Any of the new mmo's spark your interest?

Fading

---
Reaction score
A new wave of MMO's are coming out this year, and was wondering if any of you plan on playing any of them. I quite WoW awhile back myself, so might try a new one out, but not sure which. Anyway so far I've heard of these coming out within the next year or so.

1. Stargate Worlds. For fans of the Stargate series, you get to be human, Jaffa, and a few other races. They already have a website up and in-game screenshots and conept art. I liked the series, but not sure if I'll play this or not.

2. Star Trek Online. No need to describe it, most ppl know what Star Trek is and know if this game is for them or not. I hear you can be a captain and get your own ship and crew, and obviously plenty of races to play as. I'm not sure but have been told it will look and feel a bit like WoW in graphics and movement.

3. Firefly Online. I always liked the series, and if the game is done well I might give it a try. This has been confirmed as coming out as well, the developers are Multiverse which are primarily made of developers that left another company (forget which).

4. Marvel Universe Online. I know it'll be on the X-Box 360, but am pretty sure it will be on computer as well. If it's anything like City of Heroes it should be fun, but better since it's established characters, and you don't have to worry about your character getting deleted because it resembles a Marvel one. Look for 20,000 Batman and Superman clones to pop up tho.

There are others as well, just not sure what other big ones are coming out if anyone wants to add to the list.

A Stargate MMO? I didn't know. :eek:

Nathan said:
A Stargate MMO? I didn't know. :eek:

Ya, this is the site I found on it.

http://www.stargateworlds.com/

there's a gallery there showing some in game shots like

1fd1c41e-0281-4014-8da4-bfa486f17ecd.jpg

b4cf2596-9764-4e1b-8b75-e86c526ca6fb.jpg

1494cbc3-82d6-47cb-a737-10bdfb41ece7.jpg

1ba55037-5404-49f4-afc3-7dbfd2a94ffc.jpg

7507ed42-7edb-4ca0-9484-aa6449980b9b.jpg

The Marvel, Stargate, and Firefly all look good to me. Only problem with Firefly tho is while it has a decent fanbase, it probably won't have many suscribers. If I'm going to play an MMO, I like to be able to see other ppl in my time in the game.

age of Conan!
Firefly, maybe stargate.. or that MMORPG from the dude who helped create everquest...

I'll so gonna be a Jaffar. :up: I always wanted to have one of those staff weapons.

What does the stargate game cost?
Do you just buy the software or do you have to keep paying for it.

You buy the game and then have to keep paying for it which is the downside of any MMO. Plus side being you're typically playing with thousands of other ppl in game at any given time. Like with Stargate it'll probably be $50 for the game, and then $10-15 a month after that. Plus side tho is you'll see other actual ppl running in and out of the military base or helping you on missions to kill computer opponents, and other human players playing as jaffa or one of the other races like Unas (I believe that's one of the other races) could interfere.

Marvel and Warhammer Online, though I haven't checked out the progress on either one in a while.

Right now I'm just amazed at how much free time I have after I quit WoW.

Unless it looks like an utter turd, I'll give Marvel a try (even if I have to buy a 360). I just hope it has more depth than CoH.

FadingCB said:
You buy the game and then have to keep paying for it which is the downside of any MMO. Plus side being you're typically playing with thousands of other ppl in game at any given time. Like with Stargate it'll probably be $50 for the game, and then $10-15 a month after that. Plus side tho is you'll see other actual ppl running in and out of the military base or helping you on missions to kill computer opponents, and other human players playing as jaffa or one of the other races like Unas (I believe that's one of the other races) could interfere.

World of Warcraft doesn't make you keep paying anymore.:o
Why would anyone want to be an Unas? They're rather dumb and have stone age level tech.

Kritish said:
Why would anyone want to be an Unas? They're rather dumb and have stone age level tech.

WoW doesn't have a subscription fee anymore? It did while I played it, pretty sure it's $15 a month still as it has been since right after beta.

Agreed on the Unas thing tho lol. They are just trying to fill in the races tho, I think having only 2 playable races would turn ppl off. Chances are it'll be human, jaffa, unas, those grey aliens (name eludes me atm), and a few others.

FadingCB said:
WoW doesn't have a subscription fee anymore? It did while I played it, pretty sure it's $15 a month still as it has been since right after beta.

Agreed on the Unas thing tho lol. They are just trying to fill in the races tho, I think having only 2 playable races would turn ppl off. Chances are it'll be human, jaffa, unas, those grey aliens (name eludes me atm), and a few others.

The little grey guys are the Asgard, can you play as a goul'd?

Kritish said:

WTF, yes it does.

Kritish said:
The little grey guys are the Asgard, can you play as a goul'd?

Honestly no clue on Goul'd, I was posting what I heard which was human, unas, Asgard (surprised I didn't remember that name lol), jaffa, and unas. Not sure if they've even announced any others.

FadingCB said:
Honestly no clue on Goul'd, I was posting what I heard which was human, unas, Asgard (surprised I didn't remember that name lol), jaffa, and unas. Not sure if they've even announced any others.

How could they not include the Goul'd?:huh:
They're one of the most popular races created. Besides, think about all the cool tech you could use.

