Anyone else upset???

oriole

Civilian
Reaction score
Maybe its just me......maybe its not. I understand innovation.....I understand creativity......I understand keeping things fresh.....I really do. However I found myself at work today....all day in fact, thinking to myself what in the world has happened to Final Fantasy. And more so rpg's in this day in age. Remember Playstation 1? Remember the glory days of Final Fantasy VII, VIII, and IX? When things were simple? I might even throw Final Fantasy X in there too. What spectacular games. Those games were epic! Now we have had Final Fantasy XI.....I get it, its online woop de doo. Then came Final Fantasy XII. I for one had such a hard time enjoying that game. Why do developers feel the need to turn our true rpg Final Fantasy games into devil may cry wannabees with a tit bit more story. ITS BEYOND ME! What was wrong with the simple yet effective atb system. Nobody complained about it......nobody asked for something new. I want a rpg with a Final Fantasy calibur story that has the plain old atb battle system. I even miss just the written dialouge. FFXII got a little better with that i admit. But Lets look at FF XIII or even FF versus XIII....both these games look like some devil may cry spinoff!!!!!! I would have LOVED a remake of VII for a next gen console......and it would have sold millions! Why wouldnt they have done that! Its beyond me!!!!!!!! I replay those Final Fantasy games all the time just because theyre what true rpg's should be like. I would even throw another game like maybe Legend of Dragoon in there as well. They just dont make rpgs like they used to....and its sad.

Anyone else feeling my pain here or am I a nutbag who just cant let go. Appreciate any feedback thanks guys

I believe you're thinking about the wrong kind of RPG. You're more likely to find better responses in the Video Games forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"