Triad Wars: Sleeping Dogs Fallow up

zenith16

Avenger
Reaction score
For now it seem this will be for pc well til we hear otherwise. when we do it'll be moved
Sleeping Dogs follow-up Triad Wars is a PC only online game

at 22:04 on 21 September 2014

If you were a fan of 2012 sleeper hit Sleeping Dogs and are averse to change, then the following news may worry you. According to an announcement by Sleeping Dogs studio United Front Games, forthcoming follow-up Triad Wars is an online only installment coming exclusively to PC. Sleeping Dogs was a single player game which released for consoles as well as PCs, so it's probably safe to assume that Triad Wars will be an entirely different beast.
Continue reading

source:pC gamer

Last edited:
More on this

Triad Wars is an "open world action strategy" game coming exclusively to PC

Shaun Prescott at 22:43 on 22 September 2014

[YT]jQn4OvRrK0A[/YT]
As promised, United Front Games has released the first solid details for Triad Wars, the long promised follow-up to Sleeping Dogs. According to the introduction video embedded below, Triad Wars is an "open-world action strategy" game set in Hong Kong. Rather than focus on Sleeping Dogs protagonist Wei Shen, the online game will more closely resemble a traditional MMO, with players responsible for establishing their own turf, finding a niche in the underworld, and hopefully fighting to take other gangs' turf.

Continue reading

source:pC gamer

Triad Wars : Development Updates to Star in Live Stream Event

Posted Mar 12, 2015

The Triad Wars team will be on hand for a special live stream event today beginning at 2:00 pm Pacific / 5:00 pm Eastern. The stream will showcase the latest development updates as well as give players an opportunity to ask questions of the team.
Permalink | 0 comments

Read more at http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm/page/1#IEf7BmTTx91vEFj7.99

source: MMORPG.com

Triad Wars : Closed Beta First Impressions

Posted Mar 23, 2015

Triad Wars is a F2P asynchronous MMO currently in closed beta from Square Enix and United Front Games. Taking place in the same universe as open world cult hit Sleeping Dogs, Triad Wars blends a lot of RPG elements with city management and other forms of progression to create a unique blend of genres. But is it any good? Read on for our full impressions from the Closed Beta.
Read more of Bill Murphy's Triad Wars Closed Beta First Impressions.
Asynchronous MMO is a funny term. What it means, before you get excited about a fully-multiplayer Sleeping Dogs, is that you’ll play Triad Wars completely solo, but you’ll be competing with and against other players. In entire honesty, it has more in common with regular open world RPGs, than any MMO. Though you’re playing on the servers at the same time with thousands of others, you’ll never really see anyone else. The multiplayer aspect is like Clash of Clans. You build a base, attack others’ bases, and join clans to go on larger scale wars.

[YT]4XkUBdldiIs[/YT]

Our video first impressions.
So basically, Triad Wars is the perfect MMO if you really don’t want to deal or play with other people in any real meaningful way. It’s not bad, in fact it can be very fun and is polished really tightly, but calling it an MMO is a bit of a stretch. In a time when I spend a lot of my days ruminating on what an MMO really is, a game where you don’t really play alongside other players? That’s not an MMO.
But! Triad Wars is fun. The biggest problems I see with the game at this stage are two issues: there are no female playable characters (though UFG says they will likely be added there’s no guarantee) and the amount of actual content is pretty paltry from what I can tell. It makes Triad Wars a perfect game for 15-30 minute sessions, but maybe not much more than that.
Gameplay will be immediately familiar to Sleeping Dogs fans. The actual action of the game is a mix of melee combat and third person shooting, with character progression centered on the several skill trees (melee, ranged, and so on). You have full customization of your looks as well, though this beta has been mainly about selecting a preset and changing his looks through earnable and purchasable costume pieces.
In between raids on opposing bases, you’ll be maintaining and protecting your own territory, by upgrading it, collecting money from various fronts, recruiting NPCs to work for you, and so forth. While managing the base, you’re given an overhead view of what buildings you have available, and you can upgrade, tweak placement, and order your peons to do stuff and make you money (run illegal gambling rings, shady imports and exports, and so on). You’ll also have to evade the law if they catch you up to no good, while working your way up the ranks of the Triad.

