hey, good luck with that.

All I want to know is if the film turns out fantastic, will 8blades admit it? He seems so devoted to his cause, that he wouldn't even admit he actually likes the movie. Well, we'll find out in March.

way to phone it in on that one.:whatever:

I think what he's trying to say is good luck being negative and pessmistic about this movie and not even giving it a chance. We'll be over here having fun anticipating what looks to be a great film.

my cynical nature has kept me from being let down time and time again.
Considering the scope of the source material, the level of love and expectation comic readers have, jointed with the tendency we all have to not forgive the slightest digression in continuity and translation, I fully expect this movie to be lampooned and hated for years.
Alan Moore was wist to keep his distance. He has never had a faithful adaptation, and I doubt he ever will. That said I'm going back to another thread. I won't bother you again unless someone asks a direct question.
Enjoy the movie.

Considering the scope of the source material, the level of love and expectation comic readers have, jointed with the tendency we all have to not forgive the slightest digression in continuity and translation, I fully expect this movie to be lampooned and hated for years.
Alan Moore was wist to keep his distance. He has never had a faithful adaptation, and I doubt he ever will. That said I'm going back to another thread. I won't bother you again unless someone asks a direct question.
Enjoy the movie.

There's a difference between being wisely skeptical of the film's faithfulness and completely disregarding the possibility of the film being so. Your decision to take the latter category shows how much you've actually read about this movie's production.

There's no reason to be depressingly cynical in regards to this film - especially when not even a shred of footage has been seen yet.

There's a difference between being wisely skeptical of the film's faithfulness and completely disregarding the possibility of the film being so. Your decision to take the latter category shows how much you've actually read about this movie's production.

There's no reason to be depressingly cynical in regards to this film - especially when not even a shred of footage has been seen yet.
give it time.
I have watched what little there is to see, and i am going with my gut.
This movie will disappoint.
period.

Disappoint period...on what level?

What specifically do you think they will get wrong?

give it time.
I have watched what little there is to see, and i am going with my gut.
This movie will disappoint.
period.

You can't say "period" because the visuals are part of the movie - and they haven't disappointed.

How do you know this exactly? Crystal ball?

There is nothing to suggest so far from anything I've seen that they're doing the movie "wrong".

Just the opposite, in fact. Production seems to be going well. And so far all we have to judge on is the look of the sets and costumes, and it's very encouraging.

It's not the same as V For Vendetta, where very early on it was obvious they made a lot of big changes from the book.

Enjoy the movie.

Maybe you're like that, but I like to believe that i'm open-minded enough to accept and even appreciate certain changes where they're necessary.

I'll be honest, if they change the giant squid into something less complicated that allows them to cut out an uneeded subplot, while at the same time keeping intact the basic concept behind scaring the world into peace using a hoax of an invasion, i'll gladly accept it. In fact, I'll go so far as to say it's what they should do.

A lot of the prior scripts did that, and I didn't mind (there were other things i hated about those scripts). Giant space laser, blue energy storm, whatever it is doens't really matter. It all serves the same purpose and has the same meaning, but the others are just capable of being explained in less time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"