The Black Freighter

I think it would work best as an animated short on the dvd, either cut into the movie or as a separate piece.

It could be a Saturday morning cartoon show briefly shown in the movie with 80s style animation sound effects and voice actors. Then on the DVD you could see the entire episode.

do we need a reflection of whats happening to the characters? I would rather that time be spent on adding details important to the story, not another story reflecting the main story.

as i've said they will have to be very creative with how they present The Pirate story, it doesnt have to be a subplot (there are other more important subplots to tackle), they could still have the boy read the comics, maybe have the kid do voice overs of what he reads from the comic and juxtapose that with the relatable elements in the movie. i know that's not the most creative way of doing it (i'm not even sure its possible), but The Pirate stroy can be included in some way or form.

Okay, how bout this:

Don't include it, not exactly, unless they have the budget to film it and include it in the DVD.

However, they should acknowledge its existence; make note of the fact that in a world where superheroes exist, superhero comics don't have the same appeal, so the industry is dominated by pirate comics, like Tales of the Black Freighter.

like an easter egg. yeah i guess i could live with that.

maybe as a pixar-esque short film before the movie (and i mean pixar esque in terms of how they always have a short before their movies) or put it on the movie's website

maybe as a pixar-esque short film before the movie (and i mean pixar esque in terms of how they always have a short before their movies) or put it on the movie's website

I love the idea of having it as a comic hand out in the theater. It makes much more sense, being as The Black Freighter was supposed to be a comic book within the comic book universe that is Watchmen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"