There’s a brief storyline that serves as the tutorial, but eventually the game just sets you on your own to let you rove about and raid people. The problem I’ve seen so far is that the content is repetitive. Bases look a lot alike, and there’s little variation stylistically. It would be nice if players could decorate these spaces, and would serve nicely for the F2P monetization I’m sure, but as of now you’re stuck with default options. All you choose is from limited amount of locations to place your operations. Think WoW’s Garrisons.
Triad Wars is also a Free to Play PC game, which means they have to get your money somehow, right? There is, of course, a cash shop. And frankly, it could very well be Pay to Win, but with RNG in there to boot. Now there’s no direct PVP in TW, but you are competing against rival clans and players. So when players can buy card packs that could potentially grant excellent items and weapons, you know people will freak. But, from what I can tell, you can get everything from card packs by just buying it with in-game money as well. The rest of the stuff in the shop are cosmetic items and cool looking vehicles.
I’ve only been able to put in a few hours so far, but my biggest reservations about Triad Wars are its amount of content and its lack of female player characters. Now the “MMO” term. I get it, it is multiplayer, and there are thousands of players, and you are online. But there’s no real shared gamespace. Asynchronous helps clear it up, but a lot of players are going to try this thinking there are going to be other players with them… and there just aren’t. That doesn’t make it a bad game. In fact, it’s every bit as fun as Sleeping Dogs, with the added bonuses of more player ownership of your base and character.
TW_t.jpg

If UFG adds some sort of co-op mission or raids, they’ll really be in business I think, as the game itself is very polished and fun even if it’s light on things to do. Triad Wars may not hold you for hours at a time, but instead is perfect for a light session here or there. And frankly, that’s not a bad thing to have. We all love our deep MMORPGs, but sometimes it’s nice to get the feeling of an open world RPG without having to spend 2-3 hours to feel like you’re progressing. If you want to take a look at Triad Wars yourself, you can grab one of several thousand keys we still have left over here.
Stay tuned later today and this week as our stream team takes to the streets and beats up some rival gangs too.
William Murphy / Bill is the Managing Editor of MMORPG.com, RTSGuru.com, and lover of all things gaming. He's been playing and writing about MMOs and geekery since 2002. Be sure to follow him on Twitter for all of his pointless rambling.
Permalink | 18 comments
Read more at http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm/page/1#xCYQ6IKd9oRusIs6.99

55_32.png

A Casual, Cornered : Triad Wars - Doomed by a Limited Set of Mechanics...or Not?

Posted Mar 24, 2015

Recently I have been taking a look at Triad Wars, a new “asynchronous MMO” from Square Enix. I won’t get into every aspect of the game and how it is in no way a “real” MMO – I’ll let William Murphy cover that in his video – but I would like to use Triad Wars as an example to ask:
“Can a multiplayer game survive on such a limited set of mechanics?”
Read more of Beau Hindman's A Casual, Cornered - Triad Wars - Doomed by a Limited Set of Mechanics...or Not?
Look, I don’t like technical mumbo-jumbo and I certainly am not a fan of casting titles on every single aspect of this hobby. That trend has caused more fun to be sucked out of the gamespace than almost anything and has led to things like e-sports which are poised to take down actual virtual worlds by preying on gamer’s often-inborn competitive streak and need for guidelines and rules.
Having said that mouthful, Triad Wars offers a limited set of mechanics or things to do.
In the game, players take on the role of a male gangmember (sorry, all it offers are male characters. This alone might scare you from the game, but let’s skip that for now even though I want to write 1,000 words on how ridiculous it is) and will set out in the world of three different gangs, attacking bases, and defending home turf with the hopes of climbing up the gang ladder of success. One day, the player might just grow past “thug”… if only in a dream!
Minus all of the clichés and gritty cityscapes that populate the game, there are some nice mechanics behind the curtain. Essentially, this is a grittier, harder-to-run Clash of Clans. As you play on a server with thousands of players, you never actually see those players. Instead, you see their bases and their NPCs, and they see yours. The (basic) idea is to attack the rival base, break through defenses and grab the cash.
Beau-Mar24-1.png

