Annapolis trailer

My friend knows Justin Lin, who also directed "Better Luck Tommarow". She told me on how he struggled with Paramount with that movie, and he ended up being the victor.

Then I found out that he was working on Annapolis, and I was like "He has made it!"

Then I found out that he is going to work on "Fast and the Furious 3". I called up my friend and told her to slap Justin for me. Why Justin?

Annapolis looks good and could get a lot of attention to a new up and coming director. But Fast and the Furious 3, Justin? Even my friend doesn't know why he picked that movie..(Well...money, but was there something else?)

Perhaps he'll make an accurate rendition of the Tokyo racing scene.

Brewster's lookin' damn good, and man, Franco got pretty ripped.

As opposed to Tyrese, who always looks like he's taken several steroid shakes. :p

Stupid macromaedia player freezing every 2 &%$"/ seconds,then it froze to a dead stop:(

i saw the trailer for this today when i went to see into the blue.

Finally got to see it,The film looks very good:up:

Here's a saveable QT version

Hi-Res
qtlogo.jpg
(26.6Mb)
Full Screen
qtlogo.jpg
(49.2Mb)

saw this movie today and while it was a good military movie I can see why the Navy isnt putting support behind this movie. Being in the Navy myself there were a lot of things happening that couldnt/wouldnt happen in today's Navy. As an instructor myself there were more than a few cringe inducing scenes.

I saw it last night. It was a good movie, but resembles An Officer and A Gentleman alot IMO.

roach said:
saw this movie today and while it was a good military movie I can see why the Navy isnt putting support behind this movie. Being in the Navy myself there were a lot of things happening that couldnt/wouldnt happen in today's Navy. As an instructor myself there were more than a few cringe inducing scenes.

I'd be interested in finding out what's really involved. I don't have any military experience but I've always assumed that the training was very different from the Army and the Marines.

the training is very similar to what is depicted but the racial remarks made by the instructors wouldnt fly. In fact just this week an instructor was kicked out for making a sexually immature remark. The person the remark was made towards wasnt bothered by it but the instructor was still kicked out. The fat Plebe would have never gotten in as they are height/weight as soon as they arrive. If they arent in standards they are sent home.

Roger Ebert gave this movie * 1/2 lol

roach said:
the training is very similar to what is depicted but the racial remarks made by the instructors wouldnt fly. In fact just this week an instructor was kicked out for making a sexually immature remark. The person the remark was made towards wasnt bothered by it but the instructor was still kicked out. The fat Plebe would have never gotten in as they are height/weight as soon as they arrive. If they arent in standards they are sent home.

Those instructors did get on my nerves.

Instructors are there to break a person down and then build them into sailors. I didnt see that happen here. They seemed to happy to hurt their people.

Is Annapolis worth 2 hours of time? im asking because stupid Netflix mixed up my order and sent Annapolis instead Gargoyles :( :mad: :rolleyes:

I just saw this crap. The movie that doesn't know if its a military academy or boxing flic.:down

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"