Amazon's The Tick

I dig it.

It's what it probably always should have been, although it is a little plain. Honestly I think the insectoid armour detail on the first suit (and to a lesser extent, the second one) was a good idea, just not implemented that well. But this is cool, and you can't say it's not pretty faithful.

edit

Last edited:
Nice! Hadn’t seen the new suit. Looks perfect.

It's about time. They practically went radio silent after they announced the second season.

I'm up to episode 4 and its terrific - just like every other adaptation of the classic NEC comic. The tight run times have really helped imo and I would love to see this with the Disney Plus shows. I know the majority of the Netflix Marvel offerings would have been greatly improved if an editor took a chainsaw to each episode.

I'm still kicking myself for not picking up originals of Mr. Edlund's work when I was shopping at my New England Comics branch back in the day. But I was spending my money on Sandman and too damn cool (not really!) for Tick style silliness.

I'm up to episode 4 and its terrific - just like every other adaptation of the classic NEC comic. The tight run times have really helped imo and I would love to see this with the Disney Plus shows. I know the majority of the Netflix Marvel offerings would have been greatly improved if an editor took a chainsaw to each episode.

I'm still kicking myself for not picking up originals of Mr. Edlund's work when I was shopping at my New England Comics branch back in the day. But I was spending my money on Sandman and too damn cool (not really!) for Tick style silliness.

Edlund really has knocked it out of the park each time with his creation. Each version is always recognizably The Tick and his world but seamlessly adapted to the format it is going for. The toon was an excellent Saturday morning cartoon. The Fox show was a quirky sitcom. The Amazon show is totally inline with the current world of super hero shows with good budgets in the streaming era.

Just finished and couldn't be happier. Can't wait until other Hypesters catch up.

Lots to talk about.

I would say it's better than every season of every CW show. Ditto every season of AoS.

AOS season 4 was great, but I have to agree. Season 2 of the Tick was absolutely delightful. Those singing baby lobsters were adorable!

Was that Tick's first SPOON! call on the finale?

AOS season 4 was great, but I have to agree. Season 2 of the Tick was absolutely delightful. Those singing baby lobsters were adorable!

Was that Tick's first SPOON! call on the finale?

I want to say he said it in season one... I think he picked it up after drinking coffee at the bodega. Don't quote me on that though.

I want to say he said it in season one... I think he picked it up after drinking coffee at the bodega. Don't quote me on that though.

he definitely said it in the first season, but it was more like, "hm. Spoon."

The writing for this show was very clever. Edge Lord was probably my favorite new character. I think my favorite gag though was people on the net already realizing Ms. Lint's identity and she says, "How can they tell it's me? I'm wearing a mask!"

Well, this stinks. Season 2 was fantastic!
It's a shame a great show like The Tick can't find traction in an era of peak superhero.

Damn it. I still haven't finished season 2 but I love this show. Maybe it will find another home.

Hope it finds a new home. Ben Edlund's plans for season 3 sounded like they would be really fun. Season 2 was great.

Boo urns. This is why it's so hard to get into new shows.

At least we got two seasons out of it.

Such a shame, I think Peter was the PERFECT Tick. Like, l can’t imagine a better live action performance of the character.

Man, it seems like every great show that I like gets canceled. I was really looking forward to season 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"