American Anime???, Just a short list.

mybotisgone

Civilian
Reaction score
I was just remembering a long time ago seeing a short list of American Anime made in the US. I think the guy who made the list was judging on three things. Art and stile as well as story telling. Now I'm a real fan big Anime fan, I did like some of them. But the guy who made this list was a big fan. And the sad thing is his link is now gone, so don't ask me for it.

1.) The Transformers: The Movie, The animated one. But that's do to this list coming out before the live action version came out. Yes it was mostly animated by a Japanese Anime company. The English version is the real one. The Japanese version is the duded one.

2.) Aeon Flux. This one came as close to any other to looking like a Japanese Anime. Even the Wachowski Brothers where fooled. When they where doing there The Animatrix they ask all the Japanese Anime companies where to find the guy that animated Aeon Flux only to find out that Peter Chung a Korean American living in the US.

3.) Heavy Metal. Don't ask me why. But it's on the list. Based on a French magazine of the same name.

Well, that's it. There may be more, but i don't know. I do know that Exo-Squad was close it making to the list. Maybe there was more deaths in that cartoon then any other saturday cartoon made in the US. I don't hate Anime. I'm just bring up a list of Anime made in the US that supposedly came close to other type of Anime. But anyways what do you think?

I just wanted to add Spawn the animated series. That should have been on the list.

I loved Exo Squad. The animation wasn't exactly ground breaking. But the storyline & the way the show carried itself almost as a tv drama would was pure win.

I loved Exo Squad. The animation wasn't exactly ground breaking. But the storyline & the way the show carried itself almost as a tv drama would was pure win.

Yea, I agree. Exo-Squad was great. To bad the Exo-Squad: Robotech toy line got a lot of Anime fans made at Exo-Squad. Namely my cousin. When I told him how good Exo-Squad was. He yelled at me for an hour calling Exo-Squad and an insult to Robotech, and kicked me out of his house. He later told me I was never welcomed back. The producers of the show had nothing to do with the toy line, that was the toy company. That got a lot of Anime fans made and most blamed the The producers. Mostly because Universal owned the copyright and did nothing to stop the toy company.

InvidShockTrooperExoMIB1a.jpg

My cousin was not a vary smart person when it came to the Exo-Squad: Robotech toy line.:csad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"