American Made

My review

It's a charming crime thriller that has something to say. This role was almost made for Cruise even through it is based on real events. He's anchoring this movie with ease, it's probably the most fun he's had in a while. They do a decent enough job on covering what the CIA and the White House was doing during the 70s and 80s with the drug war. The movie spends most of it's runtime having fun until things get too crazy which makes the drama more effective. Overall, it was enjoyable from start to finish.
8.5/10

I thought it was a decent, not great film. Decent performances all around and moved at a nice clip. I'd say a few too many montages though.

I enjoyed this. It wasn't great or anything but a good, fairly fun film in which Cruise really shined. Other than Mission Impossible films, I haven't enjoyed Tom this much in years.

Outside of the MI movies, I thought it was one of his stronger roles in a while.

Doug Liman and his Power !!!!!!!! ;) ;)

But seriously tho, first Edge of Tomorrow (2014) and nao this. Liman and Cruise has developed a great partnership. Looking forward to their next collaboration (sequel to EoT)

This actually kinda hearkened back to stuff like Cocktail, Jerry Maguire, etc. I feel like those roles he really shines in as opposed to just the actioners.

And The Color of Money.

Also could Caleb Landry Jones look any more convincing a strung out redneck crack addict?

I still hope he does a straight comedy one day as the main star. I know he was attached to that Hardy Boys sequel where he and Ben Stiller were gonna play them as adults that have to get back into the detective business, but guess it fell through.

Between Liman and McQuarrie, Cruise looks like he’s found a couple of good directors who know how to utilize his strengths.

This was pretty good. I thought it was a bit slow at times. This really was a Cruise movie, I feel all the other performances were fine but nothing specatular. Wish we got to see more of some of the other actors I know who are great (like Jesse Plemons)

I wouldn't go out of my way to see it again, but it was cool.

This actually kinda hearkened back to stuff like Cocktail, Jerry Maguire, etc. I feel like those roles he really shines in as opposed to just the actioners.
Nice to see some love for Cocktail.

I still hope he does a straight comedy one day as the main star. I know he was attached to that Hardy Boys sequel where he and Ben Stiller were gonna play them as adults that have to get back into the detective business, but guess it fell through.

Ship might've sailed but I would've loved that Les Grossman from Tropic Thunder movie

I'm actually interested in watching this.

Watched this at the weekend and really enjoyed it. I felt Cruise stepped well out of Ethan Hunt's shadow and brought a real vibrancy to the role. The story and pacing never let up either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"