Albert Hughes "Motor City" (Cooper, Oldman)

kvz5

HBIC
Staff member
Reaction score
First post-Oscar nod project for Oldman?

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/gary-oldman-motor-city-286512

Gary Oldman to Play Bad Guy in 'Motor City'

Gary Oldman, riding high from a best actor Oscar nomination for his work in Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, is in final negotiations to play the villain in Motor City, a Dark Castle revenge thriller being directed by Albert Hughes. Warner Bros. is distributing.

Dominic Cooper, who caught the town’s eye with his performance in The Devil’s Double, and Amber Heard are starring in the pic, about a small time hood who is framed and sent to prison, only to exact revenge years later to get back the woman he loves.

Oldman, who worked with Hughes on Book of Eli, will act as a kingpin-type pulling the strings and who has his hooks into the woman.

Chad St. John wrote the script. Joel Silver and Andrew Rona are producing.

An April start in Berlin is being eyed.

Oldman, repped by Paradigm, Douglas Urbanski Group and Loeb and Loeb, next reprises his role as Commissioner Gordon is The Dark Knight Rises. He also has the ensemble period crime movie The Wettest County in the can.

Amber Heard and Gary Oldman are in this? Great. Judging by what I've heard of the Script, could be 2013's Drive.

http://thefilmstage.com/news/jake-gyllenhaal-replaces-dominic-cooper-in-motor-city/

Jake Gyllenhaal Replaces Dominic Cooper In ‘Motor City’

Jake Gyllenhaal has come aboard Albert Hughes‘ drama Motor City, as he will be taking over for Dominic Cooper, who dropped out due to his schedule (possibly for Brian De Palma‘s Passion?). Gyllenhaal will be joined by Amber Heard and Gary Oldman in the Warner Bros. film. [Variety]

Chad St. John’s script, which reached the 2009 Black List, follows a small time hood (Gyllenhaal) who is framed and sent to prison, only to exact revenge years later on a kingpin-type (Oldman) to get back the woman (Heard) he loves.” The film reportedly only has one line of dialogue, which greatly intrigues me. Hughes, who last co-helmed The Book of Eli, has quite a visual eye and I hope he pulls this off.

As for Gyllenhaal, the actor has been keeping things steady, but only has one film hitting theaters this year, the David Ayer cop drama End of Watch. After Source Code last year, he seems to be staying in the same type of genre and while I’ve been more impressed with Cooper late, this isn’t a shabby replacement.

Oh. :funny:

http://www.deadline.com/2012/03/jake-gyllenhaal-backs-out-of-motor-city/

Jake Gyllenhaal Backs Out Of ‘Motor City’

EXCLUSIVE: It looked good there for a day but Jake Gyllenhaal’s deal to star in the Albert Hughes-directed Motor City has veered off the road. Talks fell apart, over scheduling, I hear. The actor wanted to push the dates and financier Dark Castle did not. They are putting together lists for another actor to star in the film in the role of an ex-military man who is framed and sees his life and gal taken away by the bad guy. Gary Oldman and Amber Heard are already set in the Chad St. John-scripted film.

Casting Director:
Bring me the one they call Jeremy Renner.

But on a serious note, it's hard to find young/fresh actors for this role since everyone is busy.

Tom Hardy has Mad Max. Both Jeremy Renner and Michael Fassbender have The Councilor. Chris Hemsworth has Thor 2. My boy Ryan Gosling has 'Only God Forgives' and the two Terrence Malick movies to shoot.

So that leaves...Shia LaBeef. ;)

jake probably read the script and smartened up

they'll probably get Kitsch

This film has one line of dialogue? I wonder how that's going to work.

But on a serious note, it's hard to find young/fresh actors for this role since everyone is busy.

Tom Hardy has Mad Max. Both Jeremy Renner and Michael Fassbender have The Councilor. Chris Hemsworth has Thor 2. My boy Ryan Gosling has 'Only God Forgives' and the two Terrence Malick movies to shoot.

So that leaves...Shia LaBeef. ;)

Gosling is only doing one Malick film (Lawless).

Apparently Chris Evans turned this down too.

This film has one line of dialogue? I wonder how that's going to work.

IIRC there's like 5 lines of dialogue. The script was interesting though.

Also 'Out of the Furance' has a similar premise and 70's vibe. so this better get someone good because the other one has Christian Bale, Casey Affleck and possibly Viggo Mortenson.

doninick cooper is'nt a big name at all and originally had the role

Taylor Lautner FTW!

Please, Gary, run away from this project!
But if not, at least get Ben Foster, he is excellent and horribly underrated.

Renner. Maybe.

http://twitchfilm.com/news/2012/03/is-jeremy-renner-headed-to-motor-city.php

IS JEREMY RENNER HEADED TO MOTOR CITY?

Director Albert Hughes has not had an easy time casting his upcoming Motor City.

The revenge picture based on a Black List script by Chad St John began moving towards production back in August, shortly after Hughes walked from Akira, with the lead role initially offered to Chris Evans. After they couldn't work it out with Evans it was offered to the up and coming Dominic Cooper, who initially said yes but then had to drop out due to schedule problems. Then it appears that they'd found their man with Jake Gyllenhaal, who also said yes then checked his schedule the next day and said "Whoopsie, that doesn't work for me, either."

So where to next? With a proposed start date looming Twitch has learned that an offer is now out to Jeremy Renner and discussions have begun. Renner, though, has made a public play for a major role in the Ridley Scott directed / Cormac McCarthy scripted The Counselor - a part for which he is up against Javier Bardem - and should he land that part he'll be unavailable for the next while with The Counselor commencing production in May.

So, you got that? It's not Evans, Cooper or Gyllenhaal but assuming he loses the part he wants in The Counselor to Javier Bardem, and the rest of his schedule works out, Jeremy Renner may be playing the lead part in Motor City.

Thats funny lol but sucks that Cooper dropped hes a good actor I hope he becomes a big star but Renner good enough replacment.

Renner, Oldman, and Heard? I've had dreams like this...

Personally, i don't think Renner will do it because I think he'll take the Counselor instead. I wouldn't blame him unless Javier Bardem is a lock-in.

I'm not sure if Oldman is still in the movie. He signed up for an April start, then the movie got pushed back to September (according to Gerard Butler, it starts then). But he now signed up for Robocop which starts in September as well. So maybe the movie will happen, but with someone else :whatever:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"