You’ll assign NPCs different jobs to raise money at your base, something that feels like sending a builder to upgrade a building or take down a tree in other games; all of these automated tasks result in cash.
That’s the thing about popular mechanics like card battles, tower defense or button-mashing combat; once you see them in one form, you see them everywhere. Gaming is not always the territory of the most creative individuals in the world. In fact, even though gaming can often show us things we have never seen, the hobby is populated more with programmer-types than artist-types. What better way to make a game than to copy particular mechanics with slightly different graphics?
There’s nothing inherently wrong with copycatting or repeated design. It really depends on what we are using as an example. Triad Wars at least steals some popular mobile mechanics and puts them on a completely different device (gaming PCs) which does result in a different interaction. I couldn’t care less about the cityscapes and insulting gangland clichés like cockfighting and prostitutes, so it’s a shame that these same mechanics could not have been wrapped in something more spectacular and original. How many times do we have to play grizzled toughies who drive recklessly?
How long can a game last when it offers such basic mechanics like base-building and hand-to-hand combat? Well, if we take the example of Clash of Clans that William used during his video, we can see a game that has been massively successful. (We can also try to look for a “real” MMO as an example but will probably be disappointed; after all, just the presence of players in real time offers more variety to play than you’d get in a game like Triad Wars. Real MMOs are just in another league, and so are not valid for this example.)
Beau-Mar24-2.png

I am a very big fan of casual, action-based or strategy-based games like Clash of Clans. As William points out in the video, games like this are great for short sessions of maybe 30 minutes. My normal Clash of Clans sessions are five or 10 minutes, and then longer ones at the end of the week as I rebuild my base or attempt to upgrade. I have spent all of $10 on the game.
This model works for Clash of Clans, but I’m wondering if it will work so well for Triad Wars, at least when looking at the amount of content the game currently offers. For example:
Clash of Clans can be found on mobile devices; this means that a person can log in from anywhere they can find a device.
Triad Wars requires a pretty beefy gaming PC. That means you can log in from home. From your gaming PC.
One piece of hardware is perfectly tuned to casual, short sessions that are supported by more infrequent, longer sessions. The other is supported by grabbing a drink, sitting down and playing for hours. Sure, someone like myself is perfectly happy to skip in and out of several MMOs or multiplayer games within an evening, but most fans I know like to commit, and they’re stubborn about it.
Beau-Mar24-3.png

Remember APB (now APB:Reloaded)? We all had some fun in that one, and it offered similar mechanics and graphics to Triad Wars but also featured true multiplayer, massive customization, missions, and all sorts of options for gameplay… how many of us still play that one?
I am not sure that casual multiplayer mechanics can be so successful in the realm of the hardcore gaming PC, but it’s possible that multiplayer and MMO fans could be attracted to the “daily quest” aspect of Triad Wars. I tend to hate dailies simply because they suck all of the fun out of virtual worlds for me (they feel like homework or, worse yet, a job) but many players love them or, at least, tolerate them for some reason.
Perhaps the secret sauce in Triad Wars will be its job-like quality. Log in, check with your buddies, attack a base or three, log out. Repeat.
Hmm, now that I think of it, it just might work.
What are your ideas? Could the casual gaming mechanics in Triad Wars work in multiplayer PC gaming?

Beau Hindman / Beau is a writer, artist, PR/CM, game designer and pro moderator, and he's been blogging since 2002. He lives it up in Austin, Texas with his community manager wife. He's also the author of Anna the Powerful, a sci-fi book about the world's only superhero.
Permalink | 2 comments
Read more at http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm/page/1#FlPkmqXojvfUbhGh.99

Triad Wars : Mini Closed Beta Interview - Keeping Players Interested

Posted Mar 30, 2015

With Triad Wars firmly in closed beta, we sent in a couple of questions to lead designer Steve Ferriara. Check out his answers below.
MMORPG: A lot of our readers like the action of Triad Wars, but worry that maybe this game isn't deep enough to hold their attention as MMO and RPG players. How do you plan to combat the perception that Triad Wars is like a really pretty (albeit fun) PC version Clash of Clans?
Steve Ferriara: Triad Wars is just in the early stages right now and throughout the closed beta our focus is on balance, stability and polishing up the core experience. We know we aren’t offering a deeply complex metagame or multiplayer experience yet,however this is where we see great potential for Triad Wars and already have plans that expand on the current design going forward. This was a conscious decision that has allowed us to get the game out into players hands earlier and ensure we don’t over invest in important areas that take a lot of commitment and time into developing the right way until we get feedback and qualification from the community. More ways for players to interact, co-operative play, expanding the choices and impact of those choices through turf building, customization of Turfs and Triads, single player and community based competition are all things that we’re frantically working towards. Everyday we get more feedback from the community that brings new insight and impacts how we work and what we work towards so we’re obviously not ready to commit and make promises to a timeline but rest assured we’re as eager to get there as the players are.
MMORPG: Are there any plans or thoughts on bringing the game to consoles? It seems like a perfect fit for the existing architecture on PSN and XBL. We would love to have Triad Wars on consoles, but for now we are focused on provided the best experience on PC.
Steve Ferriara: We would love to have Triad Wars on consoles, but for now we are focused on provided the best experience on PC.
TW_t.jpg
Permalink | 0 comments

Read more at http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm/page/1#VZQprbLOW2tobZ15.99

Triad Wars : April Update Detailed, Hopefully Live on April 15th

Posted Apr 14, 2015

The Triad Wars site has been updated with a forward look at the next patch. In it, the team details several of the key components that they've been working on to include in the patch.
Most notably, players can expect the following:
  • a new Raid Start screen to show "favors" the player and defender have active to allow for adjustments to gear
  • 20 new items have been added to the store
  • communication enhancement added to the Player Profile screen -- overall rank progression through the ranks ending in Dragon Head
  • raiding UI improvements
  • multiple objective markers displayed on map
  • ranking up 'celebrates' more visibly
  • AI changes that allow for more aggression at higher ranks
  • cleaver damage output reduced
  • operations received a pass to better scale difficulty
  • tutorial flow improvements
  • Refer a Friend added
  • bug fixes
Barring any major bugs, the update is anticipated to go live on Wednesday, April 15th.

You can read more about each of the above on the Triad Wars site.

Permalink | 0 comments

Read more at http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm/page/1#8Lj1l15H8yhZcpPA.99

Triad Wars : New Trailer Invites you to Own the Underworld

Posted Apr 20, 2015

A new Triad Wars trailer has been released that invites watchers to own the underworld. It's a spicy look at the upcoming game with language and violence to suit. Check it out and see what you think.
Set in the vibrant city of Hong Kong and Sleeping Dogs universe, Triad Wars is an online open-world action/adventure game where you experience high-octane violence and non-stop martial arts action as the #1 badass in a hard-hitting Hong Kong Cinema-styled world of crime. Forge your personal empire in the dark heart of Hong Kong and manipulate the Triad underworld as the ultimate criminal mastermind. Succeed through strategy via extortion, hacking & money laundering or muscle your way to the top with the lethal combination of guns, knives, & fists. Own the streets before they own you [YT]T2_YXEfeWXs[/YT]

Permalink | 0 comments

Read more at http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm/page/1#CRJwOj3T51Di1Lfo.99

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"