• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ang Lee's 'Gemini Man' (Will Smith)

Don’t think it will flop, probably just break even.

I think there is another twist like old Will Smith is also a clone and he killed him self when he was younger and didn’t know it.

I hope that will have chances for best visual effects at best...
Trailer did Nothing to me.
Best VFX will probably go to Scorsese's Irishman if that's done on time.

They mention, "Why don't you make an army from him."

I hope that's the twist.. We see hundreds of Will Smiths marching off to war.

giphy.gif

Best VFX will probably go to Scorsese's Irishman if that's done on time.
Depends on which approach is better and also if Gemini Man isn't a complete flop with critics. If its gets decent reviews and is the better approach it coulld beat The Irishman.

Although I guess doing two actors instead one might give The Irishman an advantage.

Clive Owen is sleepwalking.

“Will, I’m gonna need more Six Degrees of Separation and less Collateral Beauty here, please.”

I definitely preferred the International Trailer more than the Domestic! The film looks like it has a lot of cool action, a great cast, and impressive VFX, aside from a few shots.

Last edited:
The action looked fun, even if a bit CGI heavy. The de-aged Will Smith looks ok. But the movie looks intriguing.

The deaging looks to me. I'm always impressed except for Terminator Genysis. Some action shots are what looks iffy to me.

Looks like an interesting and fun action film though

New 'Gemini Man' Trailer Sees Will Smith Throwing a Motorcycle at Himself

Earlier this week, I got to see a few finished scenes from the film, and while I can’t say exactly what they entail I can confirm a few positive things. Besides a couple of super-quick moments that cross over into uncanny territory, Lee and the folks over at WETA Digita have really created something extraordinary with the younger Will Smith character, a completely digital creation that Lee insisted we know is not just the “de-aging” technique we’ve seen in several Marvel movies. Lee hasn’t really dipped his hand totally into action since 2003’s Hulk, but the fight choreography here is frenetic and impressive, especially when you consider one half of the tussle doesn’t technically exist. And Smith puts in a great performance—a reminder for anyone who forgot he is an Oscar-nominee after a few years and one horrifically blue face—with a clear separation in emotions between the older character and his younger clone.[/QUOTE/]

Last edited:
People! We all know Cats is sweeping the Oscars in every category.

Will Smith on the challenges of creating a younger version of himself for 'Gemini Man'

“The biggest problem I’ve been saying is that Will is a much better actor today than 30 years ago,” shared the Oscar-winning director, to which Smith added, “Ang would show me some of my old performances and he’d say, ‘Look at this. That’s not good, I need you to do that.’ So I got to see all of the tragedies that I committed in entertainment [laughs].” Luckily for Smith, he now has that 30 extra years of acting under his belt, something he thinks was necessary to be able to pull off both roles. “At 23 years old, I couldn’t even have comprehended what [Lee] was trying to say and what he was trying to capture,” he admits. “Timing-wise in my life, the reflection, to have to think about what you are and what you have done, to be able to look at a younger version of yourself that’s walking a very similar path and to wrestle with regret and to have an opportunity to potentially cleans — I can relate to that a whole lot more than I would have been able to at 23.”

And that experience has led Smith to turn in “an Academy Award-winning performance,” according to Bruckheimer, who first worked with Smith on 1995’s Bad Boys. Knowing that the technology means nothing without a “compelling human story,” Lee says of his star: “This guy is really putting himself out there.”

But even if he manages to score his illusive first Oscar, Smith’s future salary will have nothing on the cost of getting it for him. Cracks Lee, “Junior in the movie is twice as expensive as Will Smith.”

Yeah I still think this looks pretty awesome shoddy effects aside. I'm really digging the concept so far and I love the retro 90's feel it has.

Is there anything interesting about this beyond the shallow gimmick of Will Smith vs. the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"