Sci-Fi Alien: Romulus (2024)

As far as I've been able to ascertain thus far, it's basically Alien again but with *shudders*

x-men-young.gif

Kinda sounds like the Evil Dead remake Fede made.

I'm going to be very cautious until I see the movie. The Exorcist: Believer burned me very badly.

I'm really worn out on bad sequels and reboots and the lack of original stories.

I've said it before on these boards but they have a perfect concept for a movie that involves taking inspiration from Kenner's old Aliens toyline.

Kenner_line_of_toys.jpg

Just check out that top row. Gorilla Alien, Rhino Alien, Panther Alien, Snake Alien, etc. In all these movies we've only ever seen Xenomorphs use humans or dogs as hosts. Why not change that? Have a ship that's hauling animals, basically "Noah's Ark in Space". Some way or another Xenomorphs get thrown into the mix, everything goes awry, we get a whole bunch of fancy new aliens that were birthed from all kinds of exotic animals.

Is it a rehash of Aliens? Theoretically, but at least it's something different that could be a lot of fun.

Damn, Drizzle, you've got me eagerly wanting to watch a movie that won't ever happen.

Damn, Drizzle, you've got me eagerly wanting to watch a movie that won't ever happen.
The thing is, it can happen. There's gotta be some director or screenwriter out there who played with those toys as a kid and wants to put all of that on the screen.

I desperately need this to be good.

“It’s supposed to slot in between the first movie and the second movie,” Spaney tells Variety’s Michaela Zee. “They brought the same team from ‘Aliens,’ the James Cameron film. The same people who built those xenomorphs actually came on and built ours. So getting to see the original design with the original people who have been working on these films for 45-plus years and has been so much of their life has been really incredible.”

Negative interest in this because Fede Alvarez is an incompetent hack. Totally irrelevant as well with the inevitably superior Hawley series in the works.
I agree on both terms. I struggle to understand what people see in Alvarez based on his filmography. Hawley might have had a big misstep with his feature film, but he has more than proven himself in TV with both Fargo and Legion. I'm somewhat interested in this movie but his version is definitely the one I'm looking forward to more as well.

Alvarez has made 2 of my favorite horror films of the 2010's, so that alone has me insanely hyped. One of them I consider one of the best remakes ever so there's that.
Evil Dead 2013 still shreds.

Evil Dead 2013 has some nice moments, starts pretty rough but has a very fun climax. Don't Breathe is just idiotically written, misogynistic filth and The Girl in the Spider's Web is pure hackwork. Cannot wait see how his notoriously gross fixation on poorly handled sexually violence will pair with the Alien franchise!

I really wish Ridley Scott would just leave this franchise alone after what happened with Alien Covenant. I don't know why he's suddenly so attached after not having been involved since the original movie. Is the dude that envious of how all of James Cameron's contributions are used so often?

And yeah, Covenant sucked HARD. It's worse than Alien 3. At least with that movie they had no concrete ideas locked down and everyone regretted the finished product. No so with Covenant. The worst part is him seeming trying to retcon the Xenomorphs.....only for that to not be the case. Apparently that movie only takes place 15 years before what happened with the Nostromo and we know the infamous derelict on LV-426 was there for millennia, so, no, David didn't actually create the Xenomorphs as we know then; just an offshoot breed of them. Problem is Ridley Scott didn't tell anyone that before or after the fact! He's so far up his own butt that he's having corn for dinner!

Honestly, I'd rather see Cameron produce an Alien project for a change. People like him more anyway.

Hey I’m not trying to upset anyone or trash the movie it’s just my least favourite for reasons that I can absolutely understand are not the norm among alien fans. It’s really just down to my personal taste, I’m not saying 3 & resurrection are amazing movies by any means, I just find more enjoyment in them.
I disagree with you, but you can like what you like and your point is well reasoned and respectful.

I personally find things to like in the original 4, AvP, Prometheus and covenant. But the original two stand above the rest.

Was there a director's cut of Alien 3?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"