Maybe under the assumption that this game takes place after the fall of the Goul'd?
Have they announced wheter the Stargate MMO is gonna be pay to play?

I wanna play the FPSMMO Huxley
Anyone know when thats coming out?

The_Raven said:
Marvel and Warhammer Online, though I haven't checked out the progress on either one in a while.

Right now I'm just amazed at how much free time I have after I quit WoW.

Unless it looks like an utter turd, I'll give Marvel a try (even if I have to buy a 360). I just hope it has more depth than CoH.
If you dont feel like buying a 360 for the marvel game play it on PC. Thats what I am doing PC graphics would be better IMO because it has a whole lot more of HD to work with. But I am also waiting for the DC game as well. But I agree with you the Marvel game or DC one better have more depth then COH. I also hope they do a crisis or something in their game.

...I'm having a gamergasm...
I looked into the Stargate one and it looks great! And Firefly is my favorite..ever.

Okay, my *long* list:

2007:
Aion Tower of Eternity

2007+ :
Marvel Universe Online
Stargate Worlds
Firefly Online

All-Star Superman said:
If you dont feel like buying a 360 for the marvel game play it on PC. Thats what I am doing PC graphics would be better IMO because it has a whole lot more of HD to work with. But I am also waiting for the DC game as well. But I agree with you the Marvel game or DC one better have more depth then COH. I also hope they do a crisis or something in their game.

I wasn't sure if it would be available for PC, but if it is, then hell yeah. I also didn't know there was a DC game in the works. Beans o' coolness.

Conan sounds interesting too, but I'd much rather play something non-fantasy for a change (Warhammer excluded). I'm still kinda miffed about how bad Matrix Online was.

The_Raven said:
I wasn't sure if it would be available for PC, but if it is, then hell yeah. I also didn't know there was a DC game in the works. Beans o' coolness.

Conan sounds interesting too, but I'd much rather play something non-fantasy for a change (Warhammer excluded). I'm still kinda miffed about how bad Matrix Online was.

Ya, I only played Matrix for 1 month, but agreed that what I played of it was bad. Very few group activities or things to do at the level cap from what ppl at the lvl cap were saying. It took me a week to see another player in game, and then days after that to see another. The fighting system was fun to watch, but overall got boring to me quick.

I actually paid for 2 months, but say I played for 1 because of their horrible connectivity problems. First mmo I played was Everquest and had no problems, then WoW and again no problems, my first 2 weeks of paid service of MxO I was unable to connect. Finally after being told for the millionth time by a tech guy to check my router again (first thing I did before I contacted them), they went down on a thursday for maitenance and when they came back up I could connect. I played for a month and then had the same problems, said screw it and cut my losses and canceled mid way thru that month.

FadingCB said:
Ya, I only played Matrix for 1 month, but agreed that what I played of it was bad. Very few group activities or things to do at the level cap from what ppl at the lvl cap were saying. It took me a week to see another player in game, and then days after that to see another. The fighting system was fun to watch, but overall got boring to me quick.

I quit during my vaunted "Free 30-day trial". And the 2 weeks I spent playing were actually pretty cool. Tons of other players were there to help me out, I was all into it....but the damned lag killed it for me. I had a cable connection and a pretty high-end rig and still...coughs and slowdowns in fights meant to mimic high-end kung-fu...? C'mon.

There were tons of other players on, and one random dude told me about Radio Free Zion (an i-net radio station that played "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" every ten minutes). They were cool. They'd announce club parties and event type stuff with live DJ's as it was happening, which I though was swooft. I loved it.

I played until I got hyper-jump (level....? not much). After I watched myself jitter-framing my way to my first landing, I said to hell with it and canceled.

I had dropped CoH about 2 weeks prior, and one month later, I was playing WoW, and I wasted roughly 40 actual days of my life on that bastard.

gah!

The_Raven said:
I quit during my vaunted "Free 30-day trial". And the 2 weeks I spent playing were actually pretty cool. Tons of other players were there to help me out, I was all into it....but the damned lag killed it for me. I had a cable connection and a pretty high-end rig and still...coughs and slowdowns in fights meant to mimic high-end kung-fu...? C'mon.

There were tons of other players on, and one random dude told me about Radio Free Zion (an i-net radio station that played "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" every ten minutes). They were cool. They'd announce club parties and event type stuff with live DJ's as it was happening, which I though was swooft. I loved it.

I played until I got hyper-jump (level....? not much). After I watched myself jitter-framing my way to my first landing, I said to hell with it and canceled.

I had dropped CoH about 2 weeks prior, and one month later, I was playing WoW, and I wasted roughly 40 actual days of my life on that bastard.

gah!

Well I realize reading back I made it sound like a horrible game, it honestly wasn't the worst mmo, just not a great one. Ya radio stations would hold events on weekends, like kung fu tournaments or dance parties. I went to one and not many showed up, but it seemed like it would have been fun. It seemed to me that the community of that game did more than the actual game itself.

FadingCB said:
It seemed to me that the community of that game did more than the actual game itself.

That's exactly the way it went